How Long Should They Play Griffin Without Improvement?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:32 am

RG3 will not be the QB here if he does not show EACH & EVERY WEEK that he's the best QB we have ...

what's the point of saying "if RG3 shows that he cannot play QB .... "

I have no doubt that Mike will put the best QB out there each week - with both short and long term in mind

I'm not 'sitting' RG3 for Cousins based on the last 2 games ... I want to see this team play well and RG3 play badly ... THEN, I'd consider putting Cousins in ... that is not happening IMO :lol:

Cousins is a good QB but he's not near as good as RG3 ...
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:33 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:You want to be compared to AP for healing, AP put that team on his back from the jump when he started his first game.

No, he didn't. Look at the stats the Vikings first six games. What was their record?

AP 2012: carries/yards W/L

Game 1: 17/84 W
Game 2: 16/60 L
Game 3: 25/86 W
Game 4: 21/102 W
Game 5: 17/88 W
Game 6: 17/79 L (Redskins W)
Game 7: 23/153 W and he was off.

Total TDs through 6 games: 2; Total yards: 499, 4.4 y/carry average (his y/carry for the whole year, 6yds/carry).

So no, not tearing it up from jump by any stretch.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby LORD GIBBS » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:54 am

stick with him hes our QB ride him through this tuff time he will be back :lol:
I BLEED BURGUNDY AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:35 pm

tbh we are stuck with starting him right now. he is our franchise qb. if we were talking prior to game 1 we could bring up benching him, which i thought it would be wise to keep him out a few games. the first 2 games experience will only make griffen better. well be alright after the bye.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:39 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:I'm just not buying that Kirk Cousins was going to be the difference maker against the Packers last weekend.

I don't disagree with this at all, but you can't tell me that we wouldn't have had a better shot at winning with the Kirkster against the Eagles in week 1.

Maybe I can't convince you, but I think its debatable. Was Kirk Cousins going to make it less likely that McCoy would break off 200 yards on us?

I don't see how anybody watched that game and thought, "Wow, we would have won that one if only Kirk Cousins had started." Seriously, the Eagles ran all over us on offense and pushed our offensive line around on defense.

Say what you want about that game, but RGIII did bring us back to within six points in the end. Nobody gives him much credit because maybe the Eagles D had backed off some in the second half. But we were still only down six and came very close to recovering the onside kick at the end.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:48 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:I'm just not buying that Kirk Cousins was going to be the difference maker against the Packers last weekend.

I don't disagree with this at all, but you can't tell me that we wouldn't have had a better shot at winning with the Kirkster against the Eagles in week 1.

Maybe I can't convince you, but I think its debatable. Was Kirk Cousins going to make it less likely that McCoy would break off 200 yards on us?

I don't see how anybody watched that game and thought, "Wow, we would have won that one if only Kirk Cousins had started." Seriously, the Eagles ran all over us on offense and pushed our offensive line around on defense.

Say what you want about that game, but RGIII did bring us back to within six points in the end. Nobody gives him much credit because maybe the Eagles D had backed off some in the second half. But we were still only down six and came very close to recovering the onside kick at the end.

So true!!! The defense has been awful. And did we really have a chance against the Packers? You know? An argument can be said that Griffen gives the defense momentum but still...

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:51 pm

Have you all read the article in the Washington Post from good ole Josh Wilson? Man you talk about a smack in the face for any Redskin fan. He is now the worst hated Redskin of mine!!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:50 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Have you all read the article in the Washington Post from good ole Josh Wilson? Man you talk about a smack in the face for any Redskin fan. He is now the worst hated Redskin of mine!!!

oh naaaaw... what did he say??
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:08 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Have you all read the article in the Washington Post from good ole Josh Wilson? Man you talk about a smack in the face for any Redskin fan. He is now the worst hated Redskin of mine!!!

I hope you're talking about some article other than the one in which he's quoted as responding to a reporter asking him about how many yards the d has given up (and how its setting a record for futility) and his responding that he doesn't care about yards, he's focused on wins and losses.

The one titled, "yards don't matter, wins do"
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:30 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

Guess we'll agree to disagree on this one. The rust on RGIII is what held our offense back in the first half letting the game get out of reach, IMO.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:47 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I've seen him throw into double coverage ONCE... How many times have you seen it? He's thrown 3 picks... 2 of which were catchable tosses that were muffed by receivers... I always prefer facts over exaggeration, myself. The bottom line is, Griff has to do this... at this point there is no choice... he plays... and he learns.

I have no doubts that Griffin will never be benched for poor play. But would you personally want to stick with him if we are 0-4 going into the bye (if his play is the same as the first two weeks)?

Absolutely! His play has shown steady improvement over those two games, so extrapolating forward as you are, I can't see benching him for getting better.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:38 am

While RGIII hasn't shown the top-end speed we crave, he is still faster and more mobile than the majority of qb's in the league. He is quick enough to be effective running IMO. He may not be a homerun threat quite yet, but 8-12 yards and a slide a few times will likely create opportunities that the straight pocket approach has not. I see progress with Robert and the offense, and thus see no point to sitting him. When else is he supposed to work things out, in walk-thru's?

The D has really disappointed so far, but I don't think they actually suck. The Talent is there, but not the execution. The most frustrating part to me has been seeing the D do good things and putting the opposition into a bad spot, only to commit some stupid penalty or blow an assignment and negate the positive. Haslett managed to tweak last year's squad into relative effectiveness, and I am hopefull that this group will pull it together soon and play as a unit.

We are one game back at present in a division where nobody is playing dominant football. We actually CAN afford to lose a few games while Griffin returns to form as long as our division continues to obligingly collect "L"s. If we get it together and beat the Lions, we could even be tied for the division lead come Monday. If so, this whole conversation will be moot.

I readilly confess that I have alway clung to any silver lining I can find regarding the Skins, but since Bob's debut, I do not think of it as drinking the kool-aid anymore. With RGIII, anything is possible and I have faith.

redskinsmiley
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

piggie

Re: How Long Should They Play Griffin Without Improvement?

Postby Bishop Hammer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Deadskins wrote:
OldSchool wrote:How many games do the rest of you think the Skins should give Griffin before making a change?

Best answer all season.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:13 am

So that article about yards don't matter doesn't concern you all? Wow okay to each his own. But while he isn't worried about yards, we continue to stock up in the L column. If teams don't get yards, they don't score, they don't have first downs. No Yards is a pretty good recipe for winning IMHO but what do I know, that defense set the record for most yards allowed thru 3 games and have a record of 0-3 but Josh is right.....Yards don't matter.......SMH!!!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:39 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:So that article about yards don't matter doesn't concern you all? Wow okay to each his own. But while he isn't worried about yards, we continue to stock up in the L column. If teams don't get yards, they don't score, they don't have first downs. No Yards is a pretty good recipe for winning IMHO but what do I know, that defense set the record for most yards allowed thru 3 games and have a record of 0-3 but Josh is right.....Yards don't matter.......SMH!!!

I'd say to at least wait until this game against the Raiders before starting the gloom and doom stuff. 1-3 going into the bye would be a considerable difference from 0-4. Now if our team goes out there and lays an egg again I fully expect the sky is falling stuff to start. But it's only week 4. Lots of football to go.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football