Redskins do it again. Game Day Thread vs. Lions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:29 pm

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:29 pm

It's always the same. The 'Skins always have to play well enough to beat both the opponent and the refs. Didn't happen today.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor


As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3171
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Convince me we won't be 0-5 heading into the bye.

Hog
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Okay, I can understand overturning Robinson's TD (hell of a pass though), and even not calling the horsecollar, but what's this BS about the ground causing a fumble since he slid head-first???
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

the 'mudge
Posts: 14380
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:30 pm

PulpExposure wrote:Also I didn't realize how screwed the pass/run ratio ended up being. 22 rushes...50 passes?

What does Andy Reid now coach us?
ummm... that kind of happens when you are behind in the second half... you know?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:29 am
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Postby SKINS#1 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Time to hit the Panic Button! :idea:

the 'mudge
Posts: 14380
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:32 pm

ACW wrote:Okay, I can understand overturning Robinson's TD (hell of a pass though), and even not calling the horsecollar, but what's this BS about the ground causing a fumble since he slid head-first???
It's the correct call... in order to give himself up, he MUST slide feet first, otherwise, he is not down until he is touched. He slid head first, therefore, was not down until touched. Ball came out... fumble.

The problem is, I'm not sure anyone recovering from a knee injury will be comfortable sliding feet first into defenders.
Last edited by Countertrey on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Posts: 14380
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:32 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:Time to hit the Panic Button! :idea:
Why?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Countertrey wrote:
ACW wrote:Okay, I can understand overturning Robinson's TD (hell of a pass though), and even not calling the horsecollar, but what's this BS about the ground causing a fumble since he slid head-first???
It's the correct call... in order to give himself up, he MUST slide feet first, otherwise, he is not down until he is touched. He slid head first, therefore, was not down until touched. Ball came out... fumble.

The problem is, I'm not sure anyone recovering from a knee injury will be comfortable sliding feet first into defenders.
That...is a weird rule. Right call okay, but still weird rule.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Seoul

Postby Snout » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Countertrey wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:Time to hit the Panic Button! :idea:
Why?


Well, we have no effective defense. CLL tried to lecture me last week that the defense is struggling because the offense cannot get anything going, but this week's results show that just isn't true. We won the time of possession battle this week, but we still gave up too many points, too many yards.

0-3 is a big hole, especially when two of those losses were at home against teams we were supposed to beat.

But hey, CLL says I don't know sh*t, and I hope he's right.

B-rad
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 am
Location: De La War

Postby brad7686 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Well at least they looked more like a bumbling NFL team today as opposed to a Division 3 college squad.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

|||
Posts: 4308
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 pm

We are going to the playoffs. RG3 looked good. Other then the fumble he played well. Check the stats.

Both sides can use improvement but our team played well guys. Compare this game to last game. Huge strides man.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||
Posts: 4308
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Look guys I was ready to fire Haslett last week. I wont sugar coat my opinion. Our team played well today and we saw improvements.
One fumble and TD that got called back. Other then that we would of won the game. Im telling you guys this team has it in them to go to the playoffs.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog
Posts: 2145
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:53 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:We are going to the playoffs. RG3 looked good. Other then the fumble he played well. Check the stats.

Both sides can use improvement but our team played well guys. Compare this game to last game. Huge strides man.


Once their backs are against wall like last year I believe they will play better.

So far they don't have that sense of urgency. This division is throw back but weak compared to past. I think we can come back. We need a few breaks though like we got last year. If they call plays against us that shouldn't or are questionable then things are not going to be as easy (hard) like last year.

|||
Posts: 4308
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:55 pm

I disagree as far as a sense of urgency is concerned. I saw our team fight today. I know you seen it too. They did not give up either. So that tells me they still have heart.

Obviously from here on out its one game at a time. Win next week and get to the bye.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

the 'mudge
Posts: 14380
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Snout wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:Time to hit the Panic Button! :idea:
Why?


Well, we have no effective defense. CLL tried to lecture me last week that the defense is struggling because the offense cannot get anything going, but this week's results show that just isn't true. We won the time of possession battle this week, but we still gave up too many points, too many yards.

0-3 is a big hole, especially when two of those losses were at home against teams we were supposed to beat.

But hey, CLL says I don't know sh*t, and I hope he's right.
Sooo... explain how panicking is going to help anything...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football