Post game Lions @ Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Countertrey wrote:I agree on the td call. I've replayed several times, and saw no conclusive evidence that Robinson's hand was not between the ground and the ball at all times. They use the same images presented on Network tv... telling me that he did not have evidence to overturn that. There was no image of the ball touching the ground.

That's what pissed me off.. it was over ruled, not withheld. The evidence has to be decisive to over turn a td call on the field. Total bs. I honestly think he established control before going to the ground... I'm biased and pist about the over ruling so my goggles might see it differently Lmao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piggie

Griffin Looked Improved Today

Postby OldSchool » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:32 pm

I thought the Skins should sit him down after last week but he looked better today. He's working his way back and made a number of good throws. He wasn't pressured as much this week and he looked more comfortable. I think he is on his way now. The Skins need to improve the defense but Detroit has a good receiving corps. skins are 0-3 but I'm encouraged, I saw improvement today.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Countertrey wrote:
ACW wrote:That fumble rule is STUPID.

And 0-5? We'll lose twice next week? We won't even lose once. Not against Oakland,

NYG's even worse BTW.
Why is it stupid? It's done that way so that the defense knows when the qb is giving himself up, and they cannot hit him.
Code: Select all
 You will appreciate the rule when Sheli trips when running for a few yards and fumbles.
.. we recover. Do you think the rule is stupid, then? All quarterbacks are coached up on the difference... do it the wrong way at your peril. That fumble was totally on Bob. He knows it, and will own it.

The calls I found interesting were the "Defensive Line Blocking" call... and the Illegal procedure called on Bob on that very clear offsides. Both of those calls were made by Hoculli. It was clear at that point that Hoculli had a hard on for someone. In fact, it was obvious that two members of his team disagreed on that fantasy illegal procedure call, but Hoculli overruled them.

Will we get that call though if Shelly loses it the same way? I thought like he did that the ground can't cause it but I was enlightened today.

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Countertrey wrote:

And 0-5? We'll lose twice next week? We won't even lose once. Not against Oakland,

NYG's even worse BTW.
Why is it stupid? It's done that way so that the defense knows when the qb is giving himself up, and they cannot hit him. You will appreciate the rule when Sheli trips when running for a few yards and fumbles... we recover. Do you think the rule is stupid, then? All quarterbacks are coached up on the difference... do it the wrong way at your peril. That fumble was totally on Bob. He knows it, and will own it.
It was CLEAR he was sliding.

As for the overturned TD, I think I can accept that.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

NYG's even worse BTW.
Why is it stupid? It's done that way so that the defense knows when the qb is giving himself up, and they cannot hit him.
 You will appreciate the rule when Sheli trips when running for a few yards and fumbles.
.. we recover. Do you think the rule is stupid, then? All quarterbacks are coached up on the difference... do it the wrong way at your peril. That fumble was totally on Bob. He knows it, and will own it.

The calls I found interesting were the "Defensive Line Blocking" call... and the Illegal procedure called on Bob on that very clear offsides. Both of those calls were made by Hoculli. It was clear at that point that Hoculli had a hard on for someone. In fact, it was obvious that two members of his team disagreed on that fantasy illegal procedure call, but Hoculli overruled them.

Will we get that call though if Shelly loses it the same way? I thought like he did that the ground can't cause it but I was enlightened today.
Well... it's a bang bang interpretation... if they call it wrong, it will be indisputable that there's something fishy at play, now wouldn't it?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:41 pm

ACW wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

NYG's even worse BTW.
Why is it stupid? It's done that way so that the defense knows when the qb is giving himself up, and they cannot hit him. You will appreciate the rule when Sheli trips when running for a few yards and fumbles... we recover. Do you think the rule is stupid, then? All quarterbacks are coached up on the difference... do it the wrong way at your peril. That fumble was totally on Bob. He knows it, and will own it.
It was CLEAR he was sliding.

As for the overturned TD, I think I can accept that.
The rule requires that he slide feet first. In that case, the play is dead where he first contacts the ground. If he slides any other way, the play is not dead until he is down by contact. The ball is placed where it is when that happens. He was not touched... it was a fumble. His intent has no bearing on the call, except in the first case.

We also disagree about the touchdown... but... whatever.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

NYG's even worse BTW.

Well... it's a bang bang interpretation... if they call it wrong, it will be indisputable that there's something fishy at play, now wouldn't it?

:) yeah. It was new to me though. HTTR

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:47 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I'm pist about some hard calls to.swallow.. the over turned td and mistakes on both sides.

I saw on D some encouraging improvements..
D hall balled pretty well today.. he has more points then the O does in the first halves of the first three games. Made big plays all game.
Amerson looked like he is learning some tricks of the trade, but still is far from perfect.
Rob Jackson and JJ should help the unit after the bye.
The safety play is still a work in progress... Did Rambo even play?!

On o:
Jordan is trying to take Fred's job
Morris is still a beast
Helu is a great change of pace back
Rgiii can still run (feet first god damnit!)
Garçon is healthy
O ya, Rgiii has over a G passing on pace to over 5k... Looking better every week too!

Penalties, capitalizing on drives, and cohesion in the secondary is what we will see improving weekly I hope

Rambo was hurt, an early casualty. Jordan should be the No.1 TE. You're right about everything. RG3 is steadily improving. Trouble is, the season might be three quarters over before we're
competitive. The bottom line is: RGIII needs to be all the way back (and running) before we starting beating the better teams. The Redskin team I saw today can't stop the pass or the run and will wind up 3 and 13, if that.

I honestly don't remember ever seeing a Redskin D worse than ours. It's not only an embarrassment for us but also for the league. Every running back who plays against us suddenly looks like a mix of Gayle Sayers, Jim Brown, and Bronco Nagurski. Every quarterback like Sammy Baugh.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:55 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I'm pist about some hard calls to.swallow.. the over turned td and mistakes on both sides.

I saw on D some encouraging improvements..
D hall balled pretty well today.. he has more points then the O does in the first halves of the first three games. Made big plays all game.
Amerson looked like he is learning some tricks of the trade, but still is far from perfect.
Rob Jackson and JJ should help the unit after the bye.
The safety play is still a work in progress... Did Rambo even play?!

On o:
Jordan is trying to take Fred's job
Morris is still a beast
Helu is a great change of pace back
Rgiii can still run (feet first god damnit!)
Garçon is healthy
O ya, Rgiii has over a G passing on pace to over 5k... Looking better every week too!

Penalties, capitalizing on drives, and cohesion in the secondary is what we will see improving weekly I hope

Rambo was hurt, an early casualty. Jordan should be the No.1 TE. You're right about everything. RG3 is steadily improving. Trouble is, the season might be three quarters over before we're
competitive. The bottom line is: RGIII needs to be all the way back (and running) before we starting beating the better teams. The Redskin team I saw today can't stop the pass or the run and will wind up 3 and 13, if that.

I honestly don't remember ever seeing a Redskin D worse than ours. It's not only an embarrassment for us but also for the league. Every running back who plays against us suddenly looks like a mix of Gayle Sayers, Jim Brown, and Bronco Nagurski. Every quarterback like Sammy Baugh.

last was last year but remember we came back without Rak and without a strong safety and without anyone back in the secondary for that matter. We got young guys that will get better.

We might not win the division but I have to say our defense will fair well. SP and offense is another topic but if they can get close we should rebound. Don't lose faith.

Postby Capital Punishment » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Is it time to get rid of the dad and son combo?

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Concise, logical, balanced, considered and observant. You must be in the wrong place.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:17 pm

So I posted in the gameday thread that the run/pass ratio was 22 runs to 50 passes. Someone responded this is normal when you're behind...but the Skins were never really behind in the game. The biggest deficit was 10 and that was only late. They basically abandoned the run way too early; too many cute passes on first down in the second half.

swine

Postby masterkwon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Well the good news is, unlike the past two weeks, the game wasn't over at half time and Bob3 didn't get all his stats during garbage time. The even better news is the play was much improved and there's no shame being beaten by a better team. This season was going to be a challenge anyway since back to back winning seasons doesn't happen often, or recently, around here, but Bob3 and his brace is clearly not what he was a year ago and he most likely won't be...at least not this year.

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:58 pm

I think we need to shake this team up and the most likely scenario is firing Haslett.

Reasons:

1) Our team, after 3 games has given up more yards than ANY team ever (which is a long time), except one team!!! That is totally unacceptable. You can blame Mike and Bruce for the DBs they picked, you can blame NOT having Jenkins and Jackson, or whatever...but this team has talent. Way too much to be this bad;

2) The team can't tackle...not one guy stinks at tackling, or two guys, but a big chunk of them. Who can be blamed for bad fundamentals?;

3) We have a quality guy on staff who can slide into the position -- Morris. He was a head coach and has the right personality for motivating our team. Our defense needs some fire.

4) His schemes stink...on one play, Kerrigan and Fletcher are covering (used loosely) WR Burleson -- who is running downfield for a 40 yard pass play. Why is Kerrigan in coverage? Why would anyone think Fletcher should be covering anyone?

Mike -- make the move...now is the time!!!!!!!!!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:25 pm

I had hoped raheem was replacing has when I heard he was coming to town... On that note, his group (dbs) is the worst on the field. So now I just don't know.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football