Post game Lions @ Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby oneman56 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Turnovers and the Aldrick play cost us the game. RG3's INT in the Lions territory cost us points as did his fumble and neither play should've happened, RG3 has to be better. Our offense and defense showed some improvement however we just aren't dynamic like we were last year offensively to cover up our porous D. Our tackling and coverage schemes are terrible. 3 man rushes inside our our own red zone giving QB's all day meanwhile we run zero coverages in other places where sometimes it doesn't make much sense either. Our tackling has to improve and Bowen and/or Golston (JJ when he gets back) need to play better, they are getting gashed in the run game and haven't put any QB pressures on passing downs that i've noticed. Hopefully Cofield's hand is close to recovered, I did see his fingers were free today. I'm at a loss, i really thought we'd win today and i'm demoralized right now. I was certain we'd be 2-2 at the bye and looking up. This year was the first year i've been really excited for continued success and it doesn't look like it'll happen. 0-3 and all 3 losses in the conference, not good. Here's to hoping something changes and pulls this team.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:04 pm

The fumble did one positive thing... the play served notice that RG3 is returning to form... that threat will serve to slow down the pass rush, and force DB's to keep an eye on 10... More downfield opportunities are likely to follow.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Countertrey wrote:The fumble did one positive thing... the play served notice that RG3 is returning to form... that threat will serve to slow down the pass rush, and force DB's to keep an eye on 10... More downfield opportunities are likely to follow.

I agree.
Our O was almost functioning smoothly. Since this is essentially preseason game 3 for Bob3 and we are seeing clear improvement it may be a bit early to throw in the towel.
The fundamental skill of tackling needs to be addressed and players (and phantoms) need to quit committing penalties. everything else will work itself out.
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:30 am

Countertrey wrote:The fumble did one positive thing... the play served notice that RG3 is returning to form... that threat will serve to slow down the pass rush, and force DB's to keep an eye on 10... More downfield opportunities are likely to follow.

+1

To add to that, it helped us fans calm down about whether or not RG3 learned his lesson from last year; he's gotten smarter and its getting down early. Now there's just a little practice with sliding feet first and we're golden.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:31 am

I have to congratulate those who are able to find a positive spin to this result and performance.

We lost to the Lions. In Washington. First time. Ever.

Yes, it was close. If a close defeat to the Lions (for the first time ever in DC) can be deemed as having any redeeming aspects, I can't see them. Did it ever really feel as though we were going to win the game? I can honestly say that, apart from when I thought Robinson had caught the go-ahead touchdown, I never had a positive feeling. No momentum, no control.

But, of course, Robinson didn't score the go-ahead touchdown. He fouled it up. The replays looked conclusive to me, and apparently there are still photos that reinforce the case against the catch. Robinson HAS to make that catch.

And RGIII, whilst looking as though he has managed to shake off some more of this rust we like to speak of, threw a poor interception and coughed up a bad fumble. It's not a positive sign for this team that RGIII may end up throwing for historic yardage this season.

I try to make a rule of not posting so soon after a loss. The emotion doesn't lend itself to rational thought. But I'm breaking that rule here, so I may as well say it now:

Congratulation to the Dallas Cowboys: NFC East champs for 2013/14.

All I've got left is reverse psychology.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:55 am

We're still only 2 games out of first, and the Giants suck even more than us.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:33 am

I can certainly understand all of the frustration...I'm frustrated too...considering the way the team finished the regular season last year I think we all expected the team to be much better than what we've seen so far...Yes, I expected RG3, and in turn, the rest of the offense to go through a break-in period, considering RG3 saw no playing time in the pre-season, but what I didn't expect is the D to play as poorly as they have. While not the best defensive unit last year, they were in the top 10 Ds, and considering our two best defensive players were out most of the year last year and are now back and healthy, who didn't expect our D to be better? This defense, to include Haslett, simply looks like they don't have a clue. I don't get it. Has the rest of the league's offenses completely changed their offenses, or did our entire defensive staff push memory erase during the offseason? I just don't get how a defensive unit goes from good to bad by adding better players. Makes no sense. THIS team, I'm sorry to say, will be lucky to end up 4-12...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:50 am

Countertrey wrote:The calls I found interesting were the "Defensive Line Blocking" call... and the Illegal procedure called on Bob on that very clear offsides. Both of those calls were made by Hoculli. It was clear at that point that Hoculli had a hard on for someone. In fact, it was obvious that two members of his team disagreed on that fantasy illegal procedure call, but Hoculli overruled them.

+1

Can you say "the fix was in?"
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:51 am

Countertrey wrote:The calls I found interesting were the "Defensive Line Blocking" call... and the Illegal procedure called on Bob on that very clear offsides. Both of those calls were made by Hoculli. It was clear at that point that Hoculli had a hard on for someone. In fact, it was obvious that two members of his team disagreed on that fantasy illegal procedure call, but Hoculli overruled them.

+1

Can you say "the fix was in?"

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:52 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:We'll be 0-5 going into the bye.

Seeing as we only play four games before the bye, I think you might be wrong on that prediction.

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:55 am

Deadskins wrote:

Seeing as we only play four games before the bye, I think you might be wrong on that prediction.

I'm not sure about his math but the Deadman is OK at arithmetic.

:whistle:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:02 am

Deadskins wrote:

Notice the correction a few posts later.

We'll be 0-5 after Dallas.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:06 am

grampi wrote:but what I didn't expect is the D to play as poorly as they have. While not the best defensive unit last year, they were in the top 10 Ds, and considering our two best defensive players were out most of the year last year and are now back and healthy, who didn't expect our D to be better?

Top 10? What do you mean? By any measurable statistic, the D was one of the worst in the league last year (22nd in points, 28th in yards). I was expecting them to be better, because its hard to be worse than where they were, but now not only are they worse...they're historically bad.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:09 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Notice the correction a few posts later.

We'll be 0-5 after Dallas.

I think you might be wrong on that prediction, too. We will win next week, and beat the Pies coming out of the bye.

And, I did notice that you were corrected by two others, but I respond as I read through the thread, not after I've read the whole thing.
Last edited by Deadskins on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:10 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I'm not sure about his math but the Deadman is OK at arithmetic. :whistle:

:lol: I noticed this too :lol:

looks like Burgundy&Wha? is the new dunce on this site :twisted:
Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football