Post game Lions @ Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:21 am

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:We'll be 0-5 going into the bye.

Seeing as we only play four games before the bye, I think you might be wrong on that prediction.

I'm not sure about his math but the Deadman is OK at arithmetic. :whistle:

:lol: I noticed this too :lol:

looks like Burgundy&Wha? is the new dunce on this site :twisted:

You wouldn't say that to my face, pal.

This team is showing nothing that says they can go out West and beat Oakland. Unfortunately, we will also make Dallas look better than they are. We'll be 0-5. If we aren't, I'll be happier -- to a small degree. (Of course, beating Dallas would always be great.) Unfortunately, this team can't block, it can't tackle. Fundamentals aren't things winning teams find themselves needing to focus on during the season. We aren't finishing out 10-3 or better. Not with this level of execution.

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:29 am

10-3 to go 10-6? Shoot, in this division 7-9 may be enough.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:37 am

ACW wrote:10-3 to go 10-6? Shoot, in this division 7-9 may be enough.

You may be right. :)

It doesn't help our situation, but it does make me feel a little better seeing the Gints implode. Hell, even the Falcons are 1-2.

I honestly think our team needs a dose of Marty Schottenheimer right now. Get tough, real quick.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:56 am

Just awful all the way around. No excuses. Just awful. Our offense had the 2 costly turnovers, too many missed opportunities by going 3 & out, and our defense was still our defense. 0-4 at the bye seems to look more and more like a real possibility.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:34 am

Instead of just complaining about the team I would think that the bye week couldn't come at a better time. Getting more of a cohesion on offense and in the defensive backfield is something that really needs to be fixed.

WR's really need to work on getting off coverage. The young guys really need to learn how to sit down in zone coverage instead of running through it. Can't say much about the RBs and RG3 just needs to continue to have faith around the play that's called and execute it. Not to mention, when the play is dead - MOVE ON.

Defense - This isn't difficult. Make the damn tackle. I've seen fan's/heard fans call out the coaches. I've seen fans call for firing coaches but the biggest issue is the players not tackling. Coaches are putting the players in position to make plays but the players are not executing. I don't know if they need to start a fine system or something between players but this is getting to be a consistent problem.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:59 am

frankcal20 wrote:Instead of just complaining about the team I would think that the bye week couldn't come at a better time. Getting more of a cohesion on offense and in the defensive backfield is something that really needs to be fixed.

WR's really need to work on getting off coverage. The young guys really need to learn how to sit down in zone coverage instead of running through it. Can't say much about the RBs and RG3 just needs to continue to have faith around the play that's called and execute it. Not to mention, when the play is dead - MOVE ON.

Defense - This isn't difficult. Make the damn tackle. I've seen fan's/heard fans call out the coaches. I've seen fans call for firing coaches but the biggest issue is the players not tackling. Coaches are putting the players in position to make plays but the players are not executing. I don't know if they need to start a fine system or something between players but this is getting to be a consistent problem.

some fans here just have to find fault - nothing will change that with these guys :twisted:

we do have issues but we still have RG3 and he's a special talent

there is nothing to be gained by getting rid of players or coaches - everyone here just needs to do their own jobs better than they have ...

despite what the site dunce and his mates are predicting, I look for the team to get a win in Oakland this week ... :twisted:

losing that game was disappointing ... still ... there were a lot of good things and a lot to learn from
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:04 am

What is crazy that the Skins can't trade Fred Davis at all. Reed sure looks good in our offense and while I think Fred is a hell of a talent, coaches just don't seem to consider him an asset to the team. Hopefully we can move him for someone's safety/corner or maybe a 5-6th round draft pick.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:10 am

I think 1-2 right now is a wildcard in the NFC.

:shock:

The D did enough if the offense does not aim at its own foot and hit it time and again.

The phantom hold on Fletch was big. A stop became a TD.

The pick was big. The fumble was bigger. That's 2 scoring opportunities eliminated.

The TD drop was huge. The lead, the crowd, and Uncle Mo were taken away.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:13 am

What the hell was up with that BS false start call on Griffin?

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:17 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:What the hell was up with that BS false start call on Griffin?

Back judge over ruled at least 2 other guys. I've seen many others do what Griff did PLUS lift their knee with no call. Peyton Manning will do it 5 times in the 1st quarter tonight.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:25 am

ref that false start call by Hoculi ...
DarthMonk wrote:Back judge over ruled at least 2 other guys. I've seen many others do what Griff did PLUS lift their knee with no call. Peyton Manning will do it 5 times in the 1st quarter tonight.

+1 - this is just another example of a ref making a call that he could just as easily not call ... I don't know why these refs do this so often - there are a lot of calls they could make and don't ... and then they'll do something like that call ... I think the coaches get on them and ask them to look for stuff ... I saw a lot of missed holding calls that they could have called on both sides

I used to think that Hoculi was a good/fair ref ... not so much after that game
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 am

I think we have reason for optimism! Our qb finally looked good with his legs. He made some costly mistakes with his legs (fumble) arm (forcing a pass interception). But it was good for him, because he will make sure that rarely happens again. The defensive backs looked better (started pretty low in the begging of the season), the D-Line didn't look good the entire game though. I think we will go 1-3 after the bye, which I predicted before the Lions game. I feel comfortable we will be strong after the bye. On the bright side!! the NFC East isn't that great so its not like were behind the 8 ball.

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:43 am

I read an article this morning that suggested the Redskins were running on a flat tire. I think there must be 2 flat tires, one defense and one on offense.

Hog

Postby gushogs » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:17 am

Please don´t leave the special teams out of your flat tires equation...
Another rebuilding year, how many have we had recently?
HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:37 am

gushogs wrote:Please don´t leave the special teams out of your flat tires equation...
Another rebuilding year, how many have we had recently?
HaiL,

the return game has been just absolutely terrible, both punt and kick off. All 3 aspects are just bad right now, no way to sugar coat it.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football