Redskins do it again. Game Day Thread vs. Lions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Snout wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:Time to hit the Panic Button! :idea:
Why?

Well, we have no effective defense. CLL tried to lecture me last week that the defense is struggling because the offense cannot get anything going, but this week's results show that just isn't true. We won the time of possession battle this week, but we still gave up too many points, too many yards.

0-3 is a big hole, especially when two of those losses were at home against teams we were supposed to beat.

But hey, CLL says I don't know sh*t, and I hope he's right.

Both the defense and offense made huge strides today. They both played a whole lot better then last game. We played a very close game to a very good team. That is something. It should serve as a confidence builder going forward.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:11 pm

That pretty much does it for the season I would think. Hopefully Robert and the othef young guys can learn from this. The cap hit and mistakes from the past caused this team to be weak. Very frustrating, I thiught they had turned the corner but clearly not. Probably will take a regime change to make anything better.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Countertrey wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:Time to hit the Panic Button! :idea:
Why?

:lol: some fans here just have to be pessimistic - they just can't even see what's going on in front of them

we're not playing very well but we're even with the giants in the NFC EAST and the eagles do not have a chance - things are only 'bad' to those that want it to be :lol:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:20 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:I disagree as far as a sense of urgency is concerned. I saw our team fight today. I know you seen it too. They did not give up either. So that tells me they still have heart.

Obviously from here on out its one game at a time. Win next week and get to the bye.

I should have worded it better. I should have said they should play like we are 10 points behind from the get go. That doesn't mean dont run or throw a screen or short pass but look deep to open up a running lane. Wear them out with the ground after that. You have to build a lead early this year. It is evident me that they really don't want to run Robert.

I saw a huge improvement today. We tackled much better even though there is much work to do there as well.

We gave our defense a rest for once. Bid deal to me and them.

Hank is proving to be somewhat reliable.

Lots of good things happened today.

They got to jump ahead early by 14 or atleast 10 points.

I have no idea for sure. Just a fan and thank God I'm not in charge.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Yeah I agree with all your points.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:35 am

cleg wrote:That pretty much does it for the season I would think. Hopefully Robert and the othef young guys can learn from this. The cap hit and mistakes from the past caused this team to be weak. Very frustrating, I thiught they had turned the corner but clearly not. Probably will take a regime change to make anything better.

I just love this crap. Four weeks ago we had an entire thread of people predicting a 16-0 season. Unable to imagine that we could possibly lose a couple games. lol.

Personally I don't understand this type of fandom. Pretty much does it for the season??? We're two games behind the first place team in our division. If the Cowboys lose to the Chargers this weekend and we beat the Raiders, we are ONE game behind the first place team in the division.

There is a lot of football left to be played, and I plan to enjoy watching my team.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:17 pm

I don't know why it surprises you, we heard the same thing last year, much later into the season, when we still hadn't played a divisional game.

We lost to the Smeagols already, but I think everyone realizes that was more on us, than them being great. We still have five divisional games left. I'm not worried yet.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Deadskins wrote:I don't know why it surprises you, we heard the same thing last year, much later into the season, when we still hadn't played a divisional game.

We lost to the Smeagols already, but I think everyone realizes that was more on us, than them being great. We still have five divisional games left. I'm not worried yet.

Yeah not surprised, but it never fails to be irritating. Its always feast or famine here. We're either going to be 16-0, super bowl contenders or we suck and will likely never win another game this season.

I'm not psyched about being 0-3, but good grief. Take a look at the NFC standings. 11 of 16 teams are 1-2 or worse right now. There's time to turn this thing around!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football