DeAngelo Hall Appreciation Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

DeAngelo Hall Appreciation Thread

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:45 am

This is why you keep this type of guy on the team for tough times like this. He ACTUALLY is one of the only guys on defense that makes plays and give you his heart on gameday.

Ill roll with the bad because to me his positive outweighs the negatives. Pretty much have had no good safety play while he has been here.

This thread is for fans that appreciate Hall.

piglet

Postby Alberich » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:46 am

"This thread is for fans that appreciate Hall."

this post has been up for 2 hours. I am the first to respond.

Shows the love fans have for Hall.

FYI Hall is trash. He shows up once every 4 weeks. He gets torched by WRs weekly.

This team would be served well to bounce him off the books.

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:15 am

I think Dan Steinberg says it best.
Best Playmaker: How does DeAngelo Hall do it? He is maligned again and again, often for good reason, and yet he manages to score like three touchdowns a year. His 17-yard interception return for a touchdown in the first quarter on Sunday gave him two touchdowns in three games. At that point, he was the only Redskins player — on either side of the ball — to have scored a first-half touchdown this season. (He actually only has eight touchdowns in his career, but it sure feels like more. He and Ronde Barber are now the only players in NFL history with at least four interception returns and four fumble returns for touchdowns.)
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:38 am

ACW wrote:I think Dan Steinberg says it best.
Best Playmaker: How does DeAngelo Hall do it? He is maligned again and again, often for good reason, and yet he manages to score like three touchdowns a year. His 17-yard interception return for a touchdown in the first quarter on Sunday gave him two touchdowns in three games. At that point, he was the only Redskins player — on either side of the ball — to have scored a first-half touchdown this season. (He actually only has eight touchdowns in his career, but it sure feels like more. He and Ronde Barber are now the only players in NFL history with at least four interception returns and four fumble returns for touchdowns.)

lol. I found it especially fitting for Hall to get that pick-6 after reading idiot after idiot post on here last week about how terrible he is.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:07 pm

I laughed when I saw this thread after all the "Cut D Hall" stuff.

Personally, I'm up and down about him. Cutting him would be foolish.

My frustration with him is that he excels in covering the best receivers in the league, but then he backs off a bit on the "lesser" receivers. Just my opinion.

That said, I'm still grateful to have him with us.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Alberich wrote:"This thread is for fans that appreciate Hall."

Most fans won't/don't praise DHall.... most of those fans have mixed emotions about his play, personality and for a time his pay.

Alberich wrote:this post has been up for 2 hours. I am the first to respond.

Shows the love fans have for Hall.

See what I posted above .... :roll:

Alberich wrote:FYI Hall is trash.

FYI those of us that don't/won't readily praise Hall, we will defend him (might explain the activity after a thoughtless post with no support to back it up versus a post simply giving a player some props for doing something specific ... wouldn't it?).

BUT generally we have to wait for someone to come trolling around and post something that falls into the stupid category.

Alberich wrote:He shows up once every 4 weeks. He gets torched by WRs weekly.

This is a case in point...

You're saying he shows up once every four weeks... following the second game that that he has had a turnover turn into six in a season that's only three weeks old. At worst that's only every other week, at this point every other week wouldn't be a viable statement for another month and a half considering the bye week.

Trolling may take you many places but I doubt it allows you to see the future... What sense would that make??? Ya"ll don't understand the present and constantly fail at distorting the past.

Alberich wrote:This team would be served well to bounce him off the books.
:roll:

Another blanket statement thrown out there to cover up another act of stupidity.

Bounce him and replace him with who or what?

Not only his play on the field (100% of the defensive scoring for this season... half the fumble recoveries and all of the interceptions) and the need to play for the same money Hall is playing for ($1.25M).

:arrow: It shouldn't take you anymore than 2 hours defend your post considering you "waited 2 hours" to post the total opposite of what the OP stated it was about.

One more thing

HTTR
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Answer me this. I don't get to see many games because I live in Mississippi, have crappy internet, and cannot afford Sunday Ticket. Plus, I manage a Christian Retreat Center, and often have groups at the facility, so I don't get to see many games. I see lots of positive comments about Amerson. Makes a few mistakes, but for the most part, seems to be doing a decent job for a Rook. Is he playing well enough for us to start him and move Hall to Safety? Many on this site seem to think that Hall would excel as a Safety. Would the drop off from Hall to Amerson be to great to try that move? By the way, the troll that has been posting here and on other threads need not reply, because I don't give a rat's behind what a troll thinks. Thanks!

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:27 pm

I don't mind D Hall. He's not a solid cover guy, but he's good when he has the freedom to be aggressive and try to jump routes. Unfortunately, aggressive, risk-taking, ball-hawking corners need good safety help and our safeties are god-awful.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Mississippi Hog wrote:Answer me this. I don't get to see many games because I live in Mississippi, have crappy internet, and cannot afford Sunday Ticket. Plus, I manage a Christian Retreat Center, and often have groups at the facility, so I don't get to see many games. I see lots of positive comments about Amerson. Makes a few mistakes, but for the most part, seems to be doing a decent job for a Rook. Is he playing well enough for us to start him and move Hall to Safety? Many on this site seem to think that Hall would excel as a Safety. Would the drop off from Hall to Amerson be to great to try that move? By the way, the troll that has been posting here and on other threads need not reply, because I don't give a rat's behind what a troll thinks. Thanks!

I personally like what I see with Amerson...for a rookie corner. He makes mistakes like all the rest of them, but he will be a great one after two seasons IMHO. He's getting better every week. Rookie consistency is what is currently plaguing him, but its no worse than the others from my view point.

He's not ready to take Hall's role, am I'm not so sure if Hall would do good at Safety. Just a guess so take that for a grain of salt.

I think Amerson is going to give us many years of great coverage. His size is a great asset.

To sum it up, he's a little raw, but he has the "fire". Expect to hear more about him as he progresses.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:10 pm

I do appreciate Hall. Ive said it many times. He has his good and bad moments but mostly good.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Alberich wrote:this post has been up for 2 hours.

You're as good at math as you are at football analysis.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:08 pm

ACW wrote:I think Dan Steinberg says it best.

He had another against Dallas on Thanksgiving last year, but he gave himself up at the one so we could take a knee and run out the clock.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm always defending hall on here.. he is a Damn good corner and the majority of the plays he is "burned" on, a safety is out of position. True life.
Everyone gets beat so I expect him to lose a couple battles making my assessment of his play a little less judgmental. He also routinely takes on top notch receivers and does very well for the most part. I wish we could utilize his skillset w better supporting players.. I think Wed see days like the bears game (5 picks?) More often.
He shut down Dez in the NFC east championship last year.. that alone makes my heart sing his praise with appreciation! Lmao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:10 am

I've seen worse. Especially on this team.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:01 am

Deadskins wrote:
Alberich wrote:this post has been up for 2 hours.

You're as good at math as you are at football analysis.

ROTFALMAO
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football