Redskins start 0 and 3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Can we at least wait until the bye week before we start the sky is falling BS? Yes our D sucks and our O hasn't been much better. But let's wait until the bye before we start wanting to fire people.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:46 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:^^Wow you make your feeling known on a message board and all of a sudden it's whining? I have whined since we hired that hack Haslett. Robinson dropping a sure TD or RG 0-3 has nothing to do with a defense that now is in the record books for the most yardage given up in 3 games. The offense also has nothing to do with a defense that seems like they have little to no cares about how terrible they look, especially when you have Josh Wison saying it's not about yards it's about wins and losses. I mean I may have just fell off the turnip truck but you have a better chance at winning a game when you limit yards, which limits first downs and often scores. But that's only my thought.

Yards don't mean jack squat. Points are all that matter.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:57 am

Well for all that think that points only matter have a mouth full of this stat:

In the past decade Hasletts defense has been ranked:27th, 28th, 28th, 31st 31st 21st 21st 22nd and 28th in points allowed. I guess this is acceptable...... :shock: ;furious;

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:43 am

It's not acceptale. But firing him won't magically fix the team.

Hog

Postby gushogs » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:23 am

Can anybody remember the coaching carrousel we had a couple of years back???
New coach, new system, learning curves..., I'm tired of "rebuilding years". Football is a game of inches, a couple of tweeks and we are back in business.
HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:48 am

gushogs wrote:Can anybody remember the coaching carrousel we had a couple of years back???
New coach, new system, learning curves..., I'm tired of "rebuilding years". Football is a game of inches, a couple of tweeks and we are back in business.
HaiL,

No one is saying to revert to the coaching carrousel but why keep a coach that sucks? and has consistently ranked 28th -31 for defense??

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:59 am

Deadskins wrote:Yards don't mean jack squat. Points are all that matter.

I don't think you believe this. What's more valuable, a play that generates 99 yards of offense but doesn't score, or the 1-yard run that gets you 6 points? It's simplistic and unrealistic to say the 99-yard play doesn't mean anything.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:14 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

I don't think you believe this. What's more valuable, a play that generates 99 yards of offense but doesn't score, or the 1-yard run that gets you 6 points? It's simplistic and unrealistic to say the 99-yard play doesn't mean anything.

Irn-Bru I know I have been called stupid on here and been given the reason that Mike Shanahan and Jim Haslett know more about football than me. But to me common sense will always be right. This past Sunday's game is proof, you supposedly have a game plan to STOP THE RUN! You decide to have this game plan with a PASS FIRST OFFENSE!! That had to be the dumbest defensive setup in NFL history, the problem Sunday and every game is the corners are giving too much cushion and not pressing at the line of scrimmage, this allows time after time QB's to just throw quick slants to wide open receivers and when you have poor tackling this only makes it worse. On top of that the back is consistently coming uncovered out of the backfield wide open with not a defender within 5 yds of him???? I mean come on it's 11 on 11 and you know the 5 lineman aren't eligible receivers so there shouldn't be anyone running free/wide open... But hey what do I know Jim Haslett knows more than I do and that's why he is the DC, regardless if that is a GLARING MISTAKE or not!!! :moon:

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:24 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Can we at least wait until the bye week before we start the sky is falling BS? Yes our D sucks and our O hasn't been much better. But let's wait until the bye before we start wanting to fire people.

Based on what we have seen thus far, I don't think it's necessary to wait until the bye week.

We have the worst D in the league and perhaps in the history of the NFL. Not much more you need to say about that. It LITERALLY doesn't get any worse than what we have now.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/capi ... -Ever.html

Meanwhile our offense lacks big play ability, has tons of penalties, poorly executes, can't sustain drives, and rarely scores. The only bright spot is our running game --- that we can't use because we are always down due to our D and defenses aren't afraid of getting burned via downfield passes (since our all-pro QB doesn't appear able to complete passes over 15 yards --- and the one dropped bomb doesn't count). On top of this, RGIII has made clear he's still afraid and hasn't fully recovered from injury.

Honestly, it doesn't get much worse when you look at where we were last season.

Being the patient person I am, I wouldn't fire Haslett just yet ---- especially since there are personnel issues. Thankfully, the cap penalty has been lifted and our GM can get a couple guys via FA in the offseason. But the unfortunete fact is that we are VERY likely to be 1-6 by November --- and regardless of the fact we only have a total of 2 solid defensive players outside of the LB position, I think a change at DC is necessary.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:19 pm

If we beat the Raiders and then the Cowgirls, we'd be sitting at 2-3. Our schedule doesn't get any easier I know, but firing Haslett is not going to make any difference one way or the other.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:^^Wow you make your feeling known on a message board and all of a sudden it's whining?

Whining is whining. Not sure why you think typing this stuff makes it sound any less whiny.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:39 pm

DaSkinz Baby...

I respect your opinion on the matter but don't fret it just yet champ, we have a lot of football left and even if it was luck last year we did make a good run after starting off with a bad record. I myself won't say anything yet because it's only 3 games and yes I agree that we have regressed but as fans we can only hope things will turn around. I'm not gonna say fire Haslett just yet because last year's defense was horrible too but they did manage to play better down the stretch. My ONLY beef is that we had a top 5 defense with the 4-3 and then we switched to 3-4. We do need better talent on defense as a whole but given our salary cap restrictions it was probably easier to say it than to actually do it.

With all our past failures I can understand the feeling of gloom but let's just say we should be "stronger" for it and keep the hope alive. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:22 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Well for all that think that points only matter have a mouth full of this stat:

In the past decade Hasletts defense has been ranked:27th, 28th, 28th, 31st 31st 21st 21st 22nd and 28th in points allowed. I guess this is acceptable...... :shock: ;furious;

So, to show that points aren't what matters, you list stats about points?

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

But the 99 yard play doesn't mean anything without the play that scores. But we were talking defenses, and you know that. I don't care how many yards our D gives up, as long as the other team doesn't put points on the board.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:56 pm

we have players that can play better and coaches that can do their jobs better

the record is 0-3 and we DO look terrible ... but - THE FACT IS:

the players we have right now on both offense and defense

AND

the coaches we have right now

need to do their jobs better

not long ago there was no way we could have said that we have the players or that we have the coaches

this team is basically 'better' than last year - we need to see that on the field, each and every Sunday

nobody is doing their job as well or better than they did last year - NOBODY

This team is NOT playing to it's potential

despite the doomsayers - this is a good team that is NOT playing well or being coached/prepared to play better than we've seen

THAT is all that needs to change

HTTR
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football