Rambo Benched

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:40 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Per Bruce on Sirius NFL radio, he would say he has the final say. Sorry if there's gonna be a riff but that came down at the Senior Bowl. Basically was said that it's a full team affair and that he's in charge of making the call to the guys at the draft. Take it for what it is but sounds like he has final say. In the end, they both have to come to an agreement on a player. Plain and simple.

I'm sorry but too many people have reported that Shanny has it in his contract that he has final say on personnel and in fact during his first press conference with the Skins the media asked him if he or Allen had final say and when pressed he said he does.

Shanny has final say with respect to personnel!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:49 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote: ... I think that maybe if the players respected him and actually "wanted" to play for him then maybe there would be some merit. Seems to me a defensive coordinator not only puts people in a p......

There is no way that players "want" or "do not want" to play for a coach - they are paid to play and play at 100% or they will not be a part of any team

coaches prepare players and the players execute the game plan - coaches are not responsible for players that do not make tackles when the game plan put them in position the players have to make the tackle
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:48 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote: ... I think that maybe if the players respected him and actually "wanted" to play for him then maybe there would be some merit. Seems to me a defensive coordinator not only puts people in a p......

There is no way that players "want" or "do not want" to play for a coach - they are paid to play and play at 100% or they will not be a part of any teamcoaches prepare players and the players execute the game plan - coaches are not responsible for players that do not make tackles when the game plan put them in position the players have to make the tackle

Have you ever played team sports at any level? This happens all the time and I can guarantee you it happens at the professional level. Look around the league every year and you'll hear it. The Panthers offensive players right now are speaking about how much happier they are playing for their new offensive coordinator. Don't kid yourself dude. Players will still go out and do their job if their unhappy but players go all out for coaches they respect. Gibbs 1.0 should've taught you that.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:12 pm

SkinsJock wrote:There is no way that players "want" or "do not want" to play for a coach - they are paid to play and play at 100% or they will not be a part of any team

Like oneman said, "happens all the time."
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:55 pm

oneman56 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

There is no way that players "want" or "do not want" to play for a coach - they are paid to play and play at 100% or they will not be a part of any teamcoaches prepare players and the players execute the game plan - coaches are not responsible for players that do not make tackles when the game plan put them in position the players have to make the tackle

Have you ever played team sports at any level? This happens all the time and I can guarantee you it happens at the professional level. Look around the league every year and you'll hear it. The Panthers offensive players right now are speaking about how much happier they are playing for their new offensive coordinator. Don't kid yourself dude. Players will still go out and do their job if their unhappy but players go all out for coaches they respect. Gibbs 1.0 should've taught you that.

I agree 100%

Skinsjock must live in a fantasy world were Karl Marx was considered a progressive thinker that everyone wants to follow.

In team sports, even at the professional level, are almost as much about a coaches ability to motivate a player as it is about his ability out him in the correct scheme.

Football is such an emotional sport that if hate the guy you play for or don't respect him you won't play up to your potential.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:50 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:Skinsjock must live in a fantasy world were Karl Marx was considered a progressive thinker that everyone wants to follow.

In team sports, even at the professional level, are almost as much about a coaches ability to motivate a player as it is about his ability out him in the correct scheme.

Football is such an emotional sport that if hate the guy you play for or don't respect him you won't play up to your potential.

I believe you just hit the nail on the head sir.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:01 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:Skinsjock must live in a fantasy world were Karl Marx was considered a progressive thinker that everyone wants to follow.

I believe you just hit the nail on the head sir.

Yes he did...

skinsfan#33 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Per Bruce on Sirius NFL radio, he would say he has the final say. Sorry if there's gonna be a riff but that came down at the Senior Bowl. Basically was said that it's a full team affair and that he's in charge of making the call to the guys at the draft. Take it for what it is but sounds like he has final say. In the end, they both have to come to an agreement on a player. Plain and simple.

I'm sorry but too many people have reported that Shanny has it in his contract that he has final say on personnel and in fact during his first press conference with the Skins the media asked him if he or Allen had final say and when pressed he said he does.

Shanny has final say with respect to personnel!

Twice
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:00 pm

oneman56 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

Thank you nice to know I am not alone with the reality of team sports.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football