tribeofjudah's Bible study

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:39 pm

That's actually pretty funny. "No no, the Pope doesn't speak for the Catholic church."

Cappster wrote:Just one more reason why religion is a sham.

Your comment shows you still don't grasp the concept of there being a difference between religion, and religious institutions.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Long time no POST. Hello Again Friends.

Did you know the USA is prophesied in the Bible.
I love this Country, but sadly, it will turn into the "Beast" told of in Revelations 13:11

History Recap:

As the Beast was wounded (pope was captured by Gen. Berthier and put in prison in France), during this same time period or century, another Beast was coming out of the earth (USA was being formed at this time)

Remember Rome's power was waning and going down while the USA was just beginning to become a nation.

Notice how this 2nd "beast" give homage to the 1st "beast"

New Century Version (NCV)

11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 This beast stands before the first beast and uses the same power the first beast has. By this power it makes everyone living on earth worship the first beast, who had the death wound that was healed. 13 And the second beast does great miracles so that it even makes fire come down from heaven to earth while people are watching. 14 It fools those who live on earth by the miracles it has been given the power to do. It does these miracles to serve the first beast. The second beast orders people to make an idol to honor the first beast, the one that was wounded by the deadly sword but sprang to life again. 15 The second beast was given power to give life to the idol of the first one so that the idol could speak. And the second beast was given power to command all who will not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 The second beast also forced all people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to have a mark on their right hand or on their forehead. 17 No one could buy or sell without this mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18 This takes wisdom. Let the one who has understanding find the meaning of the number, which is the number of a person. Its number is 666.[a]
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:49 am

I think Revelations is (1) poetry. Hard to follow the metaphor, and (2) written against the Roman Empire but disguised because the Romans crucified anyone who opposed their rule.

Only Roman authorities could crucify someone, and they reserved it for people who tried to overthrow the Empire.
Last edited by welch on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:51 am

On the Pope: John XXIII said something like, "I'm only infallible when I speak ex cathdra, and I never speak ex-cathdra", where "ex cathdra" means, roughly, "from the chair of the Pope. "

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:13 am

GOD RULES !

Who else could create sharks that I just watched for a week on shark week.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:55 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Long time no POST. Hello Again Friends.

Did you know the USA is prophesied in the Bible.
I love this Country, but sadly, it will turn into the "Beast" told of in Revelations 13:11

History Recap:

As the Beast was wounded (pope was captured by Gen. Berthier and put in prison in France), during this same time period or century, another Beast was coming out of the earth (USA was being formed at this time)

Remember Rome's power was waning and going down while the USA was just beginning to become a nation.

Notice how this 2nd "beast" give homage to the 1st "beast"

11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 This beast stands before the first beast and uses the same power the first beast has. By this power it makes everyone living on earth worship the first beast, who had the death wound that was healed. 13 And the second beast does great miracles so that it even makes fire come down from heaven to earth while people are watching. 14 It fools those who live on earth by the miracles it has been given the power to do. It does these miracles to serve the first beast. The second beast orders people to make an idol to honor the first beast, the one that was wounded by the deadly sword but sprang to life again. 15 The second beast was given power to give life to the idol of the first one so that the idol could speak. And the second beast was given power to command all who will not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 The second beast also forced all people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to have a mark on their right hand or on their forehead. 17 No one could buy or sell without this mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18 This takes wisdom. Let the one who has understanding find the meaning of the number, which is the number of a person. Its number is 666.[a]

ROTFALMAO

Some snippets of another person's take:

4 big myths of Book of Revelation

1. It’s about the end of the world

Anyone who has read the popular “Left Behind” novels or listened to pastors preaching about the “rapture” might see Revelation as a blow-by-blow preview of how the world will end.

Pagels, however, says the writer of Revelation was actually describing the way his own world ended.

2. The numerals 666 stand for the devil

The 1976 horror film “The Omen” scared a lot of folks. It may have scared some theologians, too, who began encountering people whose view of Revelation comes from a Hollywood movie.

“The Omen” depicted the birth and rise of the “anti-Christ,” the cunning son of Satan who would be known by “the mark of the beast,” 666, on his body.

Pagels, however, says the writer of Revelation didn’t really intend 666 as the devil’s digits. He was describing another incarnation of evil: The Roman emperor, Nero.

But the author of Revelation couldn’t safely name Nero, so he used the Jewish numerology system to spell out Nero’s imperial name, Pagels says.

3. The writer of Revelation was a Christian

The author of Revelation hated Rome, but he also scorned another group – a group of people we would call Christians today, Pagels says.

There’s a common perception that there was a golden age of Christianity, when most Christians agreed on an uncontaminated version of the faith. Yet there was never one agreed-upon Christianity. There were always clashing visions.

Revelation reflects some of those early clashes in the church, Pagels says.

That idea isn’t new territory for Pagels. She won the National Book Award for “The Gnostic Gospels,” a 1979 book that examined a cache of newly discovered “secret” gospels of Jesus. The book, along with other work from Pagels, argues that there were other accounts of Jesus’ life that were suppressed by early church leaders because it didn’t fit with their agenda.

The author of Revelation was like an activist crusading for traditional values. In his case, he was a devout Jew who saw Jesus as the messiah. But he didn’t like the message that the apostle Paul and other followers of Jesus were preaching.

4. There is only one Book of Revelation

There’s no other book in the Bible quite like Revelation, but there are plenty of books like Revelation that didn’t make it into the Bible, Pagels says.

Early church leaders suppressed an “astonishing” range of books that claimed to be revelations from apostles such as Peter and James. Many of these books were read and treasured by Christians throughout the Roman Empire, she says.

There was even another “Secret Revelation of John.” In this one, Jesus wasn’t a divine warrior, but someone who first appeared to the apostle Paul as a blazing light, then as a child, an old man and, some scholars say, a woman.

So why did the revelation from John of Patmos make it into the Bible, but not the others?

Pagels traces that decision largely to Bishop Athanasius, a pugnacious church leader who championed Revelation about 360 years after the death of Jesus.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:50 pm

I have a true disdain for the book of revelations as it is a perfect setup for self fulfilling prophecies. That and the "rapture" where all of the good little Christians go to heaven and leave us evil people behind on Earth. They are rather disturbing concepts that do harm and no good.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:49 pm

HERE'S A SHOCKER FOR SOME OF YOU:

God Loves US humans just as much as He loves Jesus His Son.

John 17:23

23 I will be in them and you will be in me so that they will be completely one. Then the world will know that you sent me and that you loved them just as much as you loved me.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Why shouldn't He? Jesus was human too.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:48 am

Deadskins wrote:Why shouldn't He? Jesus was human too.

He was the Son of God first........who chose to become "sin" for us. Died as a man that WE MAY LIVE.

It's a mystery which you and I can never fathom UNTIL we receive the rewards of the Kingdom. Then all things shall be revealed.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:47 pm

^^^ serious question:

Does god love a child of rape or incest just as much as he loves other children. I'm asking because a lot of people oppose abortion on the grounds of a soul existing at conception yet make an exception for rape or incest ... which makes no sense to me.

Just asking ... :?:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:59 pm

DarthMonk wrote:^^^ serious question:

Does god love a child of rape or incest just as much as he loves other children. I'm asking because a lot of people oppose abortion on the grounds of a soul existing at conception yet make an exception for rape or incest ... which makes no sense to me.

Here we go...........YES. All life is precious in the sight of the LORD.
Sin may have caused the rape, but LIFE is a gift from God.

God don't make NO MISTAKES........!!!! Man, Sinful men (and women) make mistakes.

Give birth and put them up for adoption. Someone will love and care for that child.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:58 am

tribeofjudah wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:^^^ serious question:

Here we go...........YES. All life is precious in the sight of the LORD.
Sin may have caused the rape, but LIFE is a gift from God.

God don't make NO MISTAKES........!!!! Man, Sinful men (and women) make mistakes.

Give birth and put them up for adoption. Someone will love and care for that child.

If god views each life as precious, then why does he let so many of his children starve? Why does he let so many go through pain and misery? Why does he take sons from mothers and fathers from daughters? Why does this wicked being allow for children to be created with deformities? And saying "god don't make no mistakes" actually infers that he does make mistakes. Much like the mistake of letting a bunch of primitive, homophobic, pro-slavery, and murderous beings to write his book.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:46 pm

so many questions to ask Cappo, i totally understand bro
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:49 am

"To get good people to do evil things you need religion"

- Christopher Hitchens
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Return to The Lounge