We are like a circus show right now

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:23 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I do not think for a second that Griffin is fully "physically fine". If he was, there would be no need for a knee brace. He's getting there, but not there yet.

Precautionary. Same reason Tom Brady still wears a knee brace for an injury that happen last decade.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:33 pm

riggofan wrote:I still think its insane to believe any athlete is going to be completely back to normal this soon after major knee surgery.

I don't think 100% healthy and completely back to normal are the same thing. Santana Moss was completely healthy for years but came in 15-20 lbs over weight. The las two seasons he has come into camp lighter and he has looked like his old self.

Jon Jansen may have gotten back to 100% health but he was never the same player after his achelies rupture.

Jarvis Jenkins took half of the season last year to resemble the rookie that the Skins had prior to his knee injury the first day of his first training camp.

Adrian Peterson was a COMPLETELY different player the last 10 games of last year than he was the first six.

You can be 100% healthy and still not completely back to where you were. Hell i'm 100% healthy (as far as I know) and no where close to what I once was.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:43 pm

riggofan wrote:"Bah!! He's just wearing that knee brace for comfort! Bah bah bah!"

I still think its insane to believe any athlete is going to be completely back to normal this soon after major knee surgery. But I will say I thought RGIII looked much more like his old self last week vs. the Lions. Maybe just a mental/confidence thing playing his third game. People can doubt all they want, but I think he's going to break out soon.

No one said that, and you know it. You even acknowledge that despite the brace, he's returning to form, and the cause of his early struggles was more mental than physical. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:03 pm

And the Redskins haven't been a circus for the last part of a decade? :lol:

Griffin looked a lot closer to the RGIII of last year. His knee might still be bothering him but I think later on in the season when he trusts it more we'll see more consistent playing from him.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Mental/physical, what's the difference? It's obvious Griffin is not playing 100%. Returning to form? Sure, seems slowly but surely he's getting there. But he's not even close to how good he was last year. Anyone who believes that is kidding themselves.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:08 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:"Bah!! He's just wearing that knee brace for comfort! Bah bah bah!"

I still think its insane to believe any athlete is going to be completely back to normal this soon after major knee surgery. But I will say I thought RGIII looked much more like his old self last week vs. the Lions. Maybe just a mental/confidence thing playing his third game. People can doubt all they want, but I think he's going to break out soon.

No one said that, and you know it. You even acknowledge that despite the brace, he's returning to form, and the cause of his early struggles was more mental than physical. :roll:

I have no idea what the cause of his early struggles were, so I'm certainly not acknowledging anything. I know exactly what posters on here said though about the knee brace not indicating anything and "just being a precaution". Its funny how quiet you guys are now that Pierre Garcon is out there talking about the knee.

"Robert obviously can't run as fast as he did last year because of his knee brace and his knee," Garcon told ESPN980 Radio on Tuesday.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:17 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I have no idea what the cause of his early struggles were, so I'm certainly not acknowledging anything. I know exactly what posters on here said though about the knee brace not indicating anything and "just being a precaution". Its funny how quiet you guys are now that Pierre Garcon is out there talking about the knee.

"Robert obviously can't run as fast as he did last year because of his knee brace and his knee," Garcon told ESPN980 Radio on Tuesday.

My opinion hasn't changed one iota, nor have I been silent in voicing it. And Pierre's comments have nothing to do with why he's wearing the brace, which is what the discussion was about to begin with.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:17 am

:roll: kind of funny how some here have selective memory and can 'interpret' posts to suit their own agenda :lol:

we all have our opinions about RG3 - I'm just waiting to see him show those that are making "stuff" up about the knee (and how the offensive woes are all his fault) that he's fine and is the great QB that most of us expect
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football