Film breakdown of defense

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:19 pm

riggofan wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Two of the TDs were a basic cover 2. Every defense in the league has it in the playbook.

I am hoping and I do think it will improve. I seen differences from game 1 it got worse game 2 then it got better a lil in game three.

Nice. Do you think it got worse in Game 2 because we were playing Aaron Rodgers instead of Michael Vick? Or just the overall defensive strategy wasn't as good?

I think the strategy is good. But you can see the TDs the players were there surrounding the one player with the ball. That is the fault of the players.

I am just thinking we should have Rak and Kerrigan rushing more rather then in coverage.

If needed we have Fletcher or Riley Jr. cover either a TE or HB. They should never be covering a WR. IMHO

Also I think Amerson and D. Hall have proved that they can handle one on one situations. So this is good for our defense. It will allow Haslett to send more pressure and trust our corners.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:44 am

THANK YOU - this has been VERY informative ...

we all are very upset about being 0-3 - getting rid of players or coaches is NOT the solution

the coaches and players we have, will find a way to get this team back in the race

we are only 2 games back, for crying out loud :roll:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:16 am

HEROHAMO thanks for the analysis.

I think it ultimately comes down to Haslett simplifying this defense down to the bare bone. Everyone plays man. Occasionally double the hot guy with the free safety.

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:09 pm

mastdark81 wrote:HEROHAMO thanks for the analysis.

I think it ultimately comes down to Haslett simplifying this defense down to the bare bone. Everyone plays man. Occasionally double the hot guy with the free safety.

Honestly yeah simplifying things is the best option. The D isn't the most talented or cohesive bunch. The current schemes seems to complex for them.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Bishop Hammer wrote:

Honestly yeah simplifying things is the best option. The D isn't the most talented or cohesive bunch. The current schemes seems to complex for them.

Exactly! Seems like 8 out 10 times its a breakdown of communication between the cb and the safety....those short cb zones should be done away with. Dont know how many times ive seen our cbs either expect safety help and stop their coverage in the short zone!

Also clearly your not being competitive against the pass by drifting Fletcher Rak and Kerrigan back so far in their initial stance. Teams seem to be immediatelh audibling to the run and when they are in the nasty nickel (docs walkers nickname haha).

Lastly I seem to know when we are playing gap control run stop by the stance of the 3 interior lineman. They tend to be in tighter. This stance while effective against the run gives no passrush, therefore teams ca. quickly audible to the pass. They also show their cards that their playing the pass when Cofield uses a stance where hes not positioned at 90 degrees but yet at like a 80 degree angle.

This positioning gave up huge holes against the run more specifically the Eagles game, some against the Packers. Wish I had the game film to show.

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Bishop Hammer wrote:

Exactly! Seems like 8 out 10 times its a breakdown of communication between the cb and the safety....those short cb zones should be done away with. Dont know how many times ive seen our cbs either expect safety help and stop their coverage in the short zone with the S not being there to help

Also clearly your not being competitive against the pass by drifting Fletcher Rak and Kerrigan back so far in their initial stance. Teams seem to be immediately audibling to the run and when they are in the nasty nickel (docs walkers nickname haha). So essentially these formations are not working in run nor pass. Only thing seemingly to work better than others is the base d.

Lastly I seem to know when we are playing gap control run stop by the stance of the 3 interior lineman. They tend to be in tighter. This stance while effective against the run gives no passrush, therefore teams ca. quickly audible to the pass. They also show their cards that their playing the pass when Cofield uses a stance where hes not positioned at 90 degrees but yet at like a 80 degree angle.

This positioning gave up huge holes against the run more specifically the Eagles game, some against the Packers. Wish I had the game film to show.

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:12 pm

This return team must have gotten hold of the Redskins' playbook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YotUby9jDXM

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 pm

DaveD1420 wrote:This return team must have gotten hold of the Redskins' playbook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YotUby9jDXM

I think you meant the kicking team. But the play should have been whistled dead long before he finally broke free.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football