Legit and realistic prediction

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
||||||

Legit and realistic prediction

Postby EA7649 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Many people in America are saying the Redskins are awful, no hope, RG3 isn't going to work well this year, even articles on how the Redskins (made an awful trade) http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-rober ... 42615.html

In a little less than 2 months (right before the SF game) we will be in playoff contention.

Reasons-NFC East sucks, offense looked improved against GB, our starting qb will have more experience recovering from the injury and will be much more healed and mobile, young defensive players will get used to the NFL and finally last year everyone was doubting the Redskins when we were 3-6. Maybe they perform better when they are not receiving lots of praise.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Forgot ti mention. Early bye week will help.

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:22 pm

I hope you're right, brother. Time will tell.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:39 am

Wow, that article sucked. That guy knows nothing about football.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:47 am

Wow, okay, first off we SWAPPED the 2012 1st (though EVERYONE seems to get that wrong). Second, who's to say we would've drafted the same guys?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:57 am

I have to see how we do against Oakland tomorrow. If we win and it's by a decent margin, then I think we do have a legitimate run at winning the division again. If we barely scrape by or lose, I'm afraid we're going to be cellar dwellars.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:10 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I have to see how we do against Oakland tomorrow. If we win and it's by a decent margin, then I think we do have a legitimate run at winning the division again. If we barely scrape by or lose, I'm afraid we're going to be cellar dwellars.

Regardless of the outcome. Once RG3 is one hundred percent the team can go on a run. If the Skins ran off 7 in a row last year. That proves that they are capable of doing the same. That does not mean that they will but we have proof that they have done so.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:28 am

ACW wrote:Wow, okay, first off we SWAPPED the 2012 1st (though EVERYONE seems to get that wrong). Second, who's to say we would've drafted the same guys?

Also 2012 2nd, not 2013.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:20 pm

I saw some disturbing numbers this morning regarding Haslett's units since he became the Rams' DC. Not good. At all. I dunno what I was thinking; I used to think he was doing a good job.

Not anymore.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:49 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I have to see how we do against Oakland tomorrow. If we win and it's by a decent margin, then I think we do have a legitimate run at winning the division again. If we barely scrape by or lose, I'm afraid we're going to be cellar dwellars.

Regardless of the outcome. Once RG3 is one hundred percent the team can go on a run. If the Skins ran off 7 in a row last year. That proves that they are capable of doing the same. That does not mean that they will but we have proof that they have done so.

Truth be told, this team has NEVER lost a post-bye regular season game with RGIII at the helm (or Capt. Kirk for that matter). 13-3 or 12-4 would work fine for me. Our schedule's tough as all get out, but when the O is working, I can see us having a chance against anyone.

8)
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:59 am

Well, the good news is that, although we're 1-3, we're now entering the easy part of our schedule......

.....oh no, wait, that's not right. I'm already considering a trip into outer space during the week of the Broncos game. That one could be a major humiliation. Too many people are placing their hopes in a 2012 style rally in the second half of the season, but it's hard to see that happening again, Last season, we were frustrating for the first half of the season. This season, we've been dreadful so far, and yesterday's win doesn't change a lot.

The NFC East is so abysmal, we could actually be in contention until late in the year, but a 7 win season is the best we can possibly hope for, I fear.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:13 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:Well, the good news is that, although we're 1-3, we're now entering the easy part of our schedule......

.....oh no, wait, that's not right. I'm already considering a trip into outer space during the week of the Broncos game. That one could be a major humiliation. Too many people are placing their hopes in a 2012 style rally in the second half of the season, but it's hard to see that happening again, Last season, we were frustrating for the first half of the season. This season, we've been dreadful so far, and yesterday's win doesn't change a lot.

The NFC East is so abysmal, we could actually be in contention until late in the year, but a 7 win season is the best we can possibly hope for, I fear.

We will be in playoff contention. I don't even look at the 1-3 record, I look at the 1 game back in the division (where we have a better chance getting into the playoffs not the wildcard)

I would like to mention that everyone in the division basically faces the same difficult teams. The Lions and Packers are tough teams and we already faced them. The defense will get better with more experience, the quarterback will get more comfortable with getting healthier and more of a flow with the practice playing games prior. This early bye is big for the Redskins. We will see.... not gonna be pessimistic when I truly feel the Redskins got a legit chance to win this weak division.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:27 am

EA7649 wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Well, the good news is that, although we're 1-3, we're now entering the easy part of our schedule......

We will be in playoff contention. I don't even look at the 1-3 record, I look at the 1 game back in the division (where we have a better chance getting into the playoffs not the wildcard)

I would like to mention that everyone in the division basically faces the same difficult teams. The Lions and Packers are tough teams and we already faced them. The defense will get better with more experience, the quarterback will get more comfortable with getting healthier and more of a flow with the practice playing games prior. This early bye is big for the Redskins. We will see.... not gonna be pessimistic when I truly feel the Redskins got a legit chance to win this weak division.

I'm not even sure why people are concerned with the playoffs. This isn't a super bowl contending team, so I don't see why it matters. If we win the NFC East --- great, but we'll lose in the first round.

We need to build and improve on a week to week basis. RGIII needs to get better. Our DBs need to transition from college to NFL ball. Our D needs to gell and learn their assignments. This team isn't where we thought it would be and is much worse defensively than we thought.

As far as the article --- it's stupid. Nothing more to it. Basically an article to fill up internet space that has no support or conclusion.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:50 am

markshark84 wrote:I'm not even sure why people are concerned with the playoffs. This isn't a super bowl contending team, so I don't see why it matters. If we win the NFC East --- great, but we'll lose in the first round.

:roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:01 pm

This whole trying to look ahead thing is just completely pointless. I found it so irritating to check this website after we lost to Detroit and read, "We're 0-3. Season is over."

We some big issues on both defense and offense. I want to see the team use the next two weeks to correct those problems as much as possible and come back ready to beat Dallas.

Worrying about whether we're going to lose in the first round of the playoffs or not? Come on.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football