How Long Should They Play Griffin Without Improvement?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:13 pm

The rule was never changed.. it's always been that way. Simple.

Can we move on now?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Last week was RG3s third preseason game.


I'm sorry, I don't buy that. He got as much playing time in the first game as he would have in the first three preason games combined.

That's simply not true. Maybe the first two games (or 1/2 to be more exact), but you can't discount the weeks in between the games, where you can study film and address mistakes during practices. Plus, the rest of the team also has to adjust to RGIII being under center and not another QB.


OK, so i'm off by what a quarter or less. First game is typically one or two drives, the second game is a half minus a drive or two at the end of the half, and the third game is a half plus a drive or two in the second half. So i'm off by a drive or two.

All of that other stuff he got just like all of the other QBs did.

So you're going to tell me Im wrong based on a drive or two...

I'm much closer than you are!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:33 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:The rule was never changed.. it's always been that way. Simple.

Can we move on now?


Yes, we can move on, but the rule was changed between the 2010 and 2011 season.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1232
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:15 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Last week was RG3s third preseason game.


I'm sorry, I don't buy that. He got as much playing time in the first game as he would have in the first three preason games combined. So that anaolgy is a bunch of bunk.

Go sell that snake oil some place else!

If you want to say the first game was his presaon then I'm ok with that.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

So sick of hearing this excuse. Last time I checked, these last 3 games actually counted ergo they are not preseason games.

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16059
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:11 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:All of that other stuff he got just like all of the other QBs did.

How so?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:02 am

[quote deadskins"]
skinsfan#33 wrote: All of the other stuff he did just like of the other QBs did.

How so?[/quote]
He was sitting in the meeting room just like all of the other QBs ok. All of the off field stuff he did just like everyone else.

Come you can do it, just admit that you were wrong.

The playing time in one regular season game is roughly that of the first three preseason games. You said that the first three regular season games were like his preseason. You were wrong. It's is ok to say it.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1232
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:55 am

Some fans just cannot admit or accept that Griffin has not returned to form. Not yet, anway.

|||
Posts: 4309
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:39 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Some fans just cannot admit or accept that Griffin has not returned to form. Not yet, anway.


Its pretty obvious you think that we should have started Kirk Cousins.

However what if Kirk had started and we still had the same record of 0-3?
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16059
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:49 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote: All of the other stuff he did just like of the other QBs did.

How so?

He was sitting in the meeting room just like all of the other QBs ok. All of the off field stuff he did just like everyone else.

Come you can do it, just admit that you were wrong.

The playing time in one regular season game is roughly that of the first three preseason games. You said that the first three regular season games were like his preseason. You were wrong. It's is ok to say it.

If I were wrong, I would be the first to admit it. But here, you are incorrect again on many fronts. First, I wasn't the one who said the three games were like his pre-season, that was frankcal. I was merely refuting your point that that statement was total bunk. Second, you totally glossed over my other points, by saying he got the same practice and film study between games as the other QBs. That is patently false. Watching film of another QB, does nothing to help you correct problems with your own mechanics. And yes, he participated in practices, but there was no real game time between those practices where he could work on his timing with receivers under real pressure and defensive game planning. So no, RGIII never had a preseason, and is only now showing the effects that live game experience brings. Instead you chose to focus on a silly point about actual game time, which varies greatly from club to club. I even said it was more like a game and a half of regular season, because I didn't feel the need to argue a stupid semantic point, when the point I was actually making was far more important.

I'm sorry if my correcting you on the feet first slide thing got your panties in a twist, but I'm not singling you out or anything. I just like to set the record straight when I see misinformation being reported as fact.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:51 pm

I think a guy can also declare himself down by going down to one knee like kick returners do in the end zone. I saw a guy do it a couple years ago and then call timeout so a field goal could be attempted.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16059
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:26 pm

If the player is obviously giving himself up, then the refs will usually call it, feet first or not.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4537
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Deadskins wrote:If the player is obviously giving himself up, then the refs will usually call it, feet first or not.


Right. The issue was he coughed up the ball in the act of giving himself up... Had he stayed down he would have eventually been touched or the whistle would have blown to end the play.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote: All of the other stuff he did just like of the other QBs did.

How so?

He was sitting in the meeting room just like all of the other QBs ok. All of the off field stuff he did just like everyone else.

Come you can do it, just admit that you were wrong.

The playing time in one regular season game is roughly that of the first three preseason games. You said that the first three regular season games were like his preseason. You were wrong. It's is ok to say it.

If I were wrong, I would be the first to admit it. But here, you are incorrect again on many fronts. First, I wasn't the one who said the three games were like his pre-season, that was frankcal. I was merely refuting your point that that statement was total bunk. Second, you totally glossed over my other points, by saying he got the same practice and film study between games as the other QBs. That is patently false. Watching film of another QB, does nothing to help you correct problems with your own mechanics. And yes, he participated in practices, but there was no real game time between those practices where he could work on his timing with receivers under real pressure and defensive game planning. So no, RGIII never had a preseason, and is only now showing the effects that live game experience brings. Instead you chose to focus on a silly point about actual game time, which varies greatly from club to club. I even said it was more like a game and a half of regular season, because I didn't feel the need to argue a stupid semantic point, when the point I was actually making was far more important.

I'm sorry if my correcting you on the feet first slide thing got your panties in a twist, but I'm not singling you out or anything. I just like to set the record straight when I see misinformation being reported as fact.

Since there is no way that either of can know if watching game tape of himself playing in preseasonss would have benefited him anymore than a break down of game film of his team mates then I submit that since RG3 barely played in preseason as a rookie it isn't that important for it to actually be him.

Yes, I confused you with the comment Frank made.

By the way I was also wrong when I said that the 2011 rule book had the part removed that said a player could declare himself down by simply going to the ground, because it is in the 2011 &2012 rule book. But whatever it doesn't matter.

I wasn't referring to game time that other teams play their starters in preseason I was referring to what Shanny usually does with his teams. And I have been harping on game time because that is the most important part of playing in the preseason... the playing part. All the rest RG3 got either first hand of by proxy.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog
Posts: 2240
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:07 pm

This whole thread is so sad. How quickly they forget. HTTR

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1232
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:41 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Some fans just cannot admit or accept that Griffin has not returned to form. Not yet, anway.


Its pretty obvious you think that we should have started Kirk Cousins.

However what if Kirk had started and we still had the same record of 0-3?

I've never said that. I just don't like the fact that certain fans keep making excuses for Griffin, he's obviously not playing at full form. Nothing more, nothing less. Although I do strongly believe had Cousins started the first four we would be sitting at 2-2 right now.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football