Legit and realistic prediction

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Some here should just take a break and come back next season ... maybe this team will be 'better' by then ... :lol:

the ONLY games that matter are the next game and the one we just played ...

looking ahead is really pointless ... unless you're just getting a kick out of predicting the worst based on what we did in the first 3 games :twisted:

OR

go ahead ... make out like you know something (anything :lol:) that the rest of us here don't
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:26 pm

SkinsJock wrote:the ONLY games that matter are the next game and the one we just played ...

Right on man.

I've really liked the reactions I've seen from some of the Redskins themselves today.

“Honestly, you’re not gonna sit here and be like ‘We’re world beaters,’ “ Moss said. “We won one game. I’m not gonna get geeked off one win. I understand this game. I’ve played it too long to know that this one game ain’t gonna make us great. We still have to go out there and be better."

“It’ll be a tougher task [going forward],” Cofield said. “It won’t be the backup quarterback. Just like we didn’t get too down when we were struggling, we’re not going to get too high when we have a good performance.”

I'm not saying that they will bounce back and be able to overcome all of the obvious shortcomings. But if this team proved anything last year, its that they have some real character.

One week at a time.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:I'm not even sure why people are concerned with the playoffs. This isn't a super bowl contending team, so I don't see why it matters. If we win the NFC East --- great, but we'll lose in the first round.

:roll:

Please. Tell me why I'm wrong.

The only, and I mean only, arguement is "RGIII will come to form by the end of the year and with the NFC East where it is, we could hit stride at the right time"

That is all you/we have. The problem is that it's based on hope, nothing concrete; just a shot in the dark. A fading optimistic hope void of statistical or logical support.

If you're eye roll isn't because you think all skins fans should blindly be optimistic, have unrealistic expectations by disregarding facts and basing such expectations on unfounded "hope" that things will just turn around ---- well, then I'd love to hear you try to rationalize this one..........

But, sorry --- "hey, it could happen" doesn't work for me.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Some here should just take a break and come back next season ... maybe this team will be 'better' by then ... :lol:

looking ahead is really pointless ... unless you're just getting a kick out of predicting the worst based on what we did in the first 3 games :twisted:

I made this post before the Raiders game. Purpose of me posting this is to give my opinion on the future of the Redskins after seeing fans and the media say this team is sh$t.

But, with the stuff I listed and the facts of the NFC East sucks and we are 1 game back...playing the division leader next game. We have a good chance being in playoff contention.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:46 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:I'm not even sure why people are concerned with the playoffs. This isn't a super bowl contending team, so I don't see why it matters. If we win the NFC East --- great, but we'll lose in the first round.

The only, and I mean only, arguement is "RGIII will come to form by the end of the year and with the NFC East where it is, we could hit stride at the right time"

That is all you/we have. The problem is that it's based on hope, nothing concrete; just a shot in the dark. A fading optimistic hope void of statistical or logical support.

If you're eye roll isn't because you think all skins fans should blindly be optimistic, have unrealistic expectations by disregarding facts and basing such expectations on unfounded "hope" that things will just turn around ---- well, then I'd love to hear you try to rationalize this one..........

Please. The eye roll is for "If we win the NFC East --- great, but we'll lose in the first round." I don't understand why you even bother to follow the team, much less come to THN to post about it.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

swine

Postby masterkwon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:14 pm

There certainly won't be any bragging rights for the team that does "win" the division this year and "playoff team" will be the misnomer of all misnomers. These teams are bad.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Root for a team when they are good and bad. Yeah they sucked few years back we didn't have a qb. I think the players care if they win the division they get a bonus. Might not win a super bowl this year (not a definitive answer, but as long as we are getting better each year and contending we'll get there eventually and make it an attractive place for free-agents.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:12 pm

masterkwon wrote:There certainly won't be any bragging rights for the team that does "win" the division this year and "playoff team" will be the misnomer of all misnomers. These teams are bad.

Any given Sunday my man. Remember the Gints won two SuperBowls in the 07 and 11. They had a record of 9-7 in those years winning the NFC East.
The same thing could happen to the winner of the NFC East.

Our team went on a 7 game winning streak last year. So its not like its something new for our division to look no good and end up with a playoff contender and SuperBowl winner.

We still are the NFC East with the most SB titles ever. Just think how teams will underestimate us if we win the division. All we need is to catch fire at the right time.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:21 am

SkinsJock wrote:Some here should just take a break and come back next season ... maybe this team will be 'better' by then ... :lol:

OR

go ahead ... make out like you know something (anything :lol:) that the rest of us here don't

Forgive me Jock. I completely lost control of myself, and ended up speaking my mind ;-)

What I do know, and everybody else knows it too, is that we've been crap for 4 games so far. RG3 is entitled to a few games of rust, but too many others have played as if suffering from terminal oxidation.....
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 am

Deadskins wrote:Please. The eye roll is for "If we win the NFC East --- great, but we'll lose in the first round." I don't understand why you even bother to follow the team, much less come to THN to post about it.

+1m.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:00 am

The 'thing' about the NFL is that there are a few good teams and a bunch of teams not playing up to expectations and a number of really bad teams

we have played badly but we are not a really bad team

we can win the NFC East - if we're playing up to our expectations at the end we can even win a playoff game

that's just how I like to look at things :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:35 am

HEROHAMO wrote:All we need is to catch fire at the right time.

Exactly. The Ravens did it last year, and we can do it this year. These divisional games are going to be extremely important for us this year.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:36 am

Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Please. The eye roll is for "If we win the NFC East --- great, but we'll lose in the first round." I don't understand why you even bother to follow the team, much less come to THN to post about it.

Should I apologize or not come on this site because I'm objective? Should I just blindly be optimistic when all signs point otherwise? Is that what you expect from posters on this site? I have never been the type of guy that only likes to hear the things I want to hear and surrounds myself with people I know will tell me those things. Perhaps you are.

But again, please tell me why I'm wrong.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:33 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Should I apologize or not come on this site because I'm objective? Should I just blindly be optimistic when all signs point otherwise? Is that what you expect from posters on this site? I have never been the type of guy that only likes to hear the things I want to hear and surrounds myself with people I know will tell me those things. Perhaps you are.

But again, please tell me why I'm wrong.

I'm sorry, but since none of us can predict the future there is no way you can know if you're being realistic or objective when you make a prediction based on a 4 game sample size. Every and I mean every year there are a half a dozen to a dozen teams that either stay out hot and end child or start out child and ends hot.

You are not being realistic to ignore that fact. Yes, based on the previous four games were shouldn't expect the Skins to finish any better than 4&12, but that would be ignoring decades of history that proves you can't do that.

No one can say at this point and time that they can realistically project how a team will fare the rest of the season. So at this point any prediction is just a WAG.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:11 pm

12-4 .. realistically (for me) :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football