How Long Should They Play Griffin Without Improvement?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine

Postby masterkwon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:13 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:People we won our fist game. Our focus should be on the Cowgirls. How to stop their offense and score on their defense.

(Cowboys)

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:43 pm

masterkwon wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:People we won our fist game. Our focus should be on the Cowgirls. How to stop their offense and score on their defense.

(Cowboys)

No he got it right the first time.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:46 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote::yawn:

ROTFALMAO

I'll take that response as a "yeah, I have nothing".........

Aaannndd... checkmate!
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:55 pm

markshark84 wrote:

ROTFALMAO

Aaannndd... checkmate!

You can take it any way you like, what ever your preference is.. I don't really care.

It was never a debate, much less chess match. If so it was over before you sat down bud!

You typed a lot of words but never said anything worth jack. Rgiii was sacked a grip last year... HEALTHY. You made a blanket statement about him not able to extend plays- I provided one that disproved your point. You dismissed it- likewise I dissmissed your opinion.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:30 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
That is how I feel. I always feel we should beet the Bears and they have only beeten the Vikings, Pburge (both bad teams), and the Bungles. I'm more concerned about the Chargers (2-2) who can only beet (barely) NFCE teams. You would think it would be the other way around, but that is how I feel.

I guess there is no point in arguing opinion. I respect that.

But, as far as CHI -- how do you think our O will do against their D? What about Cutler against our D? Our D has historically done poorly against top QBs.

Can our D keep pace with SD?

DAL is playing well at home this year averaging 33ppg.

skinsfan#33 wrote:Actually we are 1-3 against teams that are a combined 6-9. You can't throw out how they did against us since they played us.

You can't count our games because we are the variable constant. Including our games doesn't show how they do against our competition. It is useless to include our games --- we don't play ourselves.

skinsfan#33 wrote:I agree with most of this. Thge game was much closer than it should have been. You can let a guy have a free run at your punter (first TD) and if a ball hits you dead in your hands you need to catch the ball. If Rak doesn't Carlos Rogers that ball the Raiders don't score on the next play.

Would of, should ofs. In sports, it is what it is. Hey --- if I had made 3 putts that I typically sink from less than 5 feet this weekend, I would have shot in the 70s and placed 3rd in my club tournament --- but I didn't. I missed and shot an 81. That was my score. There are no asteriks or almosts. You won't hear me go back and proclaim "but..... if...... I should of........". The score was 24-14. I bet OAK could have said a ton about the pick 6 and injuries.

skinsfan#33 wrote:I'm not concerned with him. He will get his grove going soon enough and has been improving each game.

I do see improvement, but I don't see how anyone shouldn't be concerned. He is NOWHERE near what he was last year. Not even on the same planet.

skinsfan#33 wrote:Do you honestly understand the ESPN QBR stat, bacuse if yoiu do I think you are the only one in the world. I don't even think ESPN understands the QBR stat. It has Jake Locker rated higher than Romo, Brady,or Aaron Rodgers. It has Andy Dalton higher than Russel Wilson. And it had RG3 rated below Eli. I'm sorry, I still feel it is a gimmick and not a true reflection of how a player is playing and it isn't even close.

You like it, great. But it isn't the standard yet and may never be.

I'm not sure ESPN has even disclosed the EXACT metrics regarding the QBR. That said, you can't deny its outcomes.

Locker hasn't thrown an INT this year....... Rodgers QBR suffered because he basically lost the game against CINCY and has only played 3 games....... Brady hasn't been playing that well........... The Dalton-Wilson comment is a S-T-R-E-T-C-H seeing how it's 2 ponits (although Dalton is having a better year as a QB)....... Romo still hasn't thrown for 300 yards this year......

The stat is telling; just look at the top vs. the bottom --- and RGIII is DEAD LAST for all starting QBs (at least the ones that haven't been benched or inserted in for the benched player).

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Did you watch the game? The 30 yard play where helu hurdles a defender was made only because rgiii was able to "elude" the defenders

Thank you for pointing out both Roberts great play and that 3rd down guy that is injury prone and not suitable for that position.

No, they would rather be negative cowboykillerz.... At least there are a good bunch of us here that recognize improvement.

I know this much; other than the loss to the Eagles, destiny is in our hands this year. We have 1 and I repeat 1 loss to a division opponent.

All is not lost yet. HTTR

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:56 pm

markshark84 wrote:But, as far as CHI -- how do you think our O will do against their D? What about Cutler against our D? Our D has historically done poorly against top QBs.

And Cutler is a top QB? Please! We will beat the bears. I can't even remember the last time we lost to them.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:59 pm

markshark84 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:Actually we are 1-3 against teams that are a combined 6-9. You can't throw out how they did against us since they played us.

You can't count our games because we are the variable constant. Including our games doesn't show how they do against our competition. It is useless to include our games --- we don't play ourselves.

If you don't count our games, then we are 0-0. 8)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:22 pm

masterkwon wrote:

(Cowboys)

Come on bro. Whos side you on? :D
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:36 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
masterkwon wrote:

(Cowboys)

Come on bro. Whos side you on? :D

Isn't it obvious?

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:36 am

markshark84 wrote:I'm not sure ESPN has even disclosed the EXACT metrics regarding the QBR. That said, you can't deny its outcomes.

Locker hasn't thrown an INT this year....... Rodgers QBR suffered because he basically lost the game against CINCY and has only played 3 games....... Brady hasn't been playing that well........... The Dalton-Wilson comment is a S-T-R-E-T-C-H seeing how it's 2 ponits (although Dalton is having a better year as a QB)....... Romo still hasn't thrown for 300 yards this year......

The stat is telling; just look at the top vs. the bottom --- and RGIII is DEAD LAST for all starting QBs (at least the ones that haven't been benched or inserted in for the benched player).

Don't you know that you can only use the QBR stat if Griffin is in the top ten!?

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:49 am

Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:But, as far as CHI -- how do you think our O will do against their D? What about Cutler against our D? Our D has historically done poorly against top QBs.

And Cutler is a top QB? Please! We will beat the bears. I can't even remember the last time we lost to them.

Not saying this to be a dick and am saying this in full sincerity -- but what's your reasoning? How do you figure? I honestly would like to hear valid, concrete points (not the optimistic, based on nothing factual "RGIII will be 100% and awesome again by then) arguement commonly provided.

And to your Cutler point ---- Cutler is a play-making QB. He puts up points. While he isn't "elite", I would put him in a similar category to:
1. Dalton - who burned us for 300+ and 3 TDs last year
2. Stafford - 380+ and 2 TDs
3. Romo - (in the 1st game) 400+ and 3 TDs and (in week 17 when Romo is horrendous) 200+ and 3 INTs
4. Rivers - not this season, but in previous; but we haven't played SD is a long time to compare #s

These are QBs that put up #s, but also make mistakes. Based on what we have seen this year from Cutler and our D ---- I think it is safe to say Cutler will toss 2 TDs at a minimum. Add on the fact we are 31st in rushing defense, giving up 4.7ypc. Meanwhile, Forte is 5th in the league in rushing averaging 4.6ypc. I don't see why Forte wouldn't rush for 100 and a TD (maybe 2). This will also keep our offense off the field. With all this, I see CHI scoring 28. Can we match that?

Will our O even have the opportunity to do so? How many TOs will the CHI D get? Based on what RGIII has done thus far, I could see as many as 2 TOs. My hope is that RGIII will be back by Oct. 20th and we will have turned things around, but that's in 19 days...

That's my reasoning. I have been thinking of reasons why we'll win that are concrete and based on what we have and NOT what we could have by then.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:11 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
markshark84 wrote:

ROTFALMAO

Aaannndd... checkmate!

You can take it any way you like, what ever your preference is.. I don't really care.

It was never a debate, much less chess match. If so it was over before you sat down bud!

You typed a lot of words but never said anything worth jack. Rgiii was sacked a grip last year... HEALTHY. You made a blanket statement about him not able to extend plays- I provided one that disproved your point. You dismissed it- likewise I dissmissed your opinion.

I guess you are correct in that it wasn't a debate. There has to be an actual point-counter point. I'm still waiting on yours......

I also liked the "it was over" comment --- coming from a poster that provides no support (at least adequate support, but most times none) or background to anything in their posts. And no, your opinion -- no matter how much you want it to -- doesn't count as support..... But hey, if making yet another unsupported statement makes you feel better, great.

Your posts need actual logic and analysis tied into them. For example, RGIII was sacked "alot" -- how much is alot? Is 30 alot? Is 16th in a league of 32 teams "alot". I wouldnt think average is "alot", but you don't provide anything more. Perhaps it is to protect your poorly constructed posts in an effort to "rebrand" them after holes have been pierced into them......

I didn't dismiss your statement. If that were the case, I would have not replied. What I said was that your statement was not sufficient to disprove my arguement. One single play doesn't disprove 4 games worth of evidence. Hopefully you understand that.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:27 am

Lmmfao good stuff there. I don't feel the need to complain every week.. ill take the win and improved play from rgiii and stay optimistic. My shades ARE burgundy and gold, and I like them. What's your real concern? U wish rgiii was running for his life again? How well did that work out?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:48 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Lmmfao good stuff there. I don't feel the need to complain every week.. ill take the win and improved play from rgiii and stay optimistic. My shades ARE burgundy and gold, and I like them. What's your real concern? U wish rgiii was running for his life again? How well did that work out?

Honestly can't argue with that. You be optimistic; I'll be realistic. We need all types in this world. As long as you admit it; you'll have no problem with me.

But in this world (including the NFL), some wins are better than others.

To answer your question, what do I wish:
- I wish RGIII could turn the corner on DLineman,
- I wish he was making plays similar to last year,
- I wish he would break one so that he forces defenses to say honest when they pass rush,
- I wish RGIII wasn't playing scared

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football