Jim Haslett and the defense or lack there of.....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:09 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote: ... Maybe this week off will allow them to learn to tackle, us leading the league in missed tackles isn't a good stat to have going into the bye.

Please clarify .... when is it ever good to lead the league in missed tackles?

and

why would 'going into the bye' be a particular worry?

I would think it means we'll have time to improve on this - maybe you feel differently? :twisted:

The can take the time to improve, but they certainly won't practice tackling.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:How so?

Just because the players played well against a team with zero offensive ability (but stilll gave up 300 yards to a talentless team). I know the D gave up as many points as they scored but Haz didn't become a good DC overnight.

"Twice a day even a broken clock is right" or if you like "every once in a while even a blind squirel gets a nut"

Now if they go out and do that against the Cowgirls and Bears then you may have a point

We won the game. Our defense had a pick six. Therefore, you do not fire your defensive coordinator.

You have got to be kidding right? Cause we beat a team playing their #2 QB and both the starting RB and FB were hurt early. I think the least this defense could do is beat a obviously weak team with second and third stringers starting. I bet had Terrell Pryor played there would not have been 7 sacks and I think we would have lost. So big deal Jim Haslett finally earns a paycheck by his defense beating the team it should have. Maybe this week off will allow them to learn to tackle, us leading the league in missed tackles isn't a good stat to have going into the bye.

You advocate firing him. Our defense stepped up yesterday, caused a fumble which resulted in a TD, and had the pick six. Explain how firing Haslett is a good idea, 4 weeks into a season where we just won our first game and are headed into a bye week one game out of the division lead? Firing Haslett is NOT going to magically make our defense any better. If he's gone at the end of the year so be it, but it makes absolutely no sense to fire the guy 4 weeks in.

swine

Postby masterkwon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:22 pm

What a year for Denver to have the NFC East on their schedule. It's like a gift of four byes. They may hang 200 points on the division. They are already at 93 and Dallas is up next week.

Remember in 2007 when Brady hung 52 on Washington? With this defense it may be deja vu all over again, compliments of Peyton. The secondary may call in sick that week.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:18 pm

masterkwon wrote:What a year for Denver to have the NFC East on their schedule. It's like a gift of four byes. They may hang 200 points on the division. They are already at 93 and Dallas is up next week.

Remember in 2007 when Brady hung 52 on Washington? With this defense it may be deja vu all over again, compliments of Peyton. The secondary may call in sick that week.

Remember in 07 the Gints ended up 9-7 winning this division. Then guess who won the Superbowl that year? Same thing happened in 11.

So dont count the NFC East out yet.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:37 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
BigRedskinDaddy wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:We won the game. Our defense had a pick six. Therefore, you do not fire your defensive coordinator.

One game is a pretty small sample size for whether you keep him or not. What happens when, not if, we lose another one? Do we line up all the assistant coaches and do them firing-squad style? My point, and I believe the others in this thread who would like to replace Haslett, is that in looking at the BIGGER picture it's clear our D's are not anywhere near the top.

Or even the middle for that matter.

One game is a pretty small sample size. So is three.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

How about three years and three games? Is that a big enough sample size? How about all of those years of bad DC work prior to him getting this gig?

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:37 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
BigRedskinDaddy wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:We won the game. Our defense had a pick six. Therefore, you do not fire your defensive coordinator.

One game is a pretty small sample size for whether you keep him or not. What happens when, not if, we lose another one? Do we line up all the assistant coaches and do them firing-squad style? My point, and I believe the others in this thread who would like to replace Haslett, is that in looking at the BIGGER picture it's clear our D's are not anywhere near the top.

Or even the middle for that matter.

One game is a pretty small sample size. So is three.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

How about three years and three games? Is that a big enough sample size? How about all of those years of bad DC work prior to him getting this gig?

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:31 am

masterkwon wrote:What a year for Denver to have the NFC East on their schedule. It's like a gift of four byes. They may hang 200 points on the division. They are already at 93 and Dallas is up next week.

Denver doesn't scare me. There I said it. And it won't be a blowout like everyone is predicting.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:18 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:

Denver doesn't scare me. There I said it. And it won't be a blowout like everyone is predicting.

Denver scares the hell out of me; the rest of the schedule, not so much.

That being said, I do think we can beat the Broncos. Would I bet any money on it... not a chance.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:28 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote: ... Maybe this week off will allow them to learn to tackle, us leading the league in missed tackles isn't a good stat to have going into the bye.

and

I would think it means we'll have time to improve on this - maybe you feel differently? :twisted:

so can you answer the 2 questions for him? :lol:
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:33 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

That being said, I do think we can beat the Broncos. Would I bet any money on it... not a chance.

I have a good feeling about the Broncos game for some reason. I think they'll be undefeated when we face them, be riding that "undefeated season" high and we'll catch them by surprise.

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:52 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

I have a good feeling about the Broncos game for some reason. I think they'll be undefeated when we face them, be riding that "undefeated season" high and we'll catch them by surprise.

Let's beat a good team first before we start talking about a team on a historic pace to start the season. I'm not sure how our team will play out this year but I do think we'll see improvement, especially if RGIII starts looking like himself, our offense figures a way to counter other teams blitzing us and our D quits having blown coverages. This Denver team is no joke however and their strength is our current weakness, the passing game. I'll be at this game in B&G, cheering us on but this game looks very lopsided at the moment. I'll be happy with a win vs. the pukes followed up by a good game the following week and then we'll see about Denver. As of now though, this doesn't look good. Just being honest.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:52 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

and

so can you answer the 2 questions for him? :lol:

Going into the bye can be a worry because so early in the season injuries can come into play later on down the line. Seeing as though the team get's a week off, based on the amount of missed tackles I think they all should be practicing tackling the entire time, cause based on the last 4 games there is nothing to allow me to think that they will be sharp tackling come Sunday night........ :roll:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:40 pm

you do know that they don't actually 'practice' tackling ... right? :roll:

hopefully they get some 'instruction' about tackling because it has been horrendous so far ... :(
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:42 pm

I see that we're no longer the worst defense in the NFL ... :roll:

we have a new #32 in Total Defense .... the eagles :lol:

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:03 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

1: The Redskins have never been the team that catches a superior team napping...
2: It's Peyton Manning... the man is obsessive in his pursuit of perfection... he does not have... nor does he tolerate among his team mates... letdowns.

Please don't hold your breath.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football