Rob Jackson and Jarvis Jenkins complete suspension

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Rob Jackson and Jarvis Jenkins complete suspension

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:13 pm

With the return of Jarvis Jenkins and Rob Jackson after the bye. What does this mean for the Redskins defense?

Jarvis Jenkins will make a huge difference. He should help free up double teams on Cofield. Also clogging up running lanes and making the blitz more effective. Jenkins was a starter so this is great to get him back.

Rob Jackson isn't the starter but he brings depth at the LB position and can only help. You now could have a defensive package with Rak and Jackson or any other combination of LBs. The more the merrier. Having Jackson available allows more options for Haslett to explore.

Getting back both Jenkins and Jackson could not have happened at a better time for the Skins currently in the bye week.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Re: Rob Jackson and Jarvis Jenkins complete suspension

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:33 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:With the return of Jarvis Jenkins and Rob Jackson after the bye. What does this mean for the Redskins defense?

Jarvis Jenkins will make a huge difference. He should help free up double teams on Cofield. Also clogging up running lanes and making the blitz more effective. Jenkins was a starter so this is great to get him back.

Rob Jackson isn't the starter but he brings depth at the LB position and can only help. You now could have a defensive package with Rak and Jackson or any other combination of LBs. The more the merrier. Having Jackson available allows more options for Haslett to explore.

Getting back both Jenkins and Jackson could not have happened at a better time for the Skins currently in the bye week.

It's certainly 'time' for something good to happen - the defense needs to get into a better mode that's for sure - getting these guys back can only help :up:
Robert Griffin needs to step it up and play QB - he's got the talent he needs to make it happen

RGIII - week 1 - it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great - growing pains is all

HAIL

week 1 = 8-8

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Two weeks for everyone to heal up. We get back Jackson and Jenkins. Coming off a win. RG3 should be that much more healthy. Yes it looks good. :up:
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm looking forward to getting these guys back on the defense. We can use the depth and I'd love to see Rob Jackson on the outside for coverage and let Orakpo put his hand in the dirt and get after the QB.

Any update on Tavaris Jackson? I know it's kind of a long shot, but getting him back would certainly be a welcomed addition to the secondary.
"Givin'em the Business!"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:45 pm

I think RG3 is 'healthy' physically - IMO he's not 'ready' - his mechanics are not like we saw and his timing is not great either ...

not sure what it is but he's just like a bunch of other players and coaches - they need to get back into playing/coaching at the level that they are capable of
Robert Griffin needs to step it up and play QB - he's got the talent he needs to make it happen

RGIII - week 1 - it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great - growing pains is all

HAIL

week 1 = 8-8

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:18 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I think RG3 is 'healthy' physically - IMO he's not 'ready' - his mechanics are not like we saw and his timing is not great either ...

not sure what it is but he's just like a bunch of other players and coaches - they need to get back into playing/coaching at the level that they are capable of

I could be wrong Skinsjock, but it could be because he isn't the running threat he was, he can't spread the D like he used to.

Let us face it. When he was in school people feared his run. In the NFL same thing. Until he can burn them with the run he has to do it the old fashioned way. No more getting people to bite for a run if he doesn't.

On to other things. Rob can cover but Rak really can't. Rak can sack, Rob isn't that pressure guy. Jarvis can hold his own. Gold is just a back up.

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 pm

44diesel wrote:Any update on Tavaris Jackson? I know it's kind of a long shot, but getting him back would certainly be a welcomed addition to the secondary.

I think you mean Tanard. :)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Mississippi Hog wrote:
44diesel wrote:Any update on Tavaris Jackson? I know it's kind of a long shot, but getting him back would certainly be a welcomed addition to the secondary.

With Goodell in Mara's back pocket, I wouldn't expect to see Tanard Jackson play in a Skins uniform again.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:32 am

Mississippi Hog wrote:

Oops! You are correct. :oops:
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:57 am

44diesel wrote:I'm looking forward to getting these guys back on the defense. We can use the depth and I'd love to see Rob Jackson on the outside for coverage and let Orakpo put his hand in the dirt and get after the QB.

Any update on Tavaris Jackson? I know it's kind of a long shot, but getting him back would certainly be a welcomed addition to the secondary.

For a second I thought Dallas had signed Tavaris Jackson as their backup, haha.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:34 am

Am I the only one who would rather see Jackson & Kerrigan instead of Jackson & Orakpo?
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:38 am

Keep Orakpo in... let Jackson play SS. Can't be any worse... and we know he can tackle...

I'm only half joking...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:45 am

5 linebackers huh? Worth a shot. Play to your strengths, right? 8)
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Hooligan wrote:Am I the only one who would rather see Jackson & Kerrigan instead of Jackson & Orakpo?

God I hope so.

Why on earth would Jackson be starting, period? Jackson and Jenkins (brandon) are subs, to spell Orakpo and Kerrigan or in certain packages to play with them.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Hooligan wrote:Am I the only one who would rather see Jackson & Kerrigan instead of Jackson & Orakpo?

God I hope so.

Why on earth would Jackson be starting, period?

Because to a certain section of this fan base, the best players on the team always seem to be the ones who aren't on the field. e.x. If we'd just start Colt Brennan, we would definitely be winning! Cut D-Hall now so Chase Minnifield can save this season!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football