Jim Haslett and the defense or lack there of.....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:10 pm

Denver scares the crap outta me.. I'm not sure how you can't be scared when you see what Peyton is able to do against these defenses he's played so far. . . and let's face it, our defense isn't exactly that top 5 4-3 defense we had a few years back.

If Denv. doesn't scare you bro, you are the man! :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Countertrey wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
masterkwon wrote:What a year for Denver to have the NFC East on their schedule. It's like a gift of four byes. They may hang 200 points on the division. They are already at 93 and Dallas is up next week.

Remember in 2007 when Brady hung 52 on Washington? With this defense it may be deja vu all over again, compliments of Peyton. The secondary may call in sick that week.

Denver doesn't scare me. There I said it. And it won't be a blowout like everyone is predicting.

Denver scares the hell out of me; the rest of the schedule, not so much.

That being said, I do think we can beat the Broncos. Would I bet any money on it... not a chance.

I have a good feeling about the Broncos game for some reason. I think they'll be undefeated when we face them, be riding that "undefeated season" high and we'll catch them by surprise.
1: The Redskins have never been the team that catches a superior team napping...
2: It's Peyton Manning... the man is obsessive in his pursuit of perfection... he does not have... nor does he tolerate among his team mates... letdowns.

Please don't hold your breath.

I have to disagree on both fronts, CT.
1. We always seem to beat the team that eventually goes on to win the SB, even in years when we have wins that can be counted on one hand. Then we lose the next week to some perennial doormat.
2. He's great, no doubt, but if he and his team didn't have letdowns, he'd have three or four rings by now.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 am

Countertrey wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
masterkwon wrote:What a year for Denver to have the NFC East on their schedule. It's like a gift of four byes. They may hang 200 points on the division. They are already at 93 and Dallas is up next week.

Remember in 2007 when Brady hung 52 on Washington? With this defense it may be deja vu all over again, compliments of Peyton. The secondary may call in sick that week.

Denver doesn't scare me. There I said it. And it won't be a blowout like everyone is predicting.

That being said, I do think we can beat the Broncos. Would I bet any money on it... not a chance.

I have a good feeling about the Broncos game for some reason. I think they'll be undefeated when we face them, be riding that "undefeated season" high and we'll catch them by surprise.
1: The Redskins have never been the team that catches a superior team napping...
2: It's Peyton Manning... the man is obsessive in his pursuit of perfection... he does not have... nor does he tolerate among his team mates... letdowns.

1. Until this year.
2. What happened in Denver last year against Baltimore?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:43 am

1: Only when that team is the Giants. (We SHOULD have beaten the Ravens last year, and we did... that was NOT a case of "catching a team napping")
2: Manning DOES NOT generally lose to teams that they SHOULD beat handily. You generally do not play inferior teams in the Superbowl... (again, unless that team is the Giants) <anybody see a pattern here?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Countertrey wrote:1: Only when that team is the Giants. (We SHOULD have beaten the Ravens last year, and we did... that was NOT a case of "catching a team napping")
2: Manning DOES NOT generally lose to teams that they SHOULD beat handily. You generally do not play inferior teams in the Superbowl... (again, unless that team is the Giants) <anybody see a pattern here?

No.

Manning seems to choke a lot in the playoffs. He lost to JOE FLACCO and the Ravens, a team that should have never even been in that game. Denver concerns me no more or less than the Dallas game coming up.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:29 am

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

I have to disagree on both fronts, CT.
1. We always seem to beat the team that eventually goes on to win the SB, even in years when we have wins that can be counted on one hand. Then we lose the next week to some perennial doormat.
2. He's great, no doubt, but if he and his team didn't have letdowns, he'd have three or four rings by now.

This!

Pats, Packers, Giants, Ravens... I'm just going off recent memory but it seems like we do have a thing for beating eventual SB teams.

Someone should let Denver know this...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:43 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Denver scares the crap outta me.. I'm not sure how you can't be scared when you see what Peyton is able to do against these defenses he's played so far. . . and let's face it, our defense isn't exactly that top 5 4-3 defense we had a few years back.

I'd love to see us shock the world with a victory over Denver. They're looking damn scary though.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:04 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Denver scares the crap outta me.. I'm not sure how you can't be scared when you see what Peyton is able to do against these defenses he's played so far. . . and let's face it, our defense isn't exactly that top 5 4-3 defense we had a few years back.

I'd love to see us shock the world with a victory over Denver. They're looking damn scary though.
I'd love it too... I'm just not going to hold my breath... pardon me if I hope for the best... but expect something less...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Countertrey wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:

I'd love it too... I'm just not going to hold my breath... pardon me if I hope for the best... but expect something less...

Right there with you.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Countertrey wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:

Logic and evidence at its best. :(

Not too difficult ... a team at its highest ... another team at a low point.

Things will even out ... next season ... once RGIII recovers fully and we get out of the Mara-HELL cap penalty. :explode:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 am

Watching that game last night....Falcons vs the Jets....I was impressed once again with how good defensive play calling can impact a game. Sure you need horses...but we have some horses on defense. Rex Ryan's D applied pressure from the get go against the Falcons O.....and forced an experienced QB, with weapons, into quick throws. I did see missed tackles....but by in large, the Jets shut down the run and limited damage on pass plays.

Will be interesting to see how our DC approaches the Falcons when we visit not-so-hot Atlanta this season....
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:40 pm

rskin72 wrote:Watching that game last night....Falcons vs the Jets....I was impressed once again with how good defensive play calling can impact a game. Sure you need horses...but we have some horses on defense. Rex Ryan's D applied pressure from the get go against the Falcons O.....and forced an experienced QB, with weapons, into quick throws. I did see missed tackles....but by in large, the Jets shut down the run and limited damage on pass plays.

Will be interesting to see how our DC approaches the Falcons when we visit not-so-hot Atlanta this season....

If Atlanta kicks the FG at the half, instead of going for the TD, they win that game.

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:04 am

Deadskins wrote:
rskin72 wrote:Watching that game last night....Falcons vs the Jets....I was impressed once again with how good defensive play calling can impact a game. Sure you need horses...but we have some horses on defense. Rex Ryan's D applied pressure from the get go against the Falcons O.....and forced an experienced QB, with weapons, into quick throws. I did see missed tackles....but by in large, the Jets shut down the run and limited damage on pass plays.

If Atlanta kicks the FG at the half, instead of going for the TD, they win that game.

You can't say that, because those points would have changed how the second half posted out.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:40 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

You can't say that, because those points would have changed how the second half posted out.

Yeah, because NY would have had to score a TD instead of kicking the FG. :roll:

Are you honestly saying the teams would have taken different strategies (other than the final drive) in the second half over a three point swing?

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Yeah, because NY would have had to score a TD instead of kicking the FG. :roll:

Are you honestly saying the teams would have taken different strategies (other than the final drive) in the second half over a three point swing?

Yes, that is what I'm saying. May everything have played out exactly the same... possibly. But most likely things would have changed.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football