Legit and realistic prediction

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:42 pm

let me clarify - I am not suggesting that this year's record is not a factor - it is!
my point is more that this year's team is ('on paper') better than the team we had last year ... AND ... we have yet to see them play at the level that this year's team is capable of

I think that is going to happen and I look for a number of players to really lift their games and play at a much better level than we've seen so far :lol:

I also look for the DC and OC to do a better job getting ready for the pukes :roll:
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:10 am

SkinsJock wrote:let me clarify - I am not suggesting that this year's record is not a factor - it is!
my point is more that this year's team is ('on paper') better than the team we had last year ... AND ... we have yet to see them play at the level that this year's team is capable of

I think that is going to happen and I look for a number of players to really lift their games and play at a much better level than we've seen so far :lol:

I also look for the DC and OC to do a better job getting ready for the pukes :roll:

This team "on paper" may be better, however having a 1 legged QB that is no longer a threat, that also makes this offense one dimensional pretty much proves that on paper means nothing. Heck how many teams have we had "on paper" made us Super Bowl Champions in May and June? Let's face facts that with a normal drop back passer this team is mediocre at best and having Jim Haslett as our Defensive Coordinator doesn't help matters either.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:08 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:let me clarify - I am not suggesting that this year's record is not a factor - it is!

This team "on paper" may be better, however having a 1 legged QB that is no longer a threat, that also makes this offense one dimensional pretty much proves that on paper means nothing. Heck how many teams have we had "on paper" made us Super Bowl Champions in May and June? Let's face facts that with a normal drop back passer this team is mediocre at best and having Jim Haslett as our Defensive Coordinator doesn't help matters either.

It pains me to think it, but the above post is exactly right about our offense, which I think was shown in the preseason when we moved the ball with Pat White but not Grossman. We need a running RG3. We also need a competitive defense. The Raider game proved nothing about our D, Any team in the NFL could have stopped them.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:47 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

It pains me to think it, but the above post is exactly right about our offense, which I think was shown in the preseason when we moved the ball with Pat White but not Grossman. We need a running RG3. We also need a competitive defense. The Raider game proved nothing about our D, Any team in the NFL could have stopped them.

We moved the ball just fine with Kirk Cousins in the preseason.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:53 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

Let me correct this for you.

lol. In the freaking preseason.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:01 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

Yes we did BECAUSE KIRK COUSINS IS A DROP BACK QB, RG1-3 isn't and MAY NOT EVER BE...... :shock:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:17 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Yes we did BECAUSE KIRK COUSINS IS A DROP BACK QB, RG1-3 isn't and MAY NOT EVER BE...... :shock:

Our defense was awesome in the preseason too.

Its so weird that Pat White isn't on the team any longer. He was so awesome in the preseason.

I really can't believe we are 1-3 right now. We were 4-0. In the preseason.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:33 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

I may have been an investment partner for an ill, wealthy Nigerian prince who has no relatives in pre-season.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:36 am

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Yes we did BECAUSE KIRK COUSINS IS A DROP BACK QB, RG1-3 isn't and MAY NOT EVER BE...... :shock:

Our defense was awesome in the preseason too.

Its so weird that Pat White isn't on the team any longer. He was so awesome in the preseason.

I really can't believe we are 1-3 right now. We were 4-0. In the preseason.

I would not call our defense awesome in the preseason by any means. In regards to Pat not being on the team, I think that has more to do with RG's confidence and not having us fans scream to put Pat in to run the read option. When you have a 1 year QB coming back with NO PRESEASON, you have a defense that has ranked between 28th and 31st the ENTIRE time the defensive coordinator has been here and started 2 rookies in an already bad secondary did you really think we would not be better? Really?? The fact for me is offenses have shown how bad Jim Haslett is and HAS BEEN and with no threat to have our QB run, made us one dimensional, exactly what Shanahan preaches for us to win, to make our opponents one dimensional. The only good thing is our division STINKS and IF RG can stop lying to himself and can get that knee back to where it needs to be, we have a chance to win the division, but don't fool yourself, we are mediocre at best and all the roster will need to play above it's skillset to have a winning record.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:37 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

Well, except the Jaguars.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:40 am

emoses14 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

Well, except the Jaguars.

I tend to think Jacksonville would give us more trouble than Oakland did, at least they have Blackmon coming back and haven't even used Robinson as they should..If those two line up in the same game against our defense, we would be in a world of hurt.....

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:58 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

You missed the point. He said we moved the ball in the preseason with White because of White's ability to run, and that Griffin needs to do the same. Cousins did not run, and we moved the ball. Yes it was preseason. But we don't need Griffin to run to move the ball.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:00 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

You missed the point. He said we moved the ball in the preseason with White because of White's ability to run, and that Griffin needs to do the same. Cousins did not run, and we moved the ball. Yes it was preseason. But we don't need Griffin to run to move the ball.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:11 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:You missed the point. He said we moved the ball in the preseason with White because of White's ability to run, and that Griffin needs to do the same. Cousins did not run, and we moved the ball. Yes it was preseason. But we don't need Griffin to run to move the ball.

You're kidding, right? You're going to compare Pat White in the 4th of quarter of the third preseason game against the Bills to RGIII playing in the first quarter of a regular season game against the Packers. In Lambeau.

No, I didn't miss this point. There wasn't any point to be made.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:12 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

Thank you for pointing that out, but I respond that since RG isn't the drop back passer and since the starters are playing all game on the other teams defense, I think we do need to have RG run the ball because at this juncture in his career HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DROP BACK CONSISTENTLY AND BEAT TEAMS. Sorry but that is evident in the 3 games we lost and pretty much evident in the game we barely won.......

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football