Josh Gordon

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
G4L

Josh Gordon

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Browns want a second round pick for J.Gordon. I'd give that, we need playmakers
HAIL

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Browns want a second round pick for J.Gordon. I'd give that, we need playmakers

I would if we could defer that pick to the 2015 draft. If they wanted next year's second I would say no.

I would swap Kirk for him if they were to throw in a third.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:51 pm

What about trying to get J. Byrd from the Bills? They franchised him, but can't come to a long term deal. What would he be worth that they may need?

Hog

Postby gregory smith » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Trade Fred Davis for either one of these guys.

Hog

Postby gregory smith » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Trade Fred Davis for either one of these guys.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:21 pm

gregory smith wrote:Trade Fred Davis for either one of these guys.

Davis for Gordon or Byrd???? -drinking

If the CLE or BUF GM is willing to make that trade, I've got a cousin who's a Nigerian price I'd like to introduce him to for a couple business deals. Especially when CLE has one of the best TEs in the NFL......

Jordon was the 33rd pick in LAST YEARS draft; Byrd is a 2X pro bowler --- and you think we're going to get one of them for an injury-prone, underperforming TE?

I hope that was a joke.

Davis is basically worthless on the open market.

Outside of Davis :roll: , I don't think we should use our draft picks. We need every single one of them. We need to take our lumps this season, sign a WR and FS to fill the void and build with the 2nd round pick. I hope ownership doesn't continue to make the same mistakes they've been making over the past 2 decades. Instead, lets keep the picks --- like most top tier teams do --- and BUILD a team from the draft.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby gregory smith » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Buffalo tried to sign Davis during free agency.
Byrd has injury concerns.
It would certainly be worth a phone call to gauge the interest and see what it would take.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:58 pm

gregory smith wrote:Buffalo tried to sign Davis during free agency.
Byrd has injury concerns.
It would certainly be worth a phone call to gauge the interest and see what it would take.
Seriously???? Apparently you haven't been watching the games... Davis IS NOT tradable at the moment.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:33 pm

These guys are like a lot of fans that obviously went to the Dan Snyder school - 'the grass is always greener' approach and 'we'd be a better team if we could just add this guy and get rid of that guy' :lol:

give me a break - our problems are not totally that we don't have playmakers or good players - our biggest problem is the guys we've got are not playing as well as they can

the salary cap thing hurt us a lot and we're a mediocre team in a mediocre division - we're not going to suddenly become a playoff winning team - we need time to get there - these guys are doing well with what we have considering what Mara and Goodell put together

these coaches and players need to start putting it together a little better than we've seen

This is NOT fantasy f***ing football - this is the NFL and you do NOT get better play out of your team by doing what Snyder and Cerrato did
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby gregory smith » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:02 pm

1) I'm not talking about a trade that would pay dividends this season. I'm talking about upgrading the team.
2) I'm not talking about an even trade.
3) The Bill's courted Fred during the offseason, they would probably see some value there.
4) If we got 7th round value toward the trade that's better than watching him leave in free agency and getting nothing in return.
5) Does that sound like fantasy football? Trent Richardson to the colts? Trades happen. Davis and a pick for Byrd isn't ridiculous. It may be a higher pick than we are willing to give, but it's worth a call.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:25 pm

gregory smith wrote:1) I'm not talking about a trade that would pay dividends this season. I'm talking about upgrading the team.
2) I'm not talking about an even trade.
3) The Bill's courted Fred during the offseason, they would probably see some value there.
4) If we got 7th round value toward the trade that's better than watching him leave in free agency and getting nothing in return.
5) Does that sound like fantasy football? Trent Richardson to the colts? Trades happen. Davis and a pick for Byrd isn't ridiculous. It may be a higher pick than we are willing to give, but it's worth a call.

The Trent Richardson trade was a surprise... but will ultimately be viewed as brilliant by the Colts... OTOH... thinking that the Bills, who HAD interest in Davis, thinking he would be as good as new at the start of the season, would STILL have interest after seeing the product on the field, at this time... is... just weird... I once made an offer on a very nice Camaro, which was rebuffed... after wrecking it, the guy actually thought I might still want it... LOL...

Hog

Postby gregory smith » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Ok, thanks. I get it. You're saying that a team wanting to trade a player wouldn't credit the trade partner with as much as a 7 for Davis.

Hog

Postby gregory smith » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Ok, thanks. I get it. You're saying that a team wanting to trade a player wouldn't credit the trade partner with as much as a 7 for Davis.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:10 pm

gregory smith wrote:Ok, thanks. I get it. You're saying that a team wanting to trade a player wouldn't credit the trade partner with as much as a 7 for Davis.
I suspect you are being deliberately obtuse.
I am saying that AT THIS TIME, no one is going to make a serious counteroffer to a proposal to trade Fred Davis... and a 7 is not a serious offer... OTOH, they would LAUGH at a straight trade for Byrd, which, despite your backpedalling to a 7th rounder, is what you originally suggested...

Hog

Postby gregory smith » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:40 pm

I should have been more specific I suppose. I would never have considered Byrd for Davis as an even trade. Fred will be gone come free agency and we will receive nothing. Thanks again for the enlightenment. You're so awesome!

Return to General Manager's Office