Legit and realistic prediction

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:20 am

RG3's play at QB is definitely getting better but he's not playing as well as he can and while part of that is due to some changes in the game plan, part of it is also due to his mechanics and how he 'feels' IMO
I am not unhappy about RG3 at all - I think he's fine ... I just know that he's got a lot more in the tank

fact is, the whole team can (and will) play better :lol:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:33 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Why is rgiii to blame for the d giving up more yards then almost any team ever? He td to int ratio isn't the best but its faaaaar from the worst. Some people act like we are seeing him play like Eli right now. If your expectations weren't reasonable coming into the season that's on you.... Putting up over 300 yards every game besides one w no preseason (games, first team reps, full contact drills, film review after games- a lot more then just the 5-7 quarters some think he only missed) and not injuring a leg he has to still be wary about is about as much as I could ask for. His timing has improved every week, his trust in the knee, his pocket awareness, his scrambling... He even kept the ball last week on a read option play.
For those that expected the best qb performance ever week one coming off an injury that serious, you deserve to be disappointed. We all had hopebut yall start to sound like the media harping on him... He's far from the worst in the NFL and still the best qb we've had in decades AS IS. The only better play weve had was from him last year. Bob will be fine, as for unrealistic expectations- I predict he will set the bar higher every week... Hopefully he starts w a repeat of turkey day at dullass next wek!

I don't think anyone thinks RGIII is responsible for our D. But he is 100% responsible for our limp offense.

I think most people's expectations (at least mine) were set by what we/they were being TOLD by RGIII and the franchise about RGIII's health and progress (coupled with his output last year). And RGIII wasn't putting up 300+ yards last season. I don't care about his numbers as much as his ability to make plays and be a "playmaker". That said, if RGIII is truly going to become a "pocket-passer" he better up his passing #s in order to make up for what he did with his legs. If he stays "as is" (ie, the past 4 games), he'll be gone by 2016.

If RGIII is worried about injuring his leg, he shouldn't be playing.

I personally didn't expect him to have a "the best qb performance every week" --- but I didn't expect him to be dead last out of all starting (not benched or replacing a benched player) QBs in QBR this season either......... "As is" he is not the best QB we've in decades (Rypien and Johnson were better) --- and the others isn't saying much........ Improvement needs to be had, and I agree it will come slow and steady.

That said, don't get the wrong idea --- I personally believe this weekend will be the "turn-around" game for RGIII. I have a feeling we'll start to see him make "the turn" against DAL (at least hopefully).
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:42 pm

markshark84 wrote:I don't think anyone thinks RGIII is responsible for our D. But he is 100% responsible for our limp offense.

Please! :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:00 pm

markshark84 wrote:I personally believe this weekend will be the "turn-around" game for RGIII. I have a feeling we'll start to see him make "the turn" against DAL (at least hopefully).

Your earlier "100% on him" hyperbole aside... I think he started to turn the corner in the Detroit game...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:36 pm

13-3

HTTR
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:02 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:13-3

HTTR

I'll have what he's drinking.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:03 am

Countertrey wrote:
markshark84 wrote:I personally believe this weekend will be the "turn-around" game for RGIII. I have a feeling we'll start to see him make "the turn" against DAL (at least hopefully).

Your earlier "100% on him" hyperbole aside... I think he started to turn the corner in the Detroit game...

Agreed. Kept it going in Oakland, too. Be interesting to see how the narrative of this year changes, if at all, if he continues his improved play against Ttit. Especially if Skins win.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:05 am

emoses14 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Agreed. Kept it going in Oakland, too. Be interesting to see how the narrative of this year changes, if at all, if he continues his improved play against Ttit. Especially if Skins win.

Oh man, if RGIII beats Dallas on Sunday, you know exactly what the narrative will be on Monday morning.

RGIII COMEBACK!

FRANCHISE QB RGIII!

HEALED!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:22 am

riggofan wrote: ... Oh man, if RGIII beats Dallas on Sunday, you know exactly what the narrative will be on Monday morning.

RGIII COMEBACK! ... FRANCHISE QB RGIII! ... HEALED!!!

:D ain't it the truth ...

I'm looking for more from our offense and our defense ... I think that RG3 will continue to evolve into the playmaker and 'type' of QB that Kyle and Mike want - this is a kid with a lot of talent and a lot of 'football smarts'

we are hurting a little as a team because of the Mara cap BS but I'm still hopeful that we will continue to see better play - it can't get much worse, can it

1 game at a time - BEAT DALLAS
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:26 pm

riggofan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Oh man, if RGIII beats Dallas on Sunday, you know exactly what the narrative will be on Monday morning.

RGIII COMEBACK!

FRANCHISE QB RGIII!

HEALED!!!

Wouldn't that be correct? However, if RGIII played well, it would be more of a recovery and not a comeback.

RGIII was a franchise QB last year. He still has that ability; it's just a recovery process --- but that doesn't mean our offensive issues don't stem from the fact he's not performing at the level he was last year.

He's still our franchise; he's just not playing well. And improvement/recoery aren't gauranteed. Besides, if I really thought RGIII was done, you'd know it -- it would be similar to my Jason Campbell posts from 2007-2009.
Last edited by markshark84 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:I don't think anyone thinks RGIII is responsible for our D. But he is 100% responsible for our limp offense.

Great response. You sure know how to support your opinions :roll:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:52 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Great response. You sure know how to support your opinions :roll:

Likewise.

I gave all the response your opinion deserved.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:34 pm

I think he looked little more comfortable in Detroit, looked 80% more comfortable in Oakland (legs+decision making with his arm) I am more curious to see how much better he'll be after 2 weeks. Everyone else will come around give it time.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:35 pm

I think he looked little more comfortable in Detroit, looked 80% more comfortable in Oakland (legs+decision making with his arm) I am more curious to see how much better he'll be after 2 weeks. Everyone else will come around give it time.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:20 pm

though some are 'determined' that RG3 is still getting better - it's a FACT- his 'recovery' was complete before the season began :lol:

I do look for more progress from him in getting 'comfortable' with the way that Mike and Kyle want him to play QB this year :lol:

I look for the whole team to be really up and ready to give the pukes notice that we are still the best in the NFC East :lol:

that about covers it from this mildly optimistic fan :twisted:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football