Im enjoying the lack of media attention towards RG3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 am

SkinsJock wrote:sorry DaSkinz - I just think you're over the top on this ... I agree that RG3 has not been as effective at running the offense as last year but I agree with JSPB - I don't think it's all to do with his not being "100% healthy" or 'as fast' as he used to be

I think this kid is a special talent at QB and he's trying to be the QB that Kyle and Mike want this year rather than what we saw last year where Kyle and Mike devised an offense that suited what RG3 had done in college
this year with the change in rules and Kyle/Mike wanting a different variation in the offensive game planning, we are seeing a RG3 that is 'struggling' to be something that he's not that 'comfortable' with ... YET
the offense will get better and we'll soon all see RG3 back to showing off his world class speed to extend plays or get some extra yards

RG3 did NOT get 'slower' because of the injury or the operation - when you have the ability to run like he does you do not become a 'slow' runner as you are implying - you have it or you don't - I believe RG3 still has it

Skinsjock RGIII is a special talent, I agree 100000% I just can't see a way to understand or interpret the reason to "fix what isn't broken" to totally go away from what you did best to win the division and to have a second year rookie coming off a major surgery undue everything that makes him a threat to try to turn him into Brady or Manning and it's not injury OR injury related seems stupid, retarded and simply unthinkable. But who knows maybe I am over the top, maybe your over the top or maybe we are both over the top and dead wrong on all our assumptions and opinions. Maybe last year just meant so much to me that seeing the same old lame, tired pathetic team that I have seen prior to last year has me paranoid. Maybe I need to back away from the ledge and hit the nearest liquor store and drink myself into oblivion and hope that whatever bass ackward path Shanny has us on doesn't get to be as bad as I fear, but even if it does, there is always Madden 25 to play...... :lol: :lol:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:27 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I just can't see a way to understand or interpret the reason to "fix what isn't broken" to totally go away from what you did best to win the division

The rule changes and defensive adjustments are the reason. RGIII would get hit on every play if we tried to run the read option as much as we did last year. I don't think you want that, do you?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I just can't see a way to understand or interpret the reason to "fix what isn't broken" to totally go away from what you did best to win the division

The rule changes and defensive adjustments are the reason. RGIII would get hit on every play if we tried to run the read option as much as we did last year. I don't think you want that, do you?

I thought that as long as he makes it known he is a defenseless player or holds his hands up he can't be hit......Is that not the case???

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:42 am

Deadskins wrote:

I don't understand why there is any great mystery to this. All season long last year fans and media complained that the Shanahans were going to get RGIII killed if they continued using him the way they were. To prove their point, he ended up getting hurt. Twice.

I'm not saying RGIII has to be or even can be a traditional pocket passer. But if we want to keep him on the field, its no big surprise that we need to change what we were doing last year at least a little bit.

Deadskins point about defenses learning to defend the read option better is 100% right too.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:55 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I thought that as long as he makes it known he is a defenseless player or holds his hands up he can't be hit......Is that not the case???

Yes, but you're not going to fool many people into thinking you still have the ball when you throw your hands up and make it known you are defenseless.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:57 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I don't understand why there is any great mystery to this. All season long last year fans and media complained that the Shanahans were going to get RGIII killed if they continued using him the way they were. To prove their point, he ended up getting hurt. Twice.

I'm not saying RGIII has to be or even can be a traditional pocket passer. But if we want to keep him on the field, its no big surprise that we need to change what we were doing last year at least a little bit.

Deadskins point about defenses learning to defend the read option better is 100% right too.

The two plays where he got hurt were passes where he scrambled, not read option designed runs.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

The two plays where he got hurt were passes where he scrambled, not read option designed runs.

This seems even more of a reason for me to scratch my head as to all of a sudden turning a duel threat QB into a drop back arm chair QB. We are taking away what makes us a dangerous team and further exposing our shortcomings. Sorry but our offensive line isn't good enough for consistent pass protection....... :roll:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:33 pm

The NFL went to great lengths to make sure that offenses and defenses were aware that the refs would look at a QB as a runner and not as a QB this season ...
offenses have had to adapt to this - the Redskins have not 'adapted' as quickly as we'd all like

we still have RG3 as our QB and he will be the best Redskins QB ever - how lucky are we :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football