Help me understand what just happened...???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Sarcastic Hog

Help me understand what just happened...???

Postby skinz74 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:28 pm

Please forgive my typing, because that game caused me to drink about 8 mich ultras in 30 minutes. Defense played well the first half, minus the 80 yard bomb (thanks Ohalete.) I'm having trouble accepting the fact that we just lost that game. We owned that game up until the beginning of the 4th quarter. That double linebacker into the same slot handed Williams that touchdown. I created swear words I don't think have ever landed upon human ears before today. Tim Hasselbeck played brilliantely. Rod had yet another CRITICAL drop that could have been a touchdown. McCants stepped up and played very well. My boy Patrick Johnson played very well (minus the muff which cost the game.) And even Dung ran the ball suprisingly well. So explain to me again HOW WE JUST LOST THAT GAME!!!!! And to see them celebrating in those hideous ORANGE costumes made me wanna vomit. I apologize, maybe I should post this in the smack section. I just thought we had that one in the bag. Spurrier is supposed to have some type of interview on sportscenter after the game. I have ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE to hear what he has to say. I'm sure It'll be posted at Washingtonpost and I can go fight off the popups and read it there. Have to get up early tomorrow, so I bid the adeau. Here's to having a record that is ONLY ONE GAME OFF what the CARDINALS record is. I think I'm gonna bury my head in the sand now...

;furious; :puke: :explode:
Last edited by skinz74 on Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:06 am

Actually - the 80 yard bomb was on Terrell with Bowen taking a bad pursuit angle to miss the tackle after the catch was made.

The two guys in the same slot was Trotter and Ohalete with Bowen being out of position due to covering the deep pass routes.

Rod sux - bench him. McCants didn't do that well and PJ was the one that screwed up the punt at the end.

I don't know what to do at this point... players that step up one game suck on the next - none of our guys seems to be able to consistently put together a good season. I am very depressed about the fate of the team even hitting 8-8 now.

Damn.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:31 am

Our safeties were awful yesterday.

Bowen looked like a high schooler on his lanes and Ohalete was... well, just Ohalete.

Saw our all world CB get beat a few more times too.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:06 am

That long pass over the middle to Chambers was Champ "I am the best in the...oh crap" Bailey getting burnt again.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby skins75 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:20 pm

I was at the game last night and feel just emotionally battered. Without trying to sound redundant there a few things that I would like to say:

David Terrell

Although he plays very hard he can not cover to save his life. What an awful play on the ball that McKnight took 80 yards. The pick did not make up for it because it was Lavar who made that play.

Matt Bowen

Well what can I say...a few games ago I thought I was going to have to eat my words from previous posts but the last two games he has been just plain awful. The kind of angle he took on the McKnight TD and the Ricky TD were just mistakes that a pro safety should not be making.

Ohalete

3rd and 15 and you decide to hack McMichael in the end zone on a ball that would not have been caught regardless of coverage. A possible field goal try turns into 7 points and a momentum shift.

Zeron Flemister

The guy just sucks. He cant catch the freakin ball. The ball wouldnt have even be punted to PJ if Flemister makes the catch on our last drive giving us a first down in Dolphin territory. Another lost chance not capitalizing on great field position due to Mortons return.

Rod "Rockhands" Gardner

Just to keep consistent Gardner drops a perfectly thrown TD pass and we have to settle for a field goal.

After the game I just sat there with my head in my lap listening to the crowd cheer and couldnt help but feel bad for Hasselback, LC, and Lavar who played thier hearts out only to have overpaid athletes with no heart lose them a game that they fought so hard to win.

I will tell you one thing Fins fans are lousy. Growing up with a father as a Redskin season ticket holder I attended many many games and cant think of a time that my father would allow me to boo MY team. I know that their are fans like this in every stadium but not the entire fan base. This crowd was awful until Fiedler came in. Although I yell at idividual players I dont understand the concept of booing your team. What the hell does that do for morale?

One positive note is that we have two talented young QB's and when was the last time we could say that.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:43 pm

Good post Skins75... can't disagree with any of that... and thanks for reliving the nightmare for the sake of posting it. :lol:

... I hear a lot of boos at Fed Ex these days too though.

redskinsmiley

I think Bowen had a (real) bad game but can fill one safety role if we can land another good one (instead of If I only had a Laitte). He makes mistakes out there, but there are elements to the system that contribute to that as has been discussed ad nauseum.
Last edited by BossHog on Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:45 pm

Where is Chamberlain????
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:53 pm

I seen a flash of Chamberlain out there, though momentarily. Need to get that guy more involved in the system. He musta p*ssed someone off to be blackballed the way he has...

damn

Postby ryan56 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:56 pm

oh well... this season is summed up in one way.... ur either havin fun or u need a gun

swine

Re: damn

Postby skinsNut » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:38 pm

ryan56 wrote:oh well... this season is summed up in one way.... ur either havin fun or u need a gun

ROTFALMAO

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!

Oh man... that's funny. Stop it! That nearly made me smile on a Monday after a loss.
Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football