October 14, Redskins VS Cowboys, Which team will win?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Redskins
75%
Cowboys
25%

Total votes : 12

Postby stellaisabel » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:30 am

Image Image Image :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
NO Links in signatures becuase clicking the one that was removed sends you to my site, where I sell cheap jerseys - nfljerseysoutlet.info

Postby stellaisabel » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:29 am

Dallas is coming off a heartbreaking loss to the Broncos after scoring 48 pts. I think that this team could be emotionally deflated, especially playing on a Sunday night, and having to wait all day to face the Skins.

While this game is at home for the Cowboys, the Redskins are coming off a bye and have had plenty of time to game plan for the Cowboys.

Keys to the Game:

RG3 vs. Tono Romo

Romo just had the game of his life, and really showed what he can do as a QB, but his historic blunders late in the game continue to haunt him. Throwing an INT with less than 2 minutes to go sealed the win for the Broncos.

The Redskins are getting back Rob Jackson this week, who also intercepted a Tony Romo pass last year to seal the NFC East for the Redskins.

RG3 has been improving since week 1 and will continue to improve as his confidence in his knee improves. With a week off before this game, there is a lot of pressure for the Skins to win now. RG3 will be ready and will be rested.

Redskins secondary vs. Dallas WR's

The Redskins secondary has been abused a lot so far this season, so what is to say that its not going to happen again. Look at what Romo did against Denver. The Skins have a lot of young talent in the secondary and people coming off injury who are healthy and playing for the first time, in a long time. DeAngelo Hall needs to step up and shut down Dez Bryant.

Miles Austin may or may not be ready to go which leaves Terrance Williams and Dwayne Harris. Two potential threats that can stretch the field and really create match up problems.

Haslett needs to come down out of the box and coach from the sidelines.

The Redskins need to generate a pass rush to keep Romo off balance. Press the WR's and not give them any time to get in a rhythm. Easier said that done against the Cowboys, but the Skins have to create disruption.

Alfred Morris vs. DeMarco Murray

I think that its obvious that the Redskins cannot let DeMarco Murray get to the 2nd level. On the same side, the Redskins have to get Morris more involved. Get him on the edge with stretch and zone reads to seal off the Ware and Spencer so Morris can get to the second level.

If Alfred Morris can get going, the Redskins can control the clock and keep Romo off the field. That will also disrupt their rhythm.

Penalties

The Redskins and Cowboys are about equal in the amount of penalties they each get per game (6.5 : 6.0) so its going to come down to who is playing mistake free football. If the Redskins can limit their penalties on offense like holding and false starts, they can get into a good rhythm and the Redskins will not be forced into bad situations.

The Redskins simply cannot give the Cowboys field position.

I personally did not expect the Cowboys to give the Broncos a run for their money, but Romo did what Romo does best. He gave the game away late in the 4th quarter.

If the game is close, look for Romo to feel the pressure and a big play to happen.

After an emotional loss like that to the Broncos, laying everything out there, I think that the Cowboys come out flat.

After coming off a bye, I look for the Redskins to be refreshed, with a clear game plan and a confident RG3 under center. If Morris gets involved early and often, it could be a long day for the Cowboys offense sitting on the bench.

Redskins 24
Cowboys 23
NO Links in signatures becuase clicking the one that was removed sends you to my site, where I sell cheap jerseys - nfljerseysoutlet.info

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:40 am

stellaisabel wrote:Haslett needs to come down out of the box and coach from the sidelines.

I've been thinking the same thing.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Were there some cowboys fans voting for their team?

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:10 pm

How the pies got any votes?
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Were there some cowboys fans voting for their team?

No need when you have folks like this:

crazyhorse1 wrote:Sad to so, Romo will feast on our defense and the offense is still not up to making up for it. Tomorrow will be a terrible day.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:31 pm

FU(K DALLAS!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:34 am

I voted for the Skins. I even predicted them to win earlier. I can honestly say it's because I am being a blind homer.

This could turn very ugly early. I really hope we keep it a close one and Romo finds himself in another pressure situation. THAT seems to me like the key to victory for the Skins.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:11 pm

The pukes may win the game on October 14th .. who really cares

the Redskins are playing October 13th ... :twisted:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Postby stellaisabel » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Whatever the outcome, I still love the Redskins, of course, I hope they win. Crazy for them! ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Postby stellaisabel » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:40 am

Redskins defeat, ToT :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:35 am

Time to get over the loss already. Move on man. We have a game vs the Bears.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football