Post game Skins @ Dallas

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Post game Skins @ Dallas

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:18 pm

Well we lost this week. Who to blame?

Special teams and untimely turnovers killed us today. It was a close game and turnovers will kill us everytime in such close games. I already mentioned the great field position and the free TD our special teams gave away.
Then we come back from halftime and give up a huge return. Couple that with two very costly turnovers from RG3 and we lost what was a close game.

On to the positives. Our defense kept us in this game. Our front seven looks like they are starting to play in synch. Our saftey play stills needs to improve but overall the defense was solid.

RG3s legs are looking better each week. While his accuracy is about 50/50 some throws look good some not so much. At least he is getting stronger each week health wise.
It might not look like our receivers are getting much separation. But last year RG3 was able to fit it into the tight windows. Now RG3s throws are slightly off. Which makes all the difference. RG3s progress is coming its just coming slower then we would like.

Alfred Morris had a solid outing. But we need more from the offense. Just a tad more.

If we can cut out the turnovers and penalties. Then a solid outing from our defense combined with a slightly better effort from our offense will win us games.

I feel like we are not too far off from ripping off a coulple in a row.
So I still feel like we are in this thing. But it has to start next week.

So back to the drawing board. But it shouldnt be too hard to correct. We are not dead yet!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:21 pm

We have a number of holes to fill. It'll be a few seasons until we can fill those and become a more complete team. Until then, win some lose some.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:33 pm

I agree herohamo!

If we didn't give the kick returns and silly penalties we might have helped cover the untimely turnovers.. but all three together is no way to win games.
All hope isn't lost!

Did anyone see if Jarvis Jenkins suited up? Never saw Chris Thompson or aldrick Robinson either... Are they in the dog house or something?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:38 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I agree herohamo!

If we didn't give the kick returns and silly penalties we might have helped cover the untimely turnovers.. but all three together is no way to win games.
All hope isn't lost!

Did anyone see if Jarvis Jenkins suited up? Never saw Chris Thompson or aldrick Robinson either... Are they in the dog house or something?

Jenkins played. Robinson suited up but didn't get much time if any. Chris Thompson was inactive. He got benched.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

ch1

Re: Post game Skins @ Dallas

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:46 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Well we lost this week. Who to blame?

Special teams and untimely turnovers killed us today. It was a close game and turnovers will kill us everytime in such close games. I already mentioned the great field position and the free TD our special teams gave away.
Then we come back from halftime and give up a huge return. Couple that with two very costly turnovers from RG3 and we lost what was a close game.

On to the positives. Our defense kept us in this game. Our front seven looks like they are starting to play in synch. Our saftey play stills needs to improve but overall the defense was solid.

RG3s legs are looking better each week. While his accuracy is about 50/50 some throws look good some not so much. At least he is getting stronger each week health wise.
It might not look like our receivers are getting much separation. But last year RG3 was able to fit it into the tight windows. Now RG3s throws are slightly off. Which makes all the difference. RG3s progress is coming its just coming slower then we would like.

Alfred Morris had a solid outing. But we need more from the offense. Just a tad more.

If we can cut out the turnovers and penalties. Then a solid outing from our defense combined with a slightly better effort from our offense will win us games.

I feel like we are not too far off from ripping off a coulple in a row.
So I still feel like we are in this thing. But it has to start next week.

So back to the drawing board. But it shouldnt be too hard to correct. We are not dead yet!

We're actually better than our record, but not much better. Our RB's are not a problem but our OL is less than mediocre and other receivers as a group are average (Reed and Garcon are impressive). Robert's still weak at this point as a passer and our defense is inconsistent. We'll be lucky to win five games. Our special teams are almost incredibly weak. I don't know why I didn't see this coming, but I didn't. We simply got on a roll last year--couldn't last, fooled everyone, most of all ourselves.

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 am

Rg3 had to have an internal clock. The Oline didn't play well but those fumbles were on rg3. Special teams is a joke, but I thought defense actually played alright. I think we're improving every week, but this is not our year.

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:41 am

The good: RGIII looked MUCH better with his legs. Defense was solid.

THE BAD: Well, we lost. The defense let a long opening drive TD. Forbath missed again.

THE UGLY: Special teams. Oy.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:08 am

Didn't see the game....but it looks like we GOT SCORCHED by Dullass....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

piggie

Postby oj » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:31 am

The defense had a great day, Dhall made some picturebook plays and Riley had a great game.
Somebody forgot to invite an offensive line to come and play, they looked wore out and got manhandled.
RG3 played poorly, Collingsworth lavished unwarrented praises on Robert but he did not get the job done and the offense collapsed around him.
Even with the pitiful special teams play Dallas would have won, they beat us by more than the 2 touchdowns that specials teams play earned for them.
I thought play calling boring, unless Morris was still hurting and we don't know about it. He should have touched the ball more often running to the ouside until dallas figured how to stop it and then run up the middle. He really should have caught that pass too, his quaterback was suffering and needs some help.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Didn't see the game....but it looks like we GOT SCORCHED by Dullass....

We really didn't. We kept their offense off the field for a good chunk of the game. We lost because of two big special teams plays and penalties.

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:25 am

riggofan wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Didn't see the game....but it looks like we GOT SCORCHED by Dullass....

We really didn't. We kept their offense off the field for a good chunk of the game. We lost because of two big special teams plays and penalties.

the lost fumble on our own 4 yard line really hurt us as well

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:48 am

The team's getting better, but way too slowly to salvage this season....I don't think anyone saw the team being this far off from last year's team, including the coaching staff. I imagined that RG3 would take some time to get back to himself, but I didn't foresee the defense having to come back...they should've been markedly better beginning in game 1 by virtue of having all of the starters back, but they weren't....they have been considerably worse....the D definitely looked better last night, but still has a ways to go...RG3 and the O looked slightly better, but the O line is horrible, and I'm not quite sure how they fix it....special teams are atrocious... anything would be an improvement there...anyway, I think this season is a bust...maybe next year....where have I heard that before?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:14 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:We have a number of holes to fill. It'll be a few seasons until we can fill those and become a more complete team. Until then, win some lose some.

I don't fully agree - we we're more hurt by the cap BS than we thought ... we're not far off the pace really and we do have a lot to look forward to with this great QB

does not look good for this season but I think we'll see a lot of things to 'build on' as well
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:19 am

oj wrote:The defense had a great day, Dhall made some picturebook plays and Riley had a great game.
Somebody forgot to invite an offensive line to come and play, they looked wore out and got manhandled.
RG3 played poorly, Collingsworth lavished unwarrented praises on Robert but he did not get the job done and the offense collapsed around him.
Even with the pitiful special teams play Dallas would have won, they beat us by more than the 2 touchdowns that specials teams play earned for them.
I thought play calling boring, unless Morris was still hurting and we don't know about it. He should have touched the ball more often running to the ouside until dallas figured how to stop it and then run up the middle. He really should have caught that pass too, his quaterback was suffering and needs some help.

This loss is 90% on the ST! They contributed to a 17 point swing (2 TDs and a missed FG) in a game lost by 15. The ST coach was called for a personal foul for interfering with a ref, that is the first time I have ever seen that! Letting Danny Smith go was the right call, but not hiring a competent replacement was not!

I'm livid or how bad or STs are! They when we finally do something good on STs the refs (INCORRECTLY) overturn it. They got that call on the muffed punt wrong! The Cowgirl was actively engaged with one of our players and even if he is driven back into the ball it is still a muff. He would have had to have been just standing around, not participating in the play for the fumble recovery to be waved off.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:22 am

riggofan wrote:

Yeah, one TD was on a punt return, one was set up by a 90-yd KO return that started the drive at our 15, and a third was set up inside our 5 by a fumble. Other then that, there was the opening drive to start the game, but otherwise we held them to 5 punts, a field goal (a drive set up by our own missed FG), and an INT.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football