Where are you at on this whole team name change thing?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Posts: 13044
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:05 am

I REALLY do not think the Redskins will be 'forced' to make a change ...

IF this should happen - I suggest we go to the Washington Reds - then we could keep the fight song and everything else the same Monkey
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:22 am

Bob Costas can go to hell.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:24 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Bob Costas can go to hell.


YEAH!!! He has a different opinion from me so therefore he should go to hell!! :puke:

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3159
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:28 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Bob Costas can go to hell.


YEAH!!! He has a different opinion from me so therefore he should go to hell!! :puke:


Yes, he should. As should many Iggles fans, Cowpukes fans, Chawks fans who said Sean Taylor deserved to die. They can all go to hell.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:35 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Bob Costas can go to hell.


YEAH!!! He has a different opinion from me so therefore he should go to hell!! :puke:


Yes, he should. As should many Iggles fans, Cowpukes fans, Chawks fans who said Sean Taylor deserved to die. They can all go to hell.


Oh yeah. That happened.

08 Champ
Posts: 13044
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:41 am

:shock: it's a sports site guys .. riggofan gets it ...
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3159
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 am

riggofan wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Bob Costas can go to hell.


YEAH!!! He has a different opinion from me so therefore he should go to hell!! :puke:


Yes, he should. As should many Iggles fans, Cowpukes fans, Chawks fans who said Sean Taylor deserved to die. They can all go to hell.


Oh yeah. That happened.


According to fans on another Skins message board who went to the playoff game in Seattle that year, yes it did.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3159
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:46 am

Here is a curious side note. Apparently the "Native AMerican" who is leading the Anti-Redskins Movement is not actually a "Native-American".

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/14/docum ... his-tribe/

Perhaps this guy is drumming these things up for fame, notoriety, or fund-raising?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:55 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Bob Costas can go to hell.


YEAH!!! He has a different opinion from me so therefore he should go to hell!! :puke:

No he should go to hell because he runs his mouth about how the term "Redskins" is an "undeniable slur". That's not his opinion. He's stating as if it's a fact.

**LPJ**
Posts: 6320
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:56 am

Washington Warlocks?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3159
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:58 am

I'm worried that the name change would actually happen if/when Snyder realizes how much money it would bring in with new merchandise sales.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:00 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Bob Costas can go to hell.


YEAH!!! He has a different opinion from me so therefore he should go to hell!! :puke:

No he should go to hell because he runs his mouth about how the term "Redskins" is an "undeniable slur". That's not his opinion. He's stating as if it's a fact.


Its a fact in the dictionary. He should go to hell for all of his book learnin'!!!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:02 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:According to fans on another Skins message board who went to the playoff game in Seattle that year, yes it did.


lol. Very reputable.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:20 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Bob Costas can go to hell.


YEAH!!! He has a different opinion from me so therefore he should go to hell!! :puke:

No he should go to hell because he runs his mouth about how the term "Redskins" is an "undeniable slur". That's not his opinion. He's stating as if it's a fact.


Its a fact in the dictionary. He should go to hell for all of his book learnin'!!!!

http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/defini ... sh/redskin

It was used to describe the type of paint Native Americans from Delaware used on their faces. Costas is wrong. He needs to report on sports, that's his job. His job isn't to interject political opinions into his reporting. The team was not named on the basis of slurring Native Americans. That should be the end of the discussion. But since you agree with Costas, what do you refer to the team as?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:33 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Bob Costas can go to hell.


YEAH!!! He has a different opinion from me so therefore he should go to hell!! :puke:

No he should go to hell because he runs his mouth about how the term "Redskins" is an "undeniable slur". That's not his opinion. He's stating as if it's a fact.


Its a fact in the dictionary. He should go to hell for all of his book learnin'!!!!

http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/defini ... sh/redskin

It was used to describe the type of paint Native Americans from Delaware used on their faces. Costas is wrong. He needs to report on sports, that's his job. His job isn't to interject political opinions into his reporting. The team was not named on the basis of slurring Native Americans. That should be the end of the discussion. But since you agree with Costas, what do you refer to the team as?


Who said I agree with Costas? I actually don't agree that the team should change its name. But I can listen to Bob Costas express his opinion about the name of a freaking football team without feeling that he needs to "burn in hell".

If the whole political correctness part of this debate is annoying, I can assure you that the insane and ignorant overreactions by the other side of the debate are just flat out disturbing.

And btw claiming that the only thing people used the term Redskins for was "to describe the type of paint Native Americans from Delaware" has to be one of the STUPIDEST things I have ever heard. Like some rancher in Texas who called a pack of comanches "redskins" was really just thinking about the facepaint of the Delaware native americans. lol. Give me a freaking break. The reason the word is an issue is because at some point it has been used as an ethnic slur. End of story.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football