How Long Should They Play Griffin Without Improvement?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Postby OldSchool » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:41 pm

I want to see Griffin benched, I've seen enough in these 5 games to conclude the Skins don't have a chance with him. He doesn't read the defense and go through his progressions as fast as a pocket passer needs to to be effective. Cousins does that a lot better because he had to develop that skill to play in college and make it to the NFL.

Griffin was blessed with incredible mobility so he could extend plays long enough to wait for a early open guy or run. He does have great mobility now so he can't play backyard ball now, he needs to read and release very quickly and accurately and he doesn't do it well enough to win. Cousins MIGHT be good enough to help the Skins win and get back into the division race. The division is so weak the Skins still have a chance. Put Cousins and see if they start winning, if he can't pull it up you can always go back to pocket passing 101 with Griffin later in the year when the Skins are actually out of it. Lets play to win this year!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:13 am

I don't think we should bench him, but he does look half depressed when playing this year.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:45 am

The only way Cousins is coming in is because Griffin is injured. It's not going to happen. The team has too much invested in Griffin. The only other way I see Cousins starting is if we continue to lose with 3-4 weeks to go, they start Cousins to try to build up his trade value or evaluate his play.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:42 am

And. Because. Griffin. Is. Better.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 am

I wonder if cousins can tackle on special teams?? Or block?
The difference in this game was the 14 points off returns.. and the easy7 off the fumble... That we were backed up inside our own 10... Why? Oh ya special ed teams!
I wish I could just blame griff for everything, I bet that's more comforting then looking at it as a team loss....
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:55 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I wonder if cousins can tackle on special teams?? Or block?
The difference in this game was the 14 points off returns.. and the easy7 off the fumble... That we were backed up inside our own 10... Why? Oh ya special ed teams!
I wish I could just blame griff for everything, I bet that's more comforting then looking at it as a team loss....

I like CK when he be peeved... 'special when he's right.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:27 pm

OldSchool wrote:I want to see Griffin benched, I've seen enough in these 5 games to conclude the Skins don't have a chance with him. He doesn't read the defense and go through his progressions as fast as a pocket passer needs to to be effective. Cousins does that a lot better because he had to develop that skill to play in college and make it to the NFL.

Griffin was blessed with incredible mobility so he could extend plays long enough to wait for a early open guy or run. He does have great mobility now so he can't play backyard ball now, he needs to read and release very quickly and accurately and he doesn't do it well enough to win. Cousins MIGHT be good enough to help the Skins win and get back into the division race. The division is so weak the Skins still have a chance. Put Cousins and see if they start winning, if he can't pull it up you can always go back to pocket passing 101 with Griffin later in the year when the Skins are actually out of it. Lets play to win this year!

WRONG - RG3 is not a pocket passer - it seems obvious that Mike & Kyle have been 'adapting' what they want him to do this season
I think we'll see the game plan "evolve' over the next few games as we've already seen in the past 2 games

GUARANTEED - IF Mike thought that Cousins could play the position better than Griffin, he would be in there ...
GIVEN that we have NOT seen Cousins even getting ready to play is because Mike does NOT agree with anyone (including you) that thinks Cousins might be better suited to running the Redskins offense :lol:
Robert Griffin is a franchise QB - we are very fortunate

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:43 pm

SkinsJock wrote:GUARANTEED - IF Mike thought that Cousins could play the position better than Griffin, he would be in there ...

I'll admit I'm kind of on the fence on this one. For one, Shanahan pretty much told Snyder to stay out of his way with the football affairs, so it would make sense that Shanny has total control on who plays. But I can't stop thinking about Portis and his "open door policy" with Snyder, and the fall out in the locker room with Zorn, etc. Now I'm not saying that there's a locker room fall out of any kind now. But I do think Griffin (being that he schmoozed it up with Snyder in the offseason) may very well have a similar relationship with Snyder. The optimist in me says it's all smoke and mirrors, but the more I keep reading about it Shanahan may very well feel like his handcuffed to stick with him.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:47 pm

Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I wonder if cousins can tackle on special teams?? Or block?

I like CK when he be peeved... 'special when he's right.

I have my moments... Like we say on the course, even a blind squirrel finds a nut era now and then! :twisted:
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:04 pm

To me, Robert has certainly earned the starting job well into next season at least...barring injury. The most popular QB on a team that is losing is the backup. Remember Kilmer and Jurgy? How about a more recent example of Sexy Rexy and John Beck...I was at the game vs Philly where Rex threw 3 picks, and the crowd began to chant "We Want Beck". How did that work out?

We have time to see if Robert will continue his recovery and improvement at the QB position. We gave up a lot for him, and it paid off last season. While it is painful now to watch this team.....patience is what we need, even if this season will be the wash that it appears we are headed for.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:06 pm

rskin72 wrote:To me, Robert has certainly earned the starting job well into next season at least...barring injury. The most popular QB on a team that is losing is the backup. Remember Kilmer and Jurgy? How about a more recent example of Sexy Rexy and John Beck...I was at the game vs Philly where Rex threw 3 picks, and the crowd began to chant "We Want Beck". How did that work out?

We have time to see if Robert will continue his recovery and improvement at the QB position. We gave up a lot for him, and it paid off last season. While it is painful now to watch this team.....patience is what we need, even if this season will be the wash that it appears we are headed for.

Logic? Common sense? Post like that have no room in a thread like this! Lmao
Seriously tho, bobs stats aren't terrible and his play is improving- yea he had some errant throws vs the pies, prolly tryn to do to much. He is middle of the pack imo w a ton of upside and potential... Eli won a superbowl 2 years ago and looks like garbage! Kappernick has a better supporting cast and outside of week one he's averaged what 150 yards? If that? Has Wilson even had a 300 yard game? Hell 250?!

The hype and expectations were never realistic for bob for the beginning of this year, he was essentially set up to fail.

No worries, the kid works hard and will continue to improve. Some of the changes he is still consciously thinking about- when it becomes habit and natural reaction he will flourish.
We are two games back, and I wouldn't be surprised if we give Denver their first loss... We find ways to win games we haven't got a chance in.. and well u know bout the others lol

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:14 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:GUARANTEED - IF Mike thought that Cousins could play the position better than Griffin, he would be in there ...

I'll admit I'm kind of on the fence on this one. For one, Shanahan pretty much told Snyder to stay out of his way with the football affairs, so it would make sense that Shanny has total control on who plays. But I can't stop thinking about Portis and his "open door policy" with Snyder, and the fall out in the locker room with Zorn, etc. Now I'm not saying that there's a locker room fall out of any kind now. But I do think Griffin (being that he schmoozed it up with Snyder in the offseason) may very well have a similar relationship with Snyder. The optimist in me says it's all smoke and mirrors, but the more I keep reading about it Shanahan may very well feel like his handcuffed to stick with him.

If you think that Snyder has anything to do with the players like he used to I would suggest that would show most everyone here how little you know about this franchise as it is right now :D

please say that you think that [-o<

Snyder has ZERO influence on who or what happens "on the field"

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:56 am

SkinsJock wrote:Snyder has ZERO influence on who or what happens "on the field"

:lol:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:18 am

IMO - what used to happen here with regards to Snyder's 'influence' and his interference with coaches and players is completely and unequivocally NOT happening ...

please clarify how you think this is happening and in what way RG3 was "schmoozing" with Snyder

Mike would NOT be here if he felt any pressure (even if only slightly) from Snyder to do things differently than what he wants to do

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby grampi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:35 pm

emoses14 wrote:And. Because. Griffin. Is. Better.

Right now he's not, but he definitely is when he's 100%...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football