Where are you at on this whole team name change thing?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:00 pm

^^ You may want to change that reference in your penultimate sentence to "Black People". The term you used is pretty much the antithesis of your entire point.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:17 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:If you were standing in a crowded area (let's say airport) and someone said to you, "Hey look, there's a Redskin over there", the first thought in your mind would be "oh I wonder which player it is", you wouldn't be trying to scan the crowd to look for a Native American.

^ This. I think the NFL team name is probably the ONLY use for the word these days. Like they all say, words change in meaning!
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:22 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I don't usually like to look at Krauthammer, much less listen to him, but I liked the majority of the article. But I disagree where implies to change it the name to simply, "Skins".

I feel completely the same way about Krauthammer (as I'm sure some people here feel about the President). I just thought it was a pretty honest piece of writing from a conservative point of view, and I like that it didn't resort to histrionics or extreme(ly unlikely) examples of what might happen if the name was changed.

piglet

Postby butterd97 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Dan Snyder needs to grow a set, get in front of the media and tell the world "NO, I'm not changing the name and will not ever consider it." Hey Obama , shouldn't you be worried about a country that is in the toliet instead of professional sports issues that don't concern you? Don't like the name?? Then stay the hell away from the games and don't watch. Washington DC , you got an issue too?? How about we pack this show up and relocate to Vegas or LA where the real money is to be made?!?
Man that fight with girl all day get no piece at night.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm

butterd97 wrote:Dan Snyder needs to grow a set, get in front of the media and tell the world "NO, I'm not changing the name and will not ever consider it." Hey Obama , shouldn't you be worried about a country that is in the toliet instead of professional sports issues that don't concern you? Don't like the name?? Then stay the hell away from the games and don't watch. Washington DC , you got an issue too?? How about we pack this show up and relocate to Vegas or LA where the real money is to be made?!?

Snyder would never ever be man enough to say that, and he doesn't have too. He is always laughing all the way to the bank.....

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Snyder already said his piece on the whole name change thing and he's not backing down from it. He said he'll fight it until the end.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:11 pm

emoses14 wrote:^^ You may want to change that reference in your penultimate sentence to "Black People". The term you used is pretty much the antithesis of your entire point.

I can't change it. It might offend the African-Americans. Or the Natives. :lol:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:58 pm

butterd97 wrote:Dan Snyder needs to grow a set, get in front of the media and tell the world "NO, I'm not changing the name and will not ever consider it." Hey Obama , shouldn't you be worried about a country that is in the toliet instead of professional sports issues that don't concern you? Don't like the name?? Then stay the hell away from the games and don't watch. Washington DC , you got an issue too?? How about we pack this show up and relocate to Vegas or LA where the real money is to be made?!?

yee haw.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:00 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:

Snyder would never ever be man enough to say that, and he doesn't have too. He is always laughing all the way to the bank.....

What are you dummies talking about??? This is what Snyder told the media just six months ago:

"We'll never change the name," Snyder told USA Today. "It's that simple. NEVER -- you can use caps."

So yeah he would be man enough, and he apparently doesn't need to grow a pair after all.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 am

People need to stop with the Obama crap...he was asked a question by a reporter and simply said if he was the owner he'd "think about changing the name"...not that he would, or that Snyder should, just that if he were the OWNER he would consider it. He didn't "weigh in" at all, he simply answered a question.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:45 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:People need to stop with the Obama crap...he was asked a question by a reporter and simply said if he was the owner he'd "think about changing the name"...not that he would, or that Snyder should, just that if he were the OWNER he would consider it. He didn't "weigh in" at all, he simply answered a question.

I went out to start my car this morning and I saw bird crap on it.. I blamed Obama for this. Not sure how or why, but it felt like the patriotic thing to do. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:27 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:People need to stop with the Obama crap...he was asked a question by a reporter and simply said if he was the owner he'd "think about changing the name"...not that he would, or that Snyder should, just that if he were the OWNER he would consider it. He didn't "weigh in" at all, he simply answered a question.

Yeah, good luck with that rational point you just made.

8)
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:35 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:

I went out to start my car this morning and I saw bird crap on it.. I blamed Obama for this. Not sure how or why, but it felt like the patriotic thing to do. :lol:

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:43 am

emoses14 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

HILARIOUS!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:46 am

Thank you. Your best post EVER.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football