Skins are shopping Fred Davis....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Skins are shopping Fred Davis....

Postby TimSkin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Not too surprised about this but are we really gonna get anything for him? Another thing to think about and I don't mean to be a devil's advocate is that Reed had a few injury problems at UF, had a few bumps during preseason, and had a hip pointer on Sunday. So should we keep Davis around just in case we need the depth?? What do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... m-redskins
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Meh, I'm fine, Plus we have Paulsen (how's his injury status?).
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Who? Lmmfao :twisted:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:36 am

Good riddance. Reed is awesome and Paulsen is clutch too.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:39 am

I'm not sure Davis would be a good "emergency" option at this point having been bumped out of the lineup like this.

What a disappointing way for him to end his time here though. Even if he didn't want to stay in Washington, I expected more out of him this year. Playing for that next contract. He certainly hasn't helped with trade value or playing his way towards his next contract.

One other comment. I don't think the team could have really predicted this, but don't you wish some of the money we spent on Fred Davis could have been used to keep Lorenzo Alexander around? Could have made a big difference on special teams.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:41 am

riggofan wrote:I'm not sure Davis would be a good "emergency" option at this point having been bumped out of the lineup like this.

What a disappointing way for him to end his time here though. Even if he didn't want to stay in Washington, I expected more out of him this year. Playing for that next contract. He certainly hasn't helped with trade value or playing his way towards his next contract.

One other comment. I don't think the team could have really predicted this, but don't you wish some of the money we spent on Fred Davis could have been used to keep Lorenzo Alexander around? Could have made a big difference on special teams.
Zo wanted a chance to start... that wasn't happening here.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:52 am

Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:I'm not sure Davis would be a good "emergency" option at this point having been bumped out of the lineup like this.

That may be true, but I don't think that was the primary reason he didn't re-sign. This is what he said back in March:

“I was ready to sign back with the Redskins on Monday night, but it wound up not being close at all,” Alexander said. “They were offering $2.6 [million guaranteed] with an overall contract of $7.5 million over three years. The next day, they called back and said they would only guarantee $1.4 [million] of that. Dropping more than a million dollars overnight without any reason, I couldn’t take that money out of my kids’ mouths. Based on everything I’ve done [for] this organization, doing everything the right way, it was just a bad way to treat me. “I understand the business, but, . . . it didn’t sit right at all with me.”

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:42 am

riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

That may be true, but I don't think that was the primary reason he didn't re-sign. This is what he said back in March:

“I was ready to sign back with the Redskins on Monday night, but it wound up not being close at all,” Alexander said. “They were offering $2.6 [million guaranteed] with an overall contract of $7.5 million over three years. The next day, they called back and said they would only guarantee $1.4 [million] of that. Dropping more than a million dollars overnight without any reason, I couldn’t take that money out of my kids’ mouths. Based on everything I’ve done [for] this organization, doing everything the right way, it was just a bad way to treat me. “I understand the business, but, . . . it didn’t sit right at all with me.”

For what it's worth, the team denied having changed the offer.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 am

Additionally... the "out of my kids mouths" thing was a bit... dramatic. I'm having some difficulty with the concept of the family struggle with only 1.4 million... I mean, I would understand his disappointment... but please... my family grew up with less than 50K a year... consider your audience when you are looking for a sympathetic ear.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:19 am

Countertrey wrote:Additionally... the "out of my kids mouths" thing was a bit... dramatic. I'm having some difficulty with the concept of the family struggle with only 1.4 million... I mean, I would understand his disappointment... but please... my family grew up with less than 50K a year... consider your audience when you are looking for a sympathetic ear.

Yeah that comment irked me too. Try working on a $32,000 a year salary and then worry about putting food in your kids mouths. Your children could have diamond crusted diapers with $1.4 mill.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:23 am

ANYWAY, I wasn't really trying to debate the merits of Lorenzo Alexander's contract negotiations. From his account though, the issue wasn't about starting or not.

Moreover, I'm just saying it kind of sucks in hindsight to have paid Fred Davis if that money could have kept Zo around to help out on ST.

And kept food in his kids mouths too. :)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:25 am

Hindsight is 20-20... who knew that Sleepy would disappear once the season started?

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 am

Countertrey wrote:Hindsight is 20-20... who knew that Sleepy would disappear once the season started?

Totally true. I'm not blaming anybody for not predicting that (I certainly would not have). That's one I wish we could have foreseen though.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:33 am

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

For what it's worth, the team denied having changed the offer.

:roll:

Not directed at you --- more what "the team" stated.

Especially coming from an owner as backhanded as Snyder. He isn't the most ethical man on the planet and not exacty a "man of his word" type.

If I were to guess, I think Snyder and his attorneys worded the contract in a "craftful" manner --- and Alexander's team realized they were trying to trick him into thinking the $$$ was guaranteed when it really wasn't. It wouldn't be the first time Snyder and his attorneys tried this and won't be the last either.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:49 am

Please trade him for somebody who can tackle. kthanks.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football