Where are you at on this whole team name change thing?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:44 pm

emoses14 wrote:
grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:People need to stop with the Obama crap...he was asked a question by a reporter and simply said if he was the owner he'd "think about changing the name"...not that he would, or that Snyder should, just that if he were the OWNER he would consider it. He didn't "weigh in" at all, he simply answered a question.

Thank you. Your best post EVER.
He said far more than that... of course, it would not have helped make your point... but... let's just pretend he didn't.

That's nonsense. StorminMormom is exactly right that Obama didn't just jump in on the issue. He was ASKED by a reporter.

I just re-watched the entire 70 second comment that Obama made, and I would LOVE to know what you think qualifies as "far more" in his comments. Please enlighten us.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/na ... n_redskins

A proper response to the question would've been "no comment"...

A proper response from any grown man to any question is whatever that grown man chooses to say. No matter whether we disagree with it or not.

Then don't whine about other people's responses to his response...

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Settle down guys, settle down. LOL.

None of us wants the name change but at this point there's nothing we can do about it.

What we NEED to do is get together and pray to whatever God you believe in that Peyton comes down with a stomach bug and won't play on Sunday.

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:55 pm

grampi wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:People need to stop with the Obama crap...he was asked a question by a reporter and simply said if he was the owner he'd "think about changing the name"...not that he would, or that Snyder should, just that if he were the OWNER he would consider it. He didn't "weigh in" at all, he simply answered a question.

He said far more than that... of course, it would not have helped make your point... but... let's just pretend he didn't.

That's nonsense. StorminMormom is exactly right that Obama didn't just jump in on the issue. He was ASKED by a reporter.

I just re-watched the entire 70 second comment that Obama made, and I would LOVE to know what you think qualifies as "far more" in his comments. Please enlighten us.

A proper response from any grown man to any question is whatever that grown man chooses to say. No matter whether we disagree with it or not.

I don't know who you think you're talking to, but I suggest you check the thread first. I never said squat about other people's responses. Which misses the point, predictably, still. My comment was that a man's response to a QUESTION isn't improper just because you think it is. More pointedly, my comment was that a man can respond to a QUESTION with something more than "no comment" if he chooses and your desire for him not to is irrelevant.

No one asked you a damn thing.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:24 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Settle down guys, settle down. LOL.

None of us wants the name change but at this point there's nothing we can do about it.

What we NEED to do is get together and pray to whatever God you believe in that Peyton comes down with a stomach bug and won't play on Sunday.

:lol:

Gotta be careful what we wish for. With our luck Peyton goes out, Brock Osweiler comes in and runs for 200 yards and throws for 400.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:05 pm

Just passing on some satire from the Onion:

Redskins’ Kike Owner Refuses To Change Team’s Offensive Name
SPORTS NEWS IN BRIEF • Sports • Unsponsored • ISSUE 49•43 • Oct 21, 2013

WASHINGTON—Denying widespread claims that the franchise is being offensive or disrespectful, the Washington Redskins’ kike owner announced Monday that he remains steadfast in his refusal to change the team’s derogatory name. “The Redskins represent 81 years of great history and tradition, and it’s a source of pride for our fans,” said the hook-nosed kike, stressing that the team’s insulting moniker is “absolutely not a racial slur by any means.” “‘Washington Redskins’ is much more than just a name. It stands for strength, courage, and respect—the very values that are so intrinsic to Native American culture.” The shifty-eyed hebe went on to assure fans that he will do “everything in his power” to preserve the team’s proud heritage.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby TheLogo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Let's just change the name to the Washington Tanskins and give Mike the nickname "The Logo"
http://postimg.org/image/n1n5zram5/
Last edited by TheLogo on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Williams, nuff said

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:17 pm

TheLogo wrote:Let's just chane the name to the Washington Tanskins and give Mike the nickname "The Logo"
http://postimg.org/image/n1n5zram5/

Nice 1st post!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby grampi » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:39 am

emoses14 wrote:
grampi wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:

I don't know who you think you're talking to, but I suggest you check the thread first. I never said squat about other people's responses. Which misses the point, predictably, still. My comment was that a man's response to a QUESTION isn't improper just because you think it is. More pointedly, my comment was that a man can respond to a QUESTION with something more than "no comment" if he chooses and your desire for him not to is irrelevant.

And I'm saying if the man chooses to make a public statement on the subject, then the public has every right to comment on his comment, and if other people don't like it, tough crap! Whatever you think of that is irrelevant...

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:38 am

grampi wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
grampi wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:

And I'm saying if the man chooses to make a public statement on the subject, then the public has every right to comment on his comment, and if other people don't like it, tough crap! Whatever you think of that is irrelevant...

Sure, intelligent commentary on the substance of his comment from adults is always welcome and helpful. Paternalistic commentary about what he should have said, not so much.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:43 am

I believe that Irn-Bru has provided some guidance on how this discussion should proceed. If anyone wants to continue in an off-topic direction... please take it to the lounge or, perhaps better... to Smack.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football