The New Board

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Site Admin

The New Board

Postby admin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Welcome!!

Well... sometimes things are so broken that they cannot be fixed. Such was the case with the old message board version. I was left with no choice but to install new board software, and that as you can see, means big changes. I know that people are reticent about change, so I know that there will be some knee jerk reactions of revolt initially. Settle in, give me some time to try and get some of the gazillion customizations and modifications hat I had made o the old board over the years, and hopefully things will start to feel more familiar.

They aren't changing anyhoo, the new board is here to stay. Security takes precedent over all. :)

Please be sure to report any problems that you have or notice in this thread, or to me directly by PM.

Mods... lots of new stuff to look at and play with - I ain't even gonna get into it until we make sure everything is working fine, so feel free to fumble around and find the things that you're used to using, and some of the new ones too. Shiny new digs!!!

I only lost SIX posts out of 600,000+ in the transfer - not a single member - pretty incredible really. Kudos to the phpbb team that made the convertor. Hitting a button every 45-60 seconds for 4 hours wasn't pleasant, but if the end result was nearly 100% data integrity on the transfer, I'd do it again in a heart beat.

In the end, we had to move the entire site to a new server, so thanks to the guys at doreo.com for always taking such good care of me. If you ever have hosting needs for a website, never look any further...

I'm going to bed. I have been working on this for 29 straight hours. I'll check in to see what's broke later.

Enjoy the new house, we'll get some re-decorating sone soon - but she's got four solid new walls and a roof and that's what's important for the community.

Hail.

Hog

Re: The New Board

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Valiant effort. Thanks for all you do. Yes, the new board looks different, but we'll get used to it quickly. Thanks again. =D>

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Hey man. You do what you gotta do. You won't hear complaints from me. We will get used to it, and in a few weeks, nobody will remember how it was. I like the "Save Draft" feature on here. I don't remember seeing that before, but may have missed it. Anyhow...Props!!!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Thanks again, Boss. Again and again. Hope and assume your health is better. In '05, it took me about a week to get through the "I'm too young to have had a heart attack stage". Next was a depressing "I can no longerf do x, y, or z". That wears off. At somewhere about a year of 18 months after the heart attack, I had quit worrying, forgotten to be depressed (depression is typical for a time), and gone back to being a grumpy curmudgeon.

The new board looks fine. A shock, since I'd been around here a long time, but every person and all the threads and features and articles are here. Sort of like you redecorated for us.

Thanks.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Excellent effort, BH... thanks for taking care of us... digs seem pretty sweet... wish I could have helped...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Love It....brother...!!! We are all pretty tech-educated, so I hope there are no grumblings about the New Board. I am grateful to have this type of communication with my fellow SKINS fans....!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:52 pm

I like it. Plus I think it'll make it easier to read 'treys micro-print endings on his posts to me. I KNOW he's deliberately trying to make me go blind. The bastage....

Seriously, it looks good. Thanks Boss. Kudos.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:31 am

Awesome job, Boss! No better place for all things SKINS than right here at THN!!! Thank you for all the hard work! =D>
"Givin'em the Business!"

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:47 am

thats for all the work BH. Appreciate it
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:51 am

Lots of changes to get used to, but I certainly appreciate the effort. Hope you're feeling better.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:53 am

"What is this insanity? Where is the old Hogs.net? Who is responsible for this? I'm never coming back!"

-Idiots

Thanks for the home away from home, Boss. Good health.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:15 am

I love it Boss!!! Really really appreciate the site, only issue I have is that my picture is not at the top.. I'll send one to you so you can put me up there. =D>
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:39 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:I love it Boss!!! Really really appreciate the site, only issue I have is that my picture is not at the top.. I'll send one to you so you can put me up there. =D>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:22 am

Love it. Nice job!

Hog

Postby ferryrich » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:40 pm

It's working better on my phone, so I'm happy!

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon