This Week Is It.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Will the Skins Turn it around this week?

No doubt.
38%
Unlikely.
38%
Only by a miracle.
8%
I can't look.
15%

Total votes : 13
Hog

This Week Is It.

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:36 pm

I've remained one of the hopeful (if not optimistic) fans over the past few weeks. Gritting my teeth over the 2-5 start with an eye on the rest of the season. I have to admit though that this week is it if we're going to do anything at all this season. The Chargers are a decent team that we need to be able to beat at home on Sunday. The Vikings are a horrible team that we absolutely have to beat away on Thursday. We need BOTH of these games.

We're extremely lucky that we're in the NFC east. I mean, the freaking Giants are still in this thing.
Cowboys 4 -4
Eagles 3 - 5
Redskins 2 - 5
Giants 2 - 6

Win both of these games, then we'll see Philly with a chance to get back to .500.

What do you think, fans? Is this the week we turn it around or will we keep it interesting a little while longer?

Hog

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby oneman56 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Completely agree, if this year has any hope left it has to start this week at home with a win. Looking at the schedule these next 3 games are our chance to crawl back into the NFC East race. I would love to see the passing game show up this week and would really like to see a change at punt returner and kick off returner. I love Josh's team first attitude but he doesnt' bring much to the return game. Anyways, here's hoping for a resounding win at home this Sunday!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:49 pm

It pains me to say this. But I feel as if this week will determine the fate of more than just our season. I think things will really start to unravel if they lose.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:It pains me to say this. But I feel as if this week will determine the fate of more than just our season. I think things will really start to unravel if they lose.

I had not even thought about it, but that's a great point, CLL. Especially after the Denver game. We've seen fans and the media turning on the Shanahans, turning on RGIII. Could get ugly.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:26 pm

oneman56 wrote:Completely agree, if this year has any hope left it has to start this week at home with a win. Looking at the schedule these next 3 games are our chance to crawl back into the NFC East race.

Exactly what I was thinking, man. And this three game stretch is a legitimate opportunity to get back into it. Its not like we have to go to Denver and beat Peyton Manning. We keep hearing the players and coaches say they're better than they've been played, so let's see it.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Definitely a crucial week. Even if we ultimately don't make the playoffs this year, it's important that we be in the hunt come late November / mid-December. Something positive to build on for next season.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:It pains me to say this. But I feel as if this week will determine the fate of more than just our season. I think things will really start to unravel if they lose.

Yeah the overall tone this past week isn't positive. It's going to get downright nasty if something doesn't change.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:03 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Definitely a crucial week.
Even if we ultimately don't make the playoffs this year, it's important that we be in the hunt come late November / mid-December.
Something positive to build on for next season.

I'd agree with the thinking that it's important that we start to see this team play better and more consistently …

if not … then changes need to be made …

we saw a lot of good things last season and we have not seemed to have improved much …
especially when you consider there have not been many changes and some key players have returned from injury :shock:

if anything the team does not seem to have the same chemistry

we need to see improvement - these guys are not doing as well as they can and Mike had better pull things together
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:13 pm

I hope the Skins win, but I also feel like Shanny & Son, and Haslett, are boat anchors. They thrived last season on the newness of RG3 and then rode him into the ground. I have no desire to see the HC, OC & DC remain on this team. Shanahan's record here is abysmal.

I hope they win, but if they lose and it helps exit this crappy coaching staff, fine with me.

I'm traveling to Minnesota to see the Vikings game and visit family. I will be there for it.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:19 am

Yes this game is a must win for any hopes of the post season. And then the Vikings game and Philly game as well. We have to win these next 3 or our season is done, IMO. I don't even want to go 2-1 in the next 3 game stretch. We have to be .500 going up against the 49ers. This San Diego game will be the real test to see if our team has any fire left in them to make a legitimate push to the playoffs.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:45 pm

We should be able to roll the bolts.. oaktown made it look easy. We need to string together some wins to boost morale and build confidence. Rgiii has not been having fun this year, and that shows. The team isn't playing with the winners attitude, and to me, getting that back is just as important as anything else we need to fix. Morale can change the outcome of games no doubt.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:26 pm

As long as we do not deviate from what is actually working, we may have a shot. Out of all the QBs we have left to face, only Romo is playing at the top of his game. That helps. This division is still possible to take over.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:22 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Yes this game is a must win for any hopes of the post season. And then the Vikings game and Philly game as well. We have to win these next 3 or our season is done, IMO. I don't even want to go 2-1 in the next 3 game stretch. We have to be .500 going up against the 49ers. This San Diego game will be the real test to see if our team has any fire left in them to make a legitimate push to the playoffs.

good luck with that … our 'season' is based on how we play the whole season not on a few games …
we can only win 1 game each week :roll:

we have not played as well as we should have to date and need to start playing better
winning is not as important as having a group of players playing as well as they are capable

this is not happening here yet - be nice to see our guys play well together for 60 minutes
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:52 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:We should be able to roll the bolts.. oaktown made it look easy.

Divisional game. Can't use that as a yardstick.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Out of all the QBs we have left to face, only Romo is playing at the top of his game.

Rivers is pretty much playing the best football of his career.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football