Hognostications Week 9

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DarthMonk

Hognostications Week 9

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:51 am

I guess someone had to pick Miami. \:D/

Hope the rest of my picks are just as good. [-o<
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Re: Hognostications Week 9

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:59 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I guess someone had to pick Miami. \:D/

Please! A couple of home-team calls gave Miami that game. :roll: That's just the way your luck's been running this season.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:15 am

Deadskins wrote:

Please! A couple of home-team calls gave Miami that game. :roll: That's just the way your luck's been running this season.

I watched every play and Miami got jobbed by some horrible calls as well.

There was an offensive PI on Miami that was completely bogus. It stopped a scoring drive.

There was a HORRIBLE non-call on Pacman Jones committing PI which stopped another.

Miama woulda won flat out if not for the PI of tackling from behind to prevent a long TD pass.

Fins got jobbed at least once on horrible 3rd-and-1 spots and the Bengals got a great 4th down spot once after getting stuffed.

Oh, and the hooked chip shot miss.

Safety call was correct. So was the one-foot-in completion which got reviewed since dude's ankle and calf landed inbounds.

They earned this one beeyotch. We can argue this one if you like. They wanted it more than the Bengals and deserved it bigtime.

Monkey

:P

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:58 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I watched every play and Miami got jobbed by some horrible calls as well.

There was an offensive PI on Miami that was completely bogus. It stopped a scoring drive.

There was a HORRIBLE non-call on Pacman Jones committing PI which stopped another.

Miama woulda won flat out if not for the PI of tackling from behind to prevent a long TD pass.

Fins got jobbed at least once on horrible 3rd-and-1 spots and the Bengals got a great 4th down spot once after getting stuffed.

Oh, and the hooked chip shot miss.

Safety call was correct. So was the one-foot-in completion which got reviewed since dude's ankle and calf landed inbounds.

They earned this one beeyotch. We can argue this one if you like. They wanted it more than the Bengals and deserved it bigtime.

Monkey

:P

Agree on the safety, but it should have never gone to OT. The knee was out before the second foot came down on one-foot-in "completion," so that call was blown. You have no idea if those would have been scoring drives, so that argument is bogus. The biggest blown call, the holding on the Bengals TD, caused a 14 point swing. Doesn't matter though, the fact remains you got lucky, as you have in all the fantasy sports this season. :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:44 am

Deadskins wrote:Agree on the safety, but it should have never gone to OT. The knee was out before the second foot came down on one-foot-in "completion," so that call was blown. You have no idea if those would have been scoring drives, so that argument is bogus. The biggest blown call, the holding on the Bengals TD, caused a 14 point swing. Doesn't matter though, the fact remains you got lucky, as you have in all the fantasy sports this season. :twisted:

The second foot is irrelevant since an ankle/calf = 2 feet.

To gain possession of a loose ball (3-2-3) that has been caught, intercepted, or recovered, a player must have complete control of the ball and have both feet or any other part of his body, other than his hands ...

So you are wrong there.

As for scoring drives, they certainly couldn't score when the blown calls/non-calls made key 1st downs become punts.

Your "biggest blown call" wasn't blown. Gresham held. So you are wrong there too.

Hognositcations aren't fantasy.

I picked the team that wanted it more and earned the win. That is the fact that remains ... as do your bogus "corrections." Two home-team calls did not "give Miami the game." Look at all bad calls, not just the ones that support your "argument."

:-({|=

PS: Aren't you the guy who picked up the Bears DEF, realized they were on a bye, dropped them, all this after saying 5 moves aren't enough and unfair? You are defending champ, though. Any luck involved in that?

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:48 pm

My God... the man has no pride... picks a game by a blind dart throw, and is actually bragging about it...

No shame. [-X
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:29 pm

there's such a thing as poor sport and in most cases they make it very clear :twisted:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:40 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Aren't you the guy who picked up the Bears DEF, realized they were on a bye, dropped them

Nope. I knew they were on their bye when I picked them up, but I decided I needed the roster spot more elsewhere. I still didn't use all 5 moves anyway. But for an example of the way my luck is running compared to yours, you need look no further than my waiver claim of Blackmon.

Hail to the Redskins!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:42 am

ATX....what up man? You folding in up and calling it a season? You have 2 players on BYE this week.

Hello, are you there...?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:21 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Aren't you the guy who picked up the Bears DEF, realized they were on a bye, dropped them

Nope. I knew they were on their bye when I picked them up, but I decided I needed the roster spot more elsewhere. I still didn't use all 5 moves anyway. But for an example of the way my luck is running compared to yours, you need look no further than my waiver claim of Blackmon.

As an example of my luck in fantasy I lost 3 starters to IR right before LPJ had his highest output of the year vs. me.

Then one of their replacements played a few downs and went on IR too. Then HIS replacement played a few downs and went on IR too. Then I picked up Timmons who went for a "lucky" 15 before ... breaking his hand.

Not cryin', just sayin'.

PS - Kinda funny how two (intelligent) guys can see the same game so differently. Immediately after Miami beat the Bengals I texted my brother "Miami soooooooooooooooooo deserved that win!!!" and followed that up with "One of the backjudges tried to take it away but the Miami defense would not let him."

Good luck the rest of the way in THNFF and Hognostications.

8)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:57 pm

No Hognostitraitors finally :)
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:13 pm

ACW wrote:No Hognostitraitors finally :)

once you get the 'title' you get to be recognized all season long
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:36 pm

REALLY New Orleans? And while I got it right, MIN choked that game away.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:10 pm

Here's some luck for ya. I had Buffalo and they are up 10-3 in the 3rd quarter at the KC 1. They punch it in and Alex Smith has to be a hero.

100 yard pick 6.

SMFH.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:42 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Here's some luck for ya. I had Buffalo and they are up 10-3 in the 3rd quarter at the KC 1. They punch it in and Alex Smith has to be a hero.

100 yard pick 6.

Buffalo over KC ROTFALMAO

Return to Around the League