Name Change News

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge
Posts: 14380
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Name Change News

Postby Countertrey » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 pm

That Mike Wise... who seems to consider himself an intelligent man... believes that Goodell has any authority to force a change, speaks volumes. The League has no authority here. Mr Wise's opinion of himself is clearly wrong.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13148
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Name Change News

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:16 am

Kilmer72 wrote:Near future as in tomorrow? Nah. As in the next 5 years yeah probable. It's unfortunate.


NO! [-X the name is not changing unless Dan Snyder sells the team

not for the fans, the public, the mediots, the NFL or the politicians … :)
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15974
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Name Change News

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:02 am

any sense of basic human decency would make someone defer to American Indians who are hurt.

And what about the more than 90% of American Indians who are not hurt? Or the 70+% who don't want the name changed? Or the multiple tribes actually local to the team who support the name?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1143
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Name Change News

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:14 am

Deadskins wrote:
any sense of basic human decency would make someone defer to American Indians who are hurt.

And what about the more than 90% of American Indians who are not hurt? Or the 70+% who don't want the name changed? Or the multiple tribes actually local to the team who support the name?

Shhh...you're not supposed to bring that up.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13148
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Name Change News

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:18 am

Deadskins wrote:
any sense of basic human decency would make someone defer to American Indians who are hurt.
And what about the more than 90% of American Indians who are not hurt?
Or the 70+% who don't want the name changed?
Or the multiple tribes actually local to the team who support the name?

+1 - =D>
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Name Change News

Postby emoses14 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:35 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
any sense of basic human decency would make someone defer to American Indians who are hurt.

And what about the more than 90% of American Indians who are not hurt? Or the 70+% who don't want the name changed? Or the multiple tribes actually local to the team who support the name?

Shhh...you're not supposed to bring that up.



Irrelevant! I'm offended, so it is offensive! To even suggest otherwise makes you a racist! Not to mention, I have bloggers on my side. BLOGGERS!
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Re:

Postby grampi » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:55 am

The Hogster wrote:Put out a documentary on the origination of the name, and tell those offended to buzz off.

It's a dumb argument.


I agree 100%....I'm sick of people caving in to the whiney crybabies....every time they do it only serves to enbolden other whiney crybabies to try and get something they don't like changed....in the meantime, more and more things are being taken away from the masses just to please a few fringe whiners...

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4517
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Re:

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:22 pm

grampi wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Put out a documentary on the origination of the name, and tell those offended to buzz off.

It's a dumb argument.


I agree 100%....I'm sick of people caving in to the whiney crybabies....every time they do it only serves to enbolden other whiney crybabies to try and get something they don't like changed....in the meantime, more and more things are being taken away from the masses just to please a few fringe whiners...


Speaking of fringe whiners...

Hog
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: Re:

Postby grampi » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:45 pm

riggofan wrote:
grampi wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Put out a documentary on the origination of the name, and tell those offended to buzz off.

It's a dumb argument.


I agree 100%....I'm sick of people caving in to the whiney crybabies....every time they do it only serves to enbolden other whiney crybabies to try and get something they don't like changed....in the meantime, more and more things are being taken away from the masses just to please a few fringe whiners...


Speaking of fringe whiners...


You like the all the name change hoopla?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1143
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Re:

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:51 pm

grampi wrote:You like the all the name change hoopla?

I don't want to speak for riggo, but I don't think he/she likes the name change "hoopla", just the fact that people keep calling those who want a change "whiney crybabies" all the while whining and crying about it.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1946
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Re:

Postby emoses14 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:22 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
grampi wrote:You like the all the name change hoopla?

I don't want to speak for riggo, but I don't think he/she likes the name change "hoopla", just the fact that people keep calling those who want a change "whiney crybabies" all the while whining and crying about it.


I don't want to speak for riggo either, but I think you're pretty close to right on. However, judging from past interaction between he and grampi, not to mention myself and grampi, i'm fairly certain riggo is reacting to the implied finger pointing in riggo's initial post complaining about "fringe whiners" and pointing out that he, riggo, views grampi as part of a group of fringe whiners who think they are in fact the majority.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: Name Change News

Postby grampi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:04 am

I KNOW I'm part of the majority...it's no big secret that the vast majority of people want the Redskins name to stay, so I don't see how anyone could think I'm part of ANY fringe group...

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4517
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Re:

Postby riggofan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:30 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
grampi wrote:You like the all the name change hoopla?

I don't want to speak for riggo, but I don't think he/she likes the name change "hoopla", just the fact that people keep calling those who want a change "whiney crybabies" all the while whining and crying about it.


That about sums it up. The pro-name people are more irritating than the anti-name people. Seriously, if you've ever said, "What about all of the Vikings who are offended by the name Vikings?" just punch yourself in the face for me.

And no, I don't really want the name changed. But I also won't cry about it or try to belittle the native americans and anybody else, whatever their percentages are, who don't share my opinion.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4517
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Name Change News

Postby riggofan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:31 am

grampi wrote:I KNOW I'm part of the majority...it's no big secret that the vast majority of people want the Redskins name to stay, so I don't see how anyone could think I'm part of ANY fringe group...


Oh you're clearly part of a fringe.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13148
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Name Change News

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:03 am

count me in …

I don't think Dan Snyder should change the name either - I have not heard a valid reason that, IMO, would make him change it

there are always going to be people who will be over the top on BOTH sides of 'issues' like this
and
who will continue to justify their thinking even when it's time to just move on :)
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football