Redskins @ Vikings Pregame

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Redskins @ Vikings Pregame

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Kickoff is in about 48 hours. Our chance to get the 2nd of these 3 very winnable games in a row. We are the ones that hurt AP's knee. He'd probably like some payback. They just had a brutal loss at Dallas. Tough spot for us to travel there. How amped will their crowd be? We run better than the Cowgirls. Our D is probaly better than the Cowgirl D as well. It would be nice to see Griff look very fast.

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Re: Redskins @ Vikings Pregame

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:03 pm

DarthMonk wrote:We are the ones that hurt AP's knee. He'd probably like some payback.

I'll just note... he probably wanted some payback when that gif was made, too... I think that ship done sailed.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:17 pm

4-5 going into the eagles game will be sweet....i think this is where we begin another long winning streak like last year

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:32 pm

funsho2 wrote:4-5 going into the eagles game will be sweet....i think this is where we begin another long winning streak like last year

Thar you go matey. That wasn't so hard was it? :wink:

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:36 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:4-5 going into the eagles game will be sweet....i think this is where we begin another long winning streak like last year

Thar you go matey. That wasn't so hard was it? :wink:

What the hell are you talking about?

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Countertrey wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:We are the ones that hurt AP's knee. He'd probably like some payback.

I'll just note... he probably wanted some payback when that gif was made, too... I think that ship done sailed.

Hope so. You know, if not for that run he mighta had his payback.

Tough spot for us. Hope we can perform.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm sure AP will do some damage on Thursday night, but Ponder is terrible. I'd like to see a Redskins win on Thursday night that isn't even close.

Here's some comments from thehuddle.com if you're interested. This is a fantasy football perspective, but still has some good stuff:

Pregame Notes: The Redskins won their last two home games but most road venues have ended poorly. The offense looked much better last week in the Chargers win and facing the Vikings defense shouldn't be any worse. The NFC East can make it look like the Redskins still have a shot at the division and they are playing better. They also get to play their remaining toughest games all at home. A win here would be very big to their fleeting chances but a loss would erase even the sense that they could pull off a miracle. This is actually a pretty big game for the Redskins. At least they'll want to make it seem so.

QUARTERBACKS: Robert Griffin III is back to running much less in games but mainly because the running backs are doing their jobs. He's been a more effective passer but that hasn't translated into fantasy production. Just last week he threw for 291 yards but let the running backs score all four touchdowns. Griffin only passed for nine touchdowns on the year and has only topped one score in a game once since week two.

RUNNING BACKS: He may have zero input as a receiver, but Alfred Morris is making a difference as a running back and improved from earlier in the season. He comes off a season best 121 yards and a score on 25 carries in the win over the Chargers and that gives him five touchdowns on the season. That was the first time so far that he was allowed more than 19 runs. Of course they opted to run fullback Darrel Young three times for a touchdown so Morris could have had a monster game. Same as week seven when Roy Helu stole three touchdowns as well and left none for Morris. In fantasy terms, at least Morris is consistently good every week. He may never be great but at least he's a solid start every week.

WIDE RECEIVERS: Leonard Hankerson and Pierre Garcon may not do a lot in every game, but they are always the only two wideouts who matter anymore. Garcon comes off a season best 172 yards on seven catches but he's been much more consistent around 60 yards per week and hasn't scored since week four. Hankerson is even less productive with under 50 yards every week but at least the two are always the ones that get whatever passing action happens in games. And at least the four games with a score between them saw three of them in road venues.

TIGHT ENDS: Jordan Reed was less used last week since the rushing effort went so well and he even added his first rushing attempt on the year that gained 18 yards. When your tight end is running the ball, it says he's much more a receiver than a blocker. Reed is getting as many targets anyone other than Garcon. He'll bounce back this week.

MATCH TO THE DEFENSE: The Vikes secondary already allowed 16 passing touchdowns with almost every opponent scoring at least twice via the pass along with very solid yardage. Half of the opponents threw for more than 300 yards as well so expect at least a good effort here from Griffin. The Vikings rushing defense still has not allowed a 100 yard rusher but have allowed 10 scores to the position and three runners ended up around 90 yards. This should play out to allow Griffin, Garcon and Reed to turn in better than average games. For Reed, he faces the same defense that just gave up 102 yards and a score to Jason Witten who had been dormant the previous month. The rushing effort should result in at least one rushing touchdown but that is no longer easy to call for a team that loves to give others a chance.

WHAT TO WATCH: Robert Griffin needs to come up big here to win the game and the situation is ripe for a good showing. Playing on the road makes it less likely that the Skins can just rely on the rushing effort and they'll be giving up some points themselves and hopefully this turns into a shootout between otherwise marginal teams.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Their comments about the Vikes v. Skins Defense are pretty good too:

MATCH TO THE DEFENSE: The Redskins secondary has been plenty abused by opposing quarterbacks but they have faced a list of some of the best in the league. Ponder is more likely to run it in than to pass a score. The Skins are weak against wideouts in particular but the Vikings use theirs so little and so poorly that even a nice home matchup doesn't make them fantasy relevant. No opponent so far failed to score at least once via the pass but the Vikes may challenge that, particuarly with Rudolph out. The Skins are also weak against the run and have already allowed ten scores to the position. Expect a very nice game here by Peterson and there is a chance for nice passing but it would require the Vikings to play differently and that is not going to happen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:38 pm

LET'S GO SKINS !!!!!!!!!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:51 pm

There is no reason why we shouldn't win this game. Outside of Adrian Peterson, the Vikings pretty much don't have anyone that is really a threat as they don't have a quarterback that can throw the ball.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby ACW » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Cappster wrote:There is no reason why we shouldn't win this game. Outside of Adrian Peterson, the Vikings pretty much don't have anyone that is really a threat as they don't have a quarterback that can throw the ball.
True...yet AP STILL manages to beast.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Talking to a Dallas fan here at work and he said Ponder looked like Joe Montana (obviously an exaggeration) against their secondary. Knowing how bad ours is, well has been playing before the Chargers game, this scares me a little bit. And Ponder is somewhat underrated in his mobility. I'd rather be facing Freeman, personally. If we can hold off Peterson I think we can win this game, but I'm not expecting a blowout.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Is it time for the pre-game yet or what? I'm getting hyped.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:22 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Talking to a Dallas fan here at work and he said Ponder looked like Joe Montana (obviously an exaggeration) against their secondary. Knowing how bad ours is, well has been playing before the Chargers game, this scares me a little bit. And Ponder is somewhat underrated in his mobility. I'd rather be facing Freeman, personally. If we can hold off Peterson I think we can win this game, but I'm not expecting a blowout.

:lol: @ ponder ......the skins are just heating up right now...look at the schedule....i see us winning rest of the games.....chiefs are overrated.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:26 pm

riggofan wrote:Is it time for the pre-game yet or what? I'm getting hyped.

is it wrong to pre-game at a work related awards dinner (For the Kids!!) before going home to watch a 1.5 hour tape delayed viewing of the game.

I vote no.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football