This team is being exposed in all areas

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

This team is being exposed in all areas

Postby funsho2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:18 am

From play calling to defense to special teams...

Rg3 just overshadows it...so some people want to blame rg3....yea im guilty before i get bashed.

Fire all the coaching staffs after this season.....

CKRGiii

Re: This team is being exposed in all areas

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:39 am

I agree that our line and st need some help but I honestly think the problem is and has been the D. Russel Wilson and Kappernick win 9/10 games with the performance that rgiii put up tonight, and most weeks for that matter. They both have multiple sub 200 hell sub 150 yard games... And not just because the D is putting up points... Something that may be the most under rated aspect of the game is momentum. When we allow the other team to tro down the field and score at will they steal the momentum, we are forced to call plays we wouldn't have, the opposing D steps up, mistakes happen, or at best we score and allow the other team to march right back and score again. That is demoralizing for us and pumps the other team up. Our Ds inability to get the f off the field on 3rd is the sole reason we are here now (4th downs vs Denver) . Making those stops obviously prevents point from going up but also carries the momentum in our favor.
It's not like we give up monster play after monster play (and not that we don't some times) but we consistently force teams into 3rd and long and then give up 15-20. It's pathetic... Without pulling any stats I'm 100% certain we are last or close to in this category. Get the f off the field D! I think it took 10 weeks last year to see them finally click too.. Has is the main problem followed by a need at safety and then ilb, sorry Fletcher but you're done.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:12 am

The defense gets most of the blame on this one. Followed closely the refs, special teams, and then the offense.

How many punts did the Vikings have in the game? Did they punt at all in the second half? This was a bad offensive team and they made their TE look like a Hall of Fame player. If Kerrigan doesn't drop that easy INT the game ends in a Skins win.

The refs all night kept ignoring holding on the Vikes and would call even marginal holding on us. The that wasn't called on Viking that mugged Reed at the end in the end zone was so obvious that you have to call it. Two of the personal fowls were extremely bad calls. I would think if you flag someone for 15yds for a helmet to helmet hit that would involve at least some contact between helmets! And no one EVER here gets a pf for a late hit on a punt or a kick if the big comes within a second of the returner going down!

The ST how about not letting the Vikings average about 15 yards on punt return or if you are going to run a fake punt make sure everyone is in the same page.

More for the offense. How about one more according drive in the final 20 minutes of the game. I thought the drop by Garcon (or bad throw by rg3 whoever you want to blame it on) on third down on that second drive in the second half might have been the past of the game behind Kerrigan's dropped INT.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:09 am

I'm usually one of the more optimistic Redskins fan on this board, but we are not making a run like we did last season. This team needs a massive influx of talent in numerous areas. First and foremost, Fletcher has been awesome over his career here, but he's nonexistent this season. I didn't hear his name once last night, and that would normally be a game he shines in (against a predominantly running opponent.) While he is at it, please take Chris Chester with you to the retirement home. I'm a 36 year old out of shape guy who played some DT in high school and I think I may be able to bull rush that guy, honestly. If you can't stop a bull rush in the NFL, I don't care if you can run block, its time to retire. Lets see if LeRibus of Gettis can get the job done. Monty and Litch are serviceable, but nothing special either. If Jim Haslet has a job here next year I will be one pissed off fan. The guy is a flat out dope. We need more talent on defense, yes, but his schemes are awful. Two rookie Guards for the vikes, and not one A gap blitz last night. And don't get me started on the 3rd and 6 late in the 3rd quarter where he has Perry Riley man to man on Jerome Simpson playing press coverage, and he doesn't even jam the guy off the snap??? Everyone in the building saw that throw coming. There is no fire on the defensive side of the ball, and that is a major concern.

On a side note, Ed Holuci's crew has to be by far the worst in the NFL, and has been for the past few years. While the refs certainly did not cost us this game, some of the calls were atrocious last night. The Baker 15 yarder was a joke, as was the D Young personal foul. The missed mugging on 2nd and goal at the end, and how many times was RGIII hit extrememly late with no call?!?!? ridiculous.

Hog

Postby grampi » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:54 am

That's two sizable leads the Skins have given up that ended in a loss...the first one was excusable as it was to a team that can score a ton of points on any team (DEN), but this one was completely inexcusable...this defense is a joke...

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:10 am

Why can't we play 4 quarters of football?! Both offense and defense just shut down in the 2nd half. What a joke.

piggie

Postby oj » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am

The offensive line has major problems, i believe it is #66. Riley will be a great player for somebody, some day but the coaches should know by now that he cannot defend the pass and has no business running along near any receiver.
I am an Rg3 critic but he payed good last night, most passes were deadon and all but a couple were catchable. But he needs another 2-3 seconds and the front line did not give it to him.
I will give a little credit to Kyle, they kept running Morris - i feel he should have touched the ball on the goal line stand at the end, but the fact that Kyle kept him in the game previous to that set of downs shows that Kyle is learning. Whether Kyle will remember that or not is the question.
The officials were terrible and cost the game with the non-holding/pass interferance call at the end. Another huge penalty was a helmut to helmut call when we sacked the quarterback and but the quarterback was tackled around the waist. There were more than the typical amount of holding noncalls and the unsportsmanlike calls against the Skins should at best have been offsetting penalties.
I believe it was channel 9 that made a big deal about a demonstration to change the name, they showed a reporter standing with a couple hundred (? Maybe) demonstrators and he said there were thousands protesting. Channel 9 chose to air that bit of tripe as a 'newsworthy' item. I would consider it to be 'yellow journalism' where they have a political agenda and promote what they choose. They could have asked the thousands of people that went to Minneapolis from here to watch the game what they thought about the 'name change'.
This is becoming a clear case of 'bullying' where the opinions of a few are being forced by local TV and the facts are distorted.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:35 am

Everyone keeps saying the refs were awful last night, but outside of the stupid roughing the passer call on Baker, I don't remember any bad calls. Maybe a bad spot here or there, but it's not like they cost us the game. Lack of execution by our offense in crunch time cost us this one.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:50 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Everyone keeps saying the refs were awful last night, but outside of the stupid roughing the passer call on Baker, I don't remember any bad calls. Maybe a bad spot here or there, but it's not like they cost us the game. Lack of execution by our offense in crunch time cost us this one.

The defense was pathetic, and the o-line, in particular, was hideous in pass pro... they, indeed, cost the game... HOWEVER...

Do you consider an obvious non-call a bad call? Do you consider consistently spotting the ball to one team's advantage a bad call? Do you consider a phantom Helmet to helmet a bad call?

Kerrigan was mugged 5 times... including 3 times in a row during a late second half scoring drive... you don't have a problem with that? Reed was robbed of an opportunity to score, when his jersey was being stretched to a size 99 in the end zone... you don't have a problem with that??? Come on, man... Hoculli's crew are Mara's secret weapon... the referees probably did not cost the game, as a competent defense would never have allowed it to get close, but that was horrendous officiating.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:55 am

Countertrey wrote:The defense was pathetic, and the o-line, in particular, was hideous in pass pro... they, indeed, cost the game... HOWEVER...

Do you consider an obvious non-call a bad call? Do you consider consistently spotting the ball to one team's advantage a bad call? Do you consider a phantom Helmet to helmet a bad call?

Kerrigan was mugged 5 times... including 3 times in a row during a late second half scoring drive... you don't have a problem with that? Reed was robbed of an opportunity to score, when his jersey was being stretched to a size 99 in the end zone... you don't have a problem with that??? Come on, man... Hoculli's crew are Mara's secret weapon... the referees probably did not cost the game, as a competent defense would never have allowed it to get close, but that was horrendous officiating.

I didn't see any of the plays you're referencing, outside of the Reed mugging. That was not horrendous officiating. It was horrendous play by the Redskins.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:19 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I didn't see any of the plays you're referencing, outside of the Reed mugging. That was not horrendous officiating. It was horrendous play by the Redskins.

I'm still trying to digest this game, but I'm going to disagree about the "horrendous play". We actually got pretty freaking good play from our offense last night. Three TD passes, no INTs or fumbles, 191 rushing yards, a good balance of rush/pass, dominated time of possession. Its insane that we couldn't win the game with that performance.

There's going to be a lot of bitching this week about coaches and stuff I'm sure, but the fact is that our defense couldn't stop an absolutely pathetic Vikings offense. THEY SCORED ON SIX OF EIGHT POSSESSIONS. The offense bailed them out vs. the Bears, just couldn't score enough last night.

I'm going to have to agree with Papdog above that we're not making any kind of run this season. We need a few more players on defense to get beyond mediocre to even just average.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:29 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Everyone keeps saying the refs were awful last night, but outside of the stupid roughing the passer call on Baker, I don't remember any bad calls. Maybe a bad spot here or there, but it's not like they cost us the game. Lack of execution by our offense in crunch time cost us this one.

Really? I'd say our "defense" making the Vikings look like an actual NFL complete offense, is what cost us the game.

They made Christian Ponder look like a capable NFL QB, and he's flat out terrible.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:34 am

PulpExposure wrote:

Really? I'd say our "defense" making the Vikings look like an actual NFL complete offense, is what cost us the game.

They made Christian Ponder look like a capable NFL QB, and he's flat out terrible.

hah. No doubt! I missed StorminMormon's comment about the offense "lack of execution in crunch time". Its ridiculous that our offense was even in that position.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:10 am

riggofan wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

hah. No doubt! I missed StorminMormon's comment about the offense "lack of execution in crunch time". Its ridiculous that our offense was even in that position.

Obviously our defense sucks. That goes without saying. We have to rely on our offense to win games. The whole team just stopped playing in the 2nd half.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:37 am

Could you be anymore obvious...trying to find a way to pin the loss on rg3.....after letting ponder look like joe montana...russell wilson can have a terrible game but yet he will still win the game...why? cuz of his defense....ala against carolina, st louis this season

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football