What Happened???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

What Happened???

Postby ACW » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:26 am

I'm serious here; I went to bed at halftime, but:
*We had a 10-point lead (and our offense looked damn efficient).
*We outgained them by 126 yards.
*Peterson rushed 20 times for 75 yards (under 4 YPC).
*We called 36 rushing plays (Morris: 26 carries for 139 yards=5+ YPC) and 37 pass plays (RGIII ~66% and 3 TDs).
How'd we lose? :?:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

||||||

Re: What Happened???

Postby EA7649 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:13 am

We aren't consistant. This is what doesn't makes us a contender quite yet.

The offense lost its flow in the 3rd and most if not all of the 4th quarter.

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:27 am

EA7649 wrote:We aren't consistant. This is what doesn't makes us a contender quite yet.

The offense lost its flow in the 3rd and most if not all of the 4th quarter.
And are my eyes deceiving me or did we give up 20 unanswered to MINNESOTA?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:49 am

ACW wrote:I'm serious here; I went to bed at halftime... How'd we lose? :?:

You went to bed at halftime. You stay up, we win that game.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:52 am

We also only gave the ball to Morris 9 times in the 2nd half. Went away from everything that worked in the 1st half.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:09 am

What happened? The exact thing thats happened since I can remember. We didn't destroy them when we had the chance. We took the foot off the gas in the second half and let one of the worst teams in football come back and beat us with Matt Cassel.

This team stinks. We stink worse than I thought. How on Earth is everyone just saying they are going back to practice to figure it out? This is nothing practice can fix. This is a philosophy the coaches need to adopt. The players (aside from stupid penalties) played pretty well, especially the offense.

I was sticking up for Haslet for a while but sorry bud, you should be fired. Fired immediately actually because we ARE THE WORST D IN THE NFL. DeAngelo Hall is our defensive stud, that says it all right there.

Alzheimers again this year, thinking things would be different. Rant over...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:12 am

We need new coaches all across the board. With the exception of Kyle Shanahan (who has actually called some good games this year), is there any other coordinator on this team worth a bucket of piss?

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:44 am

Here's what happened.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-reds ... ns-week-10

But the past two games it’s been on the defense in those times. They forced one punt by Minnesota, none in the second half. The Vikings, playing with two line backups and without their starting tight end, scored on all four possessions.

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 am

and i'm with ATX, I was all for patience and cohesion with the staff but i've seen enough now from Haslett. This defense is what it is, capable of good games but consistently they are not good and they just cost us another game.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:51 am

oneman56 wrote:This defense is what it is, capable of good games but consistently they are not good and they just cost us another game.

Our defense sucks. We know this. We were outscored 20-3 in the 2nd half. Now if we were outscored 20-17, all of the blame would be on the defense. You can't score 3 points in the 2nd half and expect to win football games with one of the worst defenses in the league.

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:00 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
oneman56 wrote:This defense is what it is, capable of good games but consistently they are not good and they just cost us another game.

Our defense sucks. We know this. We were outscored 20-3 in the 2nd half. Now if we were outscored 20-17, all of the blame would be on the defense. You can't score 3 points in the 2nd half and expect to win football games with one of the worst defenses in the league.

Well, I agree to disagree on the premise that this loss is on the offense. I don't think our 2nd half offense was that good so I will concede a little there however up 13 to a really bad team with your season on the line and not forcing a single 2nd half punt to an offense that is terrible is just alarming. We held the ball for 36 minutes and scored on 5 consecutive drives, I think they said for the first time since 1985. This game was all on the defense.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:06 am

oneman56 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

Well, I agree to disagree on the premise that this loss is on the offense. I don't think our 2nd half offense was that good so I will concede a little there however up 13 to a really bad team with your season on the line and not forcing a single 2nd half punt to an offense that is terrible is just alarming. We held the ball for 36 minutes and scored on 5 consecutive drives, I think they said for the first time since 1985. This game was all on the defense.

A near identical scenario played out agaisnt the Broncos. Granted, the Broncos are a much better team, but after that game everyone was praising our defense.

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:11 am

Oh, and **** John Mara.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:18 am

A near identical scenario played out agaisnt the Broncos. Granted, the Broncos are a much better team, but after that game everyone was praising our defense.[/quote]

Well, the Broncos have the top rated offense in the NFL and holding them to 7 points for more than half the game was a huge surprise to the most loyal of Skins' fan. The same can't be said for the Vikings, playing with back-up linemen, back-up TE (who by the way torched us) and questionable QB'ing. Like I said, our offense struggled for a bit in the 3rd quarter and I concede that but out of 9 drives they essentially had scoring drives on 6 of them so, personally, I can't blame this on the offense. Every game, win or lose, we can find some play calls or whatever we don't like but if the defense shows up this game was over despite those offensive complaints. Haslett has shown in 4 years that this is what can be expected.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:28 am

oneman56 wrote:Well, the Broncos have the top rated offense in the NFL and holding them to 7 points for more than half the game was a huge surprise to the most loyal of Skins' fan. The same can't be said for the Vikings, playing with back-up linemen, back-up TE (who by the way torched us) and questionable QB'ing. Like I said, our offense struggled for a bit in the 3rd quarter and I concede that but out of 9 drives they essentially had scoring drives on 6 of them so, personally, I can't blame this on the offense. Every game, win or lose, we can find some play calls or whatever we don't like but if the defense shows up this game was over despite those offensive complaints. Haslett has shown in 4 years that this is what can be expected.

I'm not a Haslett fan in any way, shape, or form. I could care less if he's fired later today. That being said, our offense didn't do us any favors in the 2nd half by keeping their D on the field. And that was against a bunch of backups on the Vikes D.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football