Panthers D making Our D look like a Joke

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Panthers D making Our D look like a Joke

Postby funsho2 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:50 pm

You score 10 pts on offense and you win the game.....this just too funny...hell even the 49ers was good...just that the panthers D was better....until we get a defense like that we won't go anywhere....blame rg3 all you want....cam newton didn't have to do anything.

Hog

Re: Panthers D making Our D look like a Joke

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:58 pm

I can't believe I am even doing this but, defense wins ball games, offense sells tickets. Its true you can be the Patriots and win on offense but you can also be the old Bears or Ravens and win it on defense.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:I can't believe I am even doing this but, defense wins ball games, offense sells tickets. Its true you can be the Patriots and win on offense but you can also be the old Bears or Ravens and win it on defense.

Nowadays that mentality is dying....look at the broncos...they dont have defense...they have a great O...thats why have been blowing teams out

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Which is why I mentioned the Patriots. Denver has Peyton Manning. It can be done but if like you said earlier can keep teams from scoring then..... What would be the out come with our offense?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:00 pm

does anyone really care what a browns' fan thinks? HA

STFU
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:04 pm

SkinsJock wrote:does anyone really care what a browns' fan thinks? HA

STFU

This is really funny and your right. :)

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:17 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:does anyone really care what a browns' fan thinks? HA

STFU

This is really funny and your right. :)

Actually the entire league is. We've given up 287 points through 9 games, only Jacksonville has given up more at 291. Pathetic!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Lol... And then there is no problem because we have a better team than last year. We won the NFC EAST right? This is all an illusion.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:13 am

We do NOT have a better team ….

we did not have a huge 'change' in players and coaches from last season and actually got some good players back from injury …

we were badly hurt by the salary cap BS and the guys are NOT playing as well AS A TEAM as they did, due to a number of factors

London is not close to what he was … the offense had to be re-invented … etc. etc.

VERY disappointing

all things considered I think the FO has done a good job but I do not think the OC and DC have done their jobs well to date

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:29 am

Our defense seems undisciplined to me more often than not. We probably never should have moved from a 4-3. We were good and had decent 4-3 personnel and a league trend toward 3-4 left more 4-3 talent out there. It set us back. Our defense is offensive. BTW - Denver plays some good D when they need it - especially against the run. If Champ comes back they will be quite tough.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:15 am

I agree we made a mistake in changing to the 4-3 - that is not the reason the defense is not playing well …

we are a 3-4 defense - there is no way we can get better by thinking "we should not have changed from the 4-3 … "
why do fans keep looking at the way a team is playing and look to a 'scheme' that we do not have the players for, as a solution

Haslett is the DC and is doing what Mike wants him to do … same for Kyle and same for the ST coordinator …

we are simply NOT executing … there are many factors contributing to this

EVERYONE at Redskins Park needs to do their jobs better

IF Mike is here next season AND the defense does not finish out this season better - we'll see a new DC, who will make the 3-4 defense 'work' :roll:

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 am

When we're scoring 27 points and still losing, the problem isn't with the offense....

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:56 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I agree we made a mistake in changing to the 4-3 - that is not the reason the defense is not playing well …

we are a 3-4 defense - there is no way we can get better by thinking "we should not have changed from the 4-3 … "
why do fans keep looking at the way a team is playing and look to a 'scheme' that we do not have the players for, as a solution

Haslett is the DC and is doing what Mike wants him to do … same for Kyle and same for the ST coordinator …

we are simply NOT executing … there are many factors contributing to this

EVERYONE at Redskins Park needs to do their jobs better

IF Mike is here next season AND the defense does not finish out this season better - we'll see a new DC, who will make the 3-4 defense 'work' :roll:

I don't think anyone suggested we switch back to a 43. The reason some including me said switching to a 43 wasn't too brilliant, is because in our current state of 34 with the outside linebackers we have, we can't cover very well when they are asked. (Is this scheme?) We usually get smoked when we rush our backers. Let me put it another way. If we hadn't switched to a 34, the "scheme" we were using then, would have had smaller faster linebackers with the speed to cover a TE or even big receiver at times. I agree that no matter what, you need to tackle. I hope Mike is here next season because I am tired of saying well this is a new coaching staff and we have to give them 3 or 4 years. I posted when Mike first got here that it would take years as in 5 or more. Others on here said no 2 to 3 years tops in todays league. Some other coaches can go from one team to another and win right away. I might be wrong on this but usually they do not totally dismantle the team,change the whole philosophy and expect miracles after throwing that wrench in the spokes. We also know that the cap penalties and so forth has hindered our growth. Although Mike did fire defensive coordinators when at Denver, he was also fired because he refused to do that very same thing when it was obvious to others he needed to make the change. I wouldn't be so quick to say Mike will fire JH if he has another dismal season. Mike likes to have the final say and the authority to dig his heals in and be stubborn.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:26 pm

mike had a bunch of time to check out what was 'working' in the NFL before he actually took over here and it seems that he thought the 3-4 defense was the way to go and so in came Haslett to make it happen

the defense has not been playing as well as we thought it would and I'm not sure why exactly - we have not been able to play well for 60 minutes and especially late we have not gotten the stops when we have to have them

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:04 pm

SkinsJock wrote:mike had a bunch of time to check out what was 'working' in the NFL before he actually took over here and it seems that he thought the 3-4 defense was the way to go ...

No doubt. A lot of us thought otherwise.

Doesn't mean he was wrong but I disagreed.

He thought giving Fat Al 40+ million was the right call too.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League