:) and :(!?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: :) and :(!?

Postby SKINS#1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Our CB talent should improve with the return of Crawford and I still think Minnifield will be a starter. I don't think Shanny would keep him if he didn't see some talent.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:53 am

I think Amerson and even to a lesser degree Rambo have loads of potential. This team is just getting burned out there defensively. Does Haslett even know the definition of the word adjustment?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:13 am

I'm not a fan of any of the coaches but I do think that all of them are good at what they do …

it's very easy to find fault with the guys 'in charge' - Haslett has done what Mike wanted him to do and I'm sure that Mike would not have kept him on if there were someone else available that could come in & do better

we've come a long way since Dan brought in Bruce and then Mike to run things … everyone makes MISTAKES, the only thing wrong about making mistakes is to not learn from them - like Snyder and Cerrato would not do … Mike & Bruce have made mistakes but they've done a very good job in finding a way out of the incredible mess this franchise was in - we should not have won the NFC East last season and we're getting set up here to have a really good young franchise

I'm hoping that Mike & Bruce get another year - they've earned that
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:04 am

SkinsJock wrote:Haslett has done what Mike wanted him to do and I'm sure that Mike would not have kept him on if there were someone else available that could come in & do better

Do better at "what Mike wanted him to do?" I agree. :lol:
I'm just not sure that there is not someone (Wade Phillips) who could be a better 3-4 DC.

I've read that MS really concers himself more with the defense than he does with the offense, and I think he may be using Haslett as a figurehead. That way he can always use him as a scapegoat if things go wrong. Also, Haslett probably doesn't push back if Shanny wants to micro-manage.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:03 am

EA7649 wrote:Name 1 optimistic thing you like about this years team/future.
Name 1 negative thing you hate about this years team/future.
I'll start:
I think Jordan Reed is going to be a great Tight End =D>
We are not consistent on offense or defense. [-X

There is more than 1 thing to be happy about with this team.
There is more than 1 thing to be unhappy about with this team.

If I had to pick:
1. We have a franchise QB (perhaps even 2....)
2. Already having a horrendous D, we'll have to replace Fletcher -- the unquestionable leader and D centerpiece -- within the next year.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Haslett has done what Mike wanted him to do and I'm sure that Mike would not have kept him on if there were someone else available that could come in & do better

Do better at "what Mike wanted him to do?" I agree. :lol:
I'm just not sure that there is not someone (Wade Phillips) who could be a better 3-4 DC.

I've read that MS really concerns himself more with the defense than he does with the offense, and I think he may be using Haslett as a figurehead. That way he can always use him as a scapegoat if things go wrong. Also, Haslett probably doesn't push back if Shanny wants to micro-manage.

as you know, I'd like to have a different HC, OC and DC here …

that being said - I think that Mike should get another year based on what he and Bruce have done since they 'took over'

I'd imagine that Mike does like having guys here that do what he wants them to do … because he's a bit of a control freak
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:32 am

Would anyone actually be upset if Shanny was fired before the 5 years was up?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:54 am

I would be VERY surprised - Mike is going to be here next season because of all the stuff he's done (with Bruce Allen) in fixing the huge mess that we were in 2009

so if he's fired sometime next season it will be because he's done an incredibly bad job :shock: that's just NOT happening

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football