Redskins @ Eagles: Game Day Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Redskins @ Eagles: Game Day Thread

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Mr Flit wrote:Didn't Breezy get released from SD before becoming.one of the best in the game?
The win now mentality of this fan base has no patience. Imo Haz has to go... And we MUST sign a true number one wide out (tall and fast preferably) and a hog or three for the interior line. Replacing Fletcher is a priority and hopefully some of the young dbs can pan out. Rgiii is the least of our worries, he will continue to improve and connect the dots; shame his rookie blues are outlined with poor supporting cast on D, poor oline play forcing even quicker decisions, and wide outs who can't get a lot of separation. Staying hopeful this can lead to developing his skills even better in the end. OR Hell just be scared and gun shy...

A replacement for Has for a guy who wants a 4-3 installed. Saves you a draft pick as you have either Robinson, Riley to play the MLB position. Kerrigan is your rush backer and move Orakpo to the end position.[/quote]

Don't you think Rak might be too small to play DE full time? Even if he gains weight? I could see Kerrigan doing it though since he did it so much at Purdue. I know Rak played DE at UT but he didn't have the run stopping pedigree that Kerrigan had at Purdue. Kerrigan had 53.5 tackles for LOSS and 33.5 sacks from the DE position Rak had 34.5 TFL and 23 sacks
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Since only 7 pass plays were called in the first half... I guess we should be blaming Morris for this loss right? Since apparently one player decides the outcome of this team Smfh
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piglet

Postby P()rter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:09 pm

TimSkin wrote:
Mr Flit wrote:Didn't Breezy get released from SD before becoming.one of the best in the game?
The win now mentality of this fan base has no patience. Imo Haz has to go... And we MUST sign a true number one wide out (tall and fast preferably) and a hog or three for the interior line. Replacing Fletcher is a priority and hopefully some of the young dbs can pan out. Rgiii is the least of our worries, he will continue to improve and connect the dots; shame his rookie blues are outlined with poor supporting cast on D, poor oline play forcing even quicker decisions, and wide outs who can't get a lot of separation. Staying hopeful this can lead to developing his skills even better in the end. OR Hell just be scared and gun shy...

A replacement for Has for a guy who wants a 4-3 installed. Saves you a draft pick as you have either Robinson, Riley to play the MLB position. Kerrigan is your rush backer and move Orakpo to the end position.

Don't you think Rak might be too small to play DE full time? Even if he gains weight? I could see Kerrigan doing it though since he did it so much at Purdue. I know Rak played DE at UT but he didn't have the run stopping pedigree that Kerrigan had at Purdue. Kerrigan had 53.5 tackles for LOSS and 33.5 sacks from the DE position Rak had 34.5 TFL and 23 sacks[/quote]
We should have went after Greg Williams...or better yet we never should have gotten rid of him to begin with.

swine

Postby Mr Flit » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:13 pm

TimSkin wrote:

A replacement for Has for a guy who wants a 4-3 installed. Saves you a draft pick as you have either Robinson, Riley to play the MLB position. Kerrigan is your rush backer and move Orakpo to the end position.

Don't you think Rak might be too small to play DE full time? Even if he gains weight? I could see Kerrigan doing it though since he did it so much at Purdue. I know Rak played DE at UT but he didn't have the run stopping pedigree that Kerrigan had at Purdue. Kerrigan had 53.5 tackles for LOSS and 33.5 sacks from the DE position Rak had 34.5 TFL and 23 sacks[/quote]

I think we've got the personnel to run a 4-3 which would help us save drafts picks. If you think Kerrigan is better suited then Orakpo then play him at DE and Orakpo at the rush linebacker.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Mr Flit wrote:
I think we've got the personnel to run a 4-3 which would help us save drafts picks. If you think Kerrigan is better suited then Orakpo then play him at DE and Orakpo at the rush linebacker.

Open competition in camp. If it turns out that Rak really doesn't fit, trade him; he's valuable on someone's roster.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Mr Flit wrote:
TimSkin wrote:

Don't you think Rak might be too small to play DE full time? Even if he gains weight? I could see Kerrigan doing it though since he did it so much at Purdue. I know Rak played DE at UT but he didn't have the run stopping pedigree that Kerrigan had at Purdue. Kerrigan had 53.5 tackles for LOSS and 33.5 sacks from the DE position Rak had 34.5 TFL and 23 sacks

I think we've got the personnel to run a 4-3 which would help us save drafts picks. If you think Kerrigan is better suited then Orakpo then play him at DE and Orakpo at the rush linebacker.[/quote]

That's what I was saying but we would need a beef cake in the middle with Coefield however Rak is a FA so if we switch to a 4/3 do we resign him or go after somebody for the same amount of money that plays the position now and would have a smooth transition because Rak is a liability in coverage. Either way we got a lot of questions of D
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Drew Brees was drafted in the 2nd round, not 2nd overall. And more importantly, he actually was one of the better qb's in the NFL while in San Diego and held off Phillip Rivers for the starting job after Rivers was drafted. He signed with the Saints after suffering a major shoulder injury, when the Chargers offered him an incentive-laden deal because of the injury. Not an apt comparison at all.

Et tu brute?

his point was
Didn't Breezy get released from SD before becoming.one of the best in the game?
The win now mentality of this fan base has no patience.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
Drew Brees was drafted in the 2nd round, not 2nd overall. And more importantly, he actually was one of the better qb's in the NFL while in San Diego and held off Phillip Rivers for the starting job after Rivers was drafted. He signed with the Saints after suffering a major shoulder injury, when the Chargers offered him an incentive-laden deal because of the injury. Not an apt comparison at all.

Et tu brute?

his point was

But he used a poor example to back up his point.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Canes... You are full of facts and tons of knowledge... :wink: I could use a little help here. Some of these trolls on here recently; might need some of your guidance. Not tit for tat.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Lol... Shanahans presser. What do you think of Foles this time around? Well, he showed poise and was protected well.

Would be nice if we could say the same. When this happens you will see a different Robert than this year.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:33 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

Et tu brute?

his point was

But he used a poor example to back up his point.

YES AND NO... the win now example w breezy, how'd that work out for SD? He didn't light it up out the gates, but worked hard to get there. Bobs skills out the gate are pretty good w a couple big weaknesses, that can be taught. He too will get there, if he isn't crushed
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:14 pm

DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 am

Every week I come in here and see the same thing; people bickering about what's wrong with this team...all I'll say is the entire team stinks, that's right, from the head coach all the way down to the water boy....nobody on this team is doing their job anywhere close to their full potential...the team has gone right back to where they've been for the last two decades....being the basement dwellers of the NFC East (they will probably lose all of their divisional games this year), and the laughing stocks of the NFL and not caring one bit about it. Go ahead and change the team name to something a bit more appropriate, like the Washington Losers....I'm sick of this sorry excuse of a team as should be all Redskins fans!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:42 am

99% of this board is #1 on that list.

Hog

Postby gushogs » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm part of the 1% that aint. I'm more on the #4 or #5 category...

HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football