What Happened???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: What Happened???

Postby ACW » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:14 pm

How did the team in general deteriorate so badly? I don't think we can blame RGIII's injury anymore.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:26 pm

ACW wrote:How did the team in general deteriorate so badly? I don't think we can blame RGIII's injury anymore.

That is a hard question to answer. I would guess that injury for RG3 has some to do with it. There is also the cap penality. Then there is a new ST coach and a new philosophy. Then there is the fact that coaching adjustments is an issue and then there is people losing time due to illegal hits and banned drugs. Tackling...Then there is..... There is plenty of excuses man. All is true, but we still have to do better. All of the above and then some.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:34 pm

It was NEVER solely due to RG3's injury …

the Redskins have MANY young, good players but we have NOT played as well as we are capable of this season

this team has many areas of concern to be addressed

HOWEVER

we still have our franchise QB and a number of very good players to build a better team around
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:42 am

ACW wrote:How did the team in general deteriorate so badly? I don't think we can blame RGIII's injury anymore.

Our "deterioration" was inevitable. Last season our defense only held a team to under 20 points 3 times. The only reason we were winning was because our offense was top 5 in the league and dropping close to 30 a game. This year they are averaging closer to 20. Our defense is incapable of holding teams to less than 20 a game. If our offense doesn't score 30+, we'll lose every time -- and that is what's happening.

So ultimately it is our defenses' fault for losing, but the difference between last year and this one is that our offense (mainly due to RGIIIs inability to play well) isn't destroying teams like it was last year.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:06 am

markshark84 wrote:

Our "deterioration" was inevitable. Last season our defense only held a team to under 20 points 3 times. The only reason we were winning was because our offense was top 5 in the league and dropping close to 30 a game. This year they are averaging closer to 20. Our defense is incapable of holding teams to less than 20 a game. If our offense doesn't score 30+, we'll lose every time -- and that is what's happening.

So ultimately it is our defenses' fault for losing, but the difference between last year and this one is that our offense (mainly due to RGIIIs inability to play well) isn't destroying teams like it was last year.

Completely agree with this. Our D needed to be able to help this team tread water in the early going of the season while RGIII got his legs back and they were incapable of doing so. Once our O came around and started to resemble last years offense (about the past 3 weeks maybe) we were in the same hole as last year (3 games under .500) and i think mentally a little demoralized. The players expected more and it's hard to keep fighting an uphill battle, year after year. Fletcher is not the same, RGIII is not the same yet, nobody has stepped up opposite Garcon, no safety play and despite Rak's return and Meriweather's the defense isn't any better.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:20 am

No one besides Garcon stepped up? Aren't you forgetting Alfred Morris?

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:No one besides Garcon stepped up? Aren't you forgetting Alfred Morris?

I said opposite, not besides. Alfred is not a WR.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football