2014 Free Agent & Draft Wish List

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

2014 Free Agent & Draft Wish List

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:58 am

Disgruntled at the moment. Figured looking forward to next year`s possibilities will be therapeutic :?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:34 am

I'm actually looking forward to the next 10 games ... this team is really not as bad as it has looked and I think we'll see some good football from them
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

B-rad

Re: 2014 Free Agent & Draft Wish List

Postby brad7686 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:51 pm

the crap has hit the fan. I've stopped drinking the kool-aid and have come to the conclusion that last year RGIII was just on a roll, and carried a bunch of rejects to the playoffs in a very lucky fashion.

-We need better D-linemen. Orakpo and Kerrigan collapse, but the QB can ALWAYS step up.

-I like our interior O-line in the zone scheme, but they all have to go because they don't even get a hand on 350 lb. D-linemen and RgIII can't even scramble because there's nowhere to go. How do you not even touch 350 lb. men? The physics is mind-boggling.

Obviously safety is a problem, we'll have a better verdict on corner when Amerson has more time.

Maybe its just me but London doesn't seem to be bringing it as usual. Its really a good thing we're getting some money to spend.

I go back and forth on the receivers. We could certainly use a good one in the offseason.

The big thing that needs to happen is the firing of Jim Haslett, if that happens I will have a happy offseason. The defense was never bad before he got here, and it has never been good since he's been here. He's never gotten the right personnel for the scheme, and the cheapest way to fix the Defense would be to just revert to a 4-3 where all these players have done well in the past anyway. I don't like Kyle much either.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:17 am

I'm hoping that we have a new OC, DC and ST coordinator next season
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:15 am

Kyle I am on the fence on. I will be extremely pissed if we don't get a new Defensive and ST coordinator in here next season.

JSPB22

Re:

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:17 am

SkinsJock wrote:I'm actually looking forward to the next 10 games

Are you thinking playoffs, or the first three games of next year?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Re: Re:

Postby Countertrey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Does it matter that he wrote that 4 games ago? #-o
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Re: Re:

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Does it matter that he wrote that 4 games ago? #-o

Nope. Next week it'll be even worse. :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:19 am

If I were to compile a list right now:
1. DE
2. DE
3. Safety
4. ILB
5. WR
6. CB

If I were BA, I would draft the best available at DE, Safety, or ILB with our 2nd round pick. I would like to see a DE, but generally all the immediate impact ones are gone by the first round. CB is one of those positions you may be able to find in FA (as with safety if completely necessary). WR is tricky because you rarely get value in the FA market as there are so many determinables that make a WR successful (that may not make them successful on the next team they join). I personally like to acquire WRs via the draft. I would love to use a second rounder (I never believe you should use a #1 on a RB or WR) on a top 2 or 3 WR, but we have larger issues to contend with --- so that is out of the question. Our DL situation is clearly our worst. We need guys that can rush the ends and get to the QB. We have nothing close to that now. If our DL was able to get QB pressure, it would solve a TON of our current defensive issues.

MS/BA have done a VERY good job of rebuilding our offense, they now have to focus on the D. Outside of WR, a luxury pickup would be at OG. That said, OL is a unit and it takes time for that unit to gell. With RGIII coming back to form, our offense is trending up. Over the next 2 seasons we will need to replace or transition 1 CB, 1 ILB, 1 DB, 2 DE, 1 DT (not including any injuries that may occur) --- are those replacements need to be starting quality.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:55 am

It's not the job of the DL to rush the QB in the 3-4. Their job is to occupy the OL so the LBs can attack the QB and RBs. The NT should provide a push up the middle, though. That being said, I wouldn't mind upgrading the DL, but I think the OL is more of a priority.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:03 pm

there are still a number of areas of concern - the OL is major and the secondary needs help also …

I will amend my earlier post to say that I think Mike should get another season based on what he and Bruce have done …

and

if Mike is going to be here, he should keep Kyle and Jim if he feels that they're doing their jobs …

I'm looking forward to many years with RG3 leading our offense

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:It's not the job of the DL to rush the QB in the 3-4. Their job is to occupy the OL so the LBs can attack the QB and RBs. The NT should provide a push up the middle, though. That being said, I wouldn't mind upgrading the DL, but I think the OL is more of a priority.

That is the old myth. The DE is designed to get pressure regardless. Their job is not to "hold" the OL so the LBs can penetrate. That basically makes their job useless --- and you NEVER do that in the NFL. The only reason I can think of a DL "occupying" the OL is if they want to bring in an LB to rush the 1, 2, 3, or 4 gaps --- then the DE would try to rush outside; but if the OL picks up the LB, the DE picks up the LB assignment to the QB.

Our DL is grossly lacking. That all said, I do agree that in the 3-4 the majority of the pressure comes from the LBs, but if the DEs can't occupy their man or get past them, it kills the D.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:47 am

I like Mark`s post. I'd add to that signing in FA two WRs, a safety, and a few OL men. Depending on how much we have left in the cap, perhaps even a corner or two (Amerson is going to mature well IMO, & I'm still scratching my head about Minnefield being on the PS).

All FA players would need to be young dominating studs in or close to their prime. The rest will be like Mark`s list in the draft.

Really wish we could work up something to get a first round pick next year. I'd love to see us get Cyril Richardson from Baylor or a monster DL man.

Tall order :)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:16 pm

What we don't need...
QB
RB
FB
Will and Sam
TE
#1 WR
LT
K

All else... is a problem.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:05 am

Countertrey wrote:What we don't need...
QB
RB
FB
Will and Sam
TE
#1 WR
LT
K

All else... is a problem.

Some of the "else" is more problematic than others.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to General Manager's Office