Moss on Griffin

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Moss on Griffin

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Having just heard Robert at the presser today - I am even more convinced that there is no big issue going on between he and the other players or with Mike & Kyle

nothing more here - carry on :lol:
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:44 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Why does he say if he took a sack it would have ended the game!? It was 3rd and 1 with 38 seconds left, right?

It is possible he thought it was 4th down.

Just sayin'.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

Griffin says "I tried; I failed." Yeah, he described the whole play and noted that no one was open (which, by the way, was true).

Greg Cosell of NFL Films would disagree with bothyou and Robert, today on "The Drive" with Cooley and Czabe he said he had Garcon open immediately after he got the snap. He said it was an easy read and would have beenn easy throw for the first down. He also said RG3 "missed a ton of plays" and he had receivers open on almost every play.
J
So much for the Egirls knowing what they were doing.

Moss should have ripped RG3, he has been the biggest problem (Griffin not Moss) on offense almost all year.

With that said, if the Defense and Social teams were playing as well as the offense we would be leading the division.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Having just heard Robert at the presser today - I am even more convinced that there is no big issue going on between he and the other players or with Mike & Kyle

nothing more here - carry on :lol:

that is good and I think he did a much better job. http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/v ... b2a800f161

He is a political science major and that is how a speaker should handle himself. It doesn't change the past, but it shows he is learning and adjusting.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:03 pm

gay4pacman wrote:someone needs to step up.

unfortunately it has to be the guy who might not even be here next year...

need a young leader to step up asap.

It is a good thing he did because, I think he has fixed an issue.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Robert and Moss met today and apparently worked out anything that wasn't straight. Both spoke to the media later on to say that it wasn't an issue.

(Oh, and it looks like he did mean to say he was trying to throw it away — and that he was trying to take the blame for that.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redskins-r ... --nfl.html

Redskins' RG3 clears air with Moss, coaches

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- Robert Griffin III parsed the appropriate uses of ''me'' and ''I'' when it comes to owning up to a mistake and privately explained his words to teammates Santana Moss and coaches Wednesday.

It was the latest bit of damage control in a disappointing season for the under-the-microscope quarterback.

Griffin was dealing with the backlash from the comments he made after the Washington Redskins' 24-16 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, when his unwise third-and-1 heave was intercepted in the end zone in the final minute to end his team's last chance to tie the game.

''I think at the end of the day, I just have to know in that situation after a tough loss to a divisional opponent I can't give anybody any opportunity to read into my words and misinterpret anything,'' Griffin said. ''Some of the things I said, I was trying to give a good compliment to Philly. I wasn't trying to take any shots at anybody and it turned out that way.

''You're asking me today, if I could take any of that back, yeah, I would take it back, because in the heat of that moment, you're frustrated. You're trying to figure out why things didn't work. I'm trying to give you guys honest answers and it hurt us in that sense. That's on me.''

Griffin's specific words Sunday were hardly earth-shattering, but they were just enough to stoke a prevalent notion that he doesn't always take his fair share of blame and that his relationship with the coaching staff isn't the greatest.

Regarding the interception, he said Sunday: ''We had a certain concept we were running, and nobody got open so I was backing up, and in the situation where you get a sack there, it ends the game. I was trying to throw the ball to the back of the end zone. It didn't get to where I wanted it to go.''

Regarding the Eagles in general, he said after the game: ''They did a good job of scheming us up. Obviously, we were able to run the ball effectively, but in the passing game, they kind of had us. They kind of knew what was coming before it was coming and, like I said, that is disheartening.''

That was enough for Moss, a well-respected veteran, to speak up. Moss told 106.7 The Fan on Tuesday that: ''Regardless of the outcome, good or bad, you have to at some point, stand up and say 'me' or 'I.'''

Moss met with Griffin on Wednesday and then attempted to put a new spin on his comments Wednesday, saying they were meant as a message to all leaders that it's best to take responsibility no matter who's at fault.

''It was nothing that I said should make you believe that we're not cool,'' Moss said.

Griffin said he and Moss were ''on the same page.'' Griffin also seemed perplexed by the whole ''me''/"I'' uproar.

''You guys asked me about the last play of the game. I said I tried to throw the ball away and it didn't work,'' Griffin said. ''I don't know who else is to blame for that. I tried to throw the ball away and it didn't work. ... Maybe I can say 'I', 'me' a whole lot more, but other people can take that the wrong way, too.''

Griffin also met with coach Mike Shanahan and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, explaining that ''scheming us up'' wasn't a dig at them. Asked to explain his relationship with the two, he said: ''It's three guys that want to win football games.''

''We want to win and that's the bottom line,'' Griffin said. ''Whenever you're not winning, it creates a lot of madness, especially in where we're at right now with the Washington Redskins. The only way to stop the madness is for us to win and you've got three guys - Coach, Kyle, myself - we all want to win and that's a good recipe.''

Taking the middle ground was Mike Shanahan, who is trying to keep a 3-7 team focused for a Monday night game against the San Francisco 49ers.

''You've got a tough loss and a lot of emotions after a game and all of a sudden, hey, you look back and say, 'Maybe I wish I would have said it a different way, but this is what I meant,''' Shanahan said. ''I know Robert meant nothing by it. I know Santana meant nothing by it. Both guys expressed their opinion.''
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby iScrub » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:23 pm

This whole thing is a joke and the sports media is gonna milk it for everything it's worth. Can't blame them. Despite RG3's shortcomings this year, that offense is still putting up enough points to be better than 3-7. Maybe if the defense wasn't giving up 31 a game. Sure turnovers hurt, but the Redskins defense can't stop ANYBODY. That's the biggest reason they're sitting at 3-7 because the offense is only scoring 3 points less than last year while the Efense is giving up a full touchdown more per game. 28th in total defense vice 6th in total offense and you telling me that lack of leadership and taking blame from the team's 2nd year QB is the biggest issue? How about a coaching staff that is inept from front to back. How about some leadership from Haslett? How come Rak and Kerigan can't rush the QB? That has nothing to do with the QB's sound bytes or field positioning or anything. RUSH THE QB! Get outta here, man - too many people are making excuses and looking right past the obvious. The kid has less than 30 regular season starts to his name and you have a vet WR (who by the way has butter fingers lately) complaining that he isn't taking enough blame for the team's misfortunes. How about asking your offensive and defensive coordinators to man up? How about asking Shanford & Son why they go away from Afred so early in games despite the guy being at the top of the league in yards per tote? This is a joke.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:04 am

iScrub wrote:Shanford & Son

ROTFALMAO

iScrub.. welcome to the site. I'm so using Shanford & Son from now on!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:10 am

iScrub wrote:This whole thing is a joke and the sports media is gonna milk it for everything it's worth. Can't blame them. Despite RG3's shortcomings this year, that offense is still putting up enough points to be better than 3-7. Maybe if the defense wasn't giving up 31 a game. Sure turnovers hurt, but the Redskins defense can't stop ANYBODY. That's the biggest reason they're sitting at 3-7 because the offense is only scoring 3 points less than last year while the Efense is giving up a full touchdown more per game. 28th in total defense vice 6th in total offense and you telling me that lack of leadership and taking blame from the team's 2nd year QB is the biggest issue? How about a coaching staff that is inept from front to back. How about some leadership from Haslett? How come Rak and Kerigan can't rush the QB? That has nothing to do with the QB's sound bytes or field positioning or anything. RUSH THE QB! Get outta here, man - too many people are making excuses and looking right past the obvious. The kid has less than 30 regular season starts to his name and you have a vet WR (who by the way has butter fingers lately) complaining that he isn't taking enough blame for the team's misfortunes. How about asking your offensive and defensive coordinators to man up? How about asking Shanford & Son why they go away from Afred so early in games despite the guy being at the top of the league in yards per tote? This is a joke.

Amen brother I salute you!! Finally another member that GETS IT!!!

:celebrate: \:D/

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:13 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:

ROTFALMAO

I like Shanford & Son too, but iScrub is just another troll. So, no welcome mats here.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:39 am

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

ROTFALMAO

I like Shanford & Son too, but iScrub is just another troll. So, no welcome mats here.

He is no more a troll than Shanford and Son....And heck Shanford is getting 7 million a year...... =D> =D> =D> =D>

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:46 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:He is no more a troll than Shanford and Son....And heck Shanford is getting 7 million a year...... =D> =D> =D> =D>

I don't think you got the point.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:49 am

iScrub wrote:This whole thing is a joke and the sports media is gonna milk it for everything it's worth. Can't blame them. Despite RG3's shortcomings this year, that offense is still putting up enough points to be better than 3-7. Maybe if the defense wasn't giving up 31 a game. Sure turnovers hurt, but the Redskins defense can't stop ANYBODY. That's the biggest reason they're sitting at 3-7 because the offense is only scoring 3 points less than last year while the Efense is giving up a full touchdown more per game. 28th in total defense vice 6th in total offense and you telling me that lack of leadership and taking blame from the team's 2nd year QB is the biggest issue? How about a coaching staff that is inept from front to back. How about some leadership from Haslett? How come Rak and Kerigan can't rush the QB? That has nothing to do with the QB's sound bytes or field positioning or anything. RUSH THE QB! Get outta here, man - too many people are making excuses and looking right past the obvious. The kid has less than 30 regular season starts to his name and you have a vet WR (who by the way has butter fingers lately) complaining that he isn't taking enough blame for the team's misfortunes. How about asking your offensive and defensive coordinators to man up? How about asking Shanford & Son why they go away from Afred so early in games despite the guy being at the top of the league in yards per tote? This is a joke.

I agree with alomost all of this, but only differ with you on the offensive coaching. Kyle has been very good this year. We have the #6 offense with a QB that has missed 3 or 4 times as many plays as he has made. Griffin is as much, if not more responsible for Kyle being percieved to "go away from Alfred" too early. Griffin has missed way to many passes that would have moved the chains an allowed Kyle to stick with Morris. if you don't convert third down or a reciever drops a sure first down you simply will not run the ball as much because you just don't have the oppertunity to do it.

Now with that said, the offense is the least of this teams concerns!!! They are a DISTANT third behind Defense and Special teams. The Vikings game was almost all on the defense. You go an entire game and only force a Christain Ponder/Matt Castle led team to punt ONCE, YES ONCE!!!!!!! in a game you deserve to loose! To be fair they did pick a ball ending a Vikings drive, but as long as we are being honest, the one punt the defense "forced" was because the reciever fell down. In that game the offense scored on their first FIVE drives and the defense stopped the Vikings twice (and one of those stops was because of the receiver falling down) i would say the offense played well enough to win.

Now there have been a couple of games where the O didn't show like the Denver game and the first 3/4s of both Philly game, but it has been far and away the defense that has stunk up the joint!

AND AS BAD AS THE DEFENSE HAS BEEN, SPECIAL TEAMS HAS BEEN WORSE!!!!

I've got no doubt (provide both Shannys survive this offseason) that Griffin will improve, they will add some more pieces on the O and D, but NONE of that will matter if Haslet and Burns are back. This team can win with the O as good as it is this season as long as they get ALMOST competant play from the D and ST.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:33 am

skinsfan - Haslett is the DC but he's Mike's DC and Mike is VERY involved with the defense this season

Ken Burns is another BIG mistake IMHO by Mike - Special Teams play under Danny Smith must not have 'pleased' Mike ...
HOWEVER, Danny Smith IS one of the best ST coordinators around at this time

we will see some more changes here but I'm not sure that the 'coaching' is going to 'improve' as much as we need it to
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:23 am

SkinsJock wrote:skinsfan - Haslett is the DC but he's Mike's DC and Mike is VERY involved with the defense this season

Ken Burns is another BIG mistake IMHO by Mike - Special Teams play under Danny Smith must not have 'pleased' Mike ...
HOWEVER, Danny Smith IS one of the best ST coordinators around at this time

we will see some more changes here but I'm not sure that the 'coaching' is going to 'improve' as much as we need it to

Just FYI, Danny Smith wasn't asked to leave by Shanahan and there's no evidence he was in trouble here. Instead, he actually asked the Redskins for permission to leave to join Pittsburgh, which is where he's from.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football