Fred Davis could play this week

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Fred Davis could play this week

Postby drocksthaparty » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:30 pm

I am sorry, I really like Fred Davis, I don't know why we are doing this to this kid. We need to play both tight ends, that is how great teams win. Look tonight, both Jimmy Graham and Ben Watson both scored touchdowns. Why not give RG3 more weapons? I don't get it.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... y/15124553?

Hog

Re: Fred Davis could play this week

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:22 am

Shanny mentioned folks like us not seeing what happens in practice...seems he's just doing crappy.

Its sad because his hands were good in preseason, but also think about our OL; they need blocking TEs with good hands.

I think he will play if Reed isn't back in. I also think this is game could very well be Davis` "last chance" in the NFL (the staff doesn't seem interested in him, other teams aren`t interested in him).

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:25 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Shanny mentioned folks like us not seeing what happens in practice...seems he's just doing crappy.

Its sad because his hands were good in preseason, but also think about our OL; they need blocking TEs with good hands.

I think he will play if Reed isn't back in. I also think this is game could very well be Davis` "last chance" in the NFL (the staff doesn't seem interested in him, other teams aren`t interested in him).

IMO - there are too many players and coaches that are not putting much effort into helping this franchise be successful this season

Hopefully Davis makes an effort to show that he wants to play or he will not have a job in the NFL next season
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:33 am

Yeah, I think I'm on the same page as SkinsJock here. I mean, the idea that the coach of a struggling, 3-7 team would bury a "weapon" out of spite is just highly dubious. I'm not arguing about Fred Davis' talent, but why start a guy if you're not sure of his effort and commitment?

My feeling on the Fred Davis thing is that he's probably been acting like Carlos Rogers was in his last year or two. One foot out the door, obviously not planning on being here in the future. Shanahan was completely right to start the players he can count on who are part of the long term plans here, and lucky we had the depth to be able to do that.

I think this is a big week for Davis too. His reputation is damaged, and he's hurt his prospects for his next contract. He has an opportunity to go out there and prove something.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:35 am

You know, it really is a bummer. One of my favorite plays of the preseason, against the Titans' starters on an opening drive, was Cousins bootlegging and hitting Davis in the back of the endzone.

;furious;
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:57 am

DarthMonk wrote:You know, it really is a bummer. One of my favorite plays of the preseason, against the Titans' starters on an opening drive, was Cousins bootlegging and hitting Davis in the back of the endzone.

;furious;

Maybe you'll get RGIII to Davis for three TDs against the 49ers Monday night?

Now where did I set that crack pipe down...? #-o

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:30 am

riggofan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:You know, it really is a bummer. One of my favorite plays of the preseason, against the Titans' starters on an opening drive, was Cousins bootlegging and hitting Davis in the back of the end zone.

ROTFALMAO and don't let Fred find it either ROTFALMAO
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:55 pm

riggofan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:You know, it really is a bummer. One of my favorite plays of the preseason, against the Titans' starters on an opening drive, was Cousins bootlegging and hitting Davis in the back of the endzone.

;furious;

He doesn't have many healthy targets left. Davis could be the star this game.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:36 am

SkinsJock wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Shanny mentioned folks like us not seeing what happens in practice...seems he's just doing crappy.

IMO - there are too many players and coaches that are not putting much effort into helping this franchise be successful this season

Hopefully Davis makes an effort to show that he wants to play or he will not have a job in the NFL next season

Agreed

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:40 am

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:You know, it really is a bummer. One of my favorite plays of the preseason, against the Titans' starters on an opening drive, was Cousins bootlegging and hitting Davis in the back of the end zone.

ROTFALMAO and don't let Fred find it either ROTFALMAO

Nah, Fred`s new kicks is a self-taser :lol:

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:21 am

riggofan wrote:Yeah, I think I'm on the same page as SkinsJock here. I mean, the idea that the coach of a struggling, 3-7 team would bury a "weapon" out of spite is just highly dubious. I'm not arguing about Fred Davis' talent, but why start a guy if you're not sure of his effort and commitment?

My feeling on the Fred Davis thing is that he's probably been acting like Carlos Rogers was in his last year or two. One foot out the door, obviously not planning on being here in the future. Shanahan was completely right to start the players he can count on who are part of the long term plans here, and lucky we had the depth to be able to do that.

I think this is a big week for Davis too. His reputation is damaged, and he's hurt his prospects for his next contract. He has an opportunity to go out there and prove something.

Yeah, falling asleep whilst watching film isn't going to impress anybody in the NFL, especially after his previous ban a couple of years back, just adds up to more trouble than its worth...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Postby yupchagee » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Someone will give him a chance. He has too much talent to ignore & many coaches are certain that they can fix a player's attitude.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:30 am

Fred can pick up the slack. We really need Morgan to have a big night.

“I feel like I’ve shown everything I can. . . . I feel like I can’t control the way the coaches decided to do things or whatever,” Morgan said after Thursday’s practice. “I can’t control the situation. But I feel like everybody knows my talent. Everybody sees the talent that I do have when I am out there. Everybody seen what I did last year with two broken hands and seven screws in my foot. So I don’t feel like I’ve got to prove nothing to nobody. I feel like I just go out there and play football.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:52 am

We really need him to have a huge game tonight, I don't care what he did in the past, he needs to step up when he gets his chance.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:26 pm

yupchagee wrote:Someone will give him a chance. He has too much talent to ignore & many coaches are certain that they can fix a player's attitude.

I don't think there is any question about that. But Fred wanted a big payday on this contract, and the big money offers just weren't there for him last spring. Not sure he's done anything this season to improve on the salary he commands.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football