Trent Williams says official verbally abused him

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Trent Williams says official verbally abused him

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 am

I'm sure the refs will be watching Trent Williams a little more closely from now on …

and we thought the refs were biased against us before ….
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:19 am

The umpire was suspended for one game without pay. And yes the man is an umpire.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:07 pm

DarthMonk wrote:The umpire was suspended for one game without pay. And yes the man is an umpire.

thanks for making that clear - I am so fortunate to be able to 'learn' so many important things here :roll:

the guys in the striped gear are all officials or referees to me and IMHO they all seem to be a little biased against the Redskins …

maybe it's just the umpires that are having eyesight issues - thanks again for that :P
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:31 pm

The official deserves to be suspended for the season, or fired. Yes, it seems to disrupt T Williams' concentration, at least a bit, before the play.

Most important: the officials should be impartial. If Williams cursed the official, then the official should have thrown Williams out of the game...just as baseball umpires toss players, coaches, and managers who use the "magic word". Since the official neither tossed Williams nor threw a flag, we can assume that the official escalated...and was biased against the Redskins.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:05 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:The umpire was suspended for one game without pay. And yes the man is an umpire.

thanks for making that clear - I am so fortunate to be able to 'learn' so many important things here :roll:

the guys in the striped gear are all officials or referees to me and IMHO they all seem to be a little biased against the Redskins …

maybe it's just the umpires that are having eyesight issues - thanks again for that :P

Ooh, the frisky smart-alecky SJ. Only reason I said "and yes he is an umpire" is because Some people like to step in and Correct mistakes that are not mistakes.

Anyway he's been suspended without pay as he probably should have been.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:24 pm

This part just kills me:
Pro Bowl left tackle Trent Williams has been accused by two organizations, the Fritz Pollard Alliance and the NFL Referees Association, of directing a profanity and a racial slur at official Roy Ellison during last weekend’s defeat at Philadelphia to provoke a profane response by Ellison that led to the umpire being suspended for one game without pay Friday by the NFL. Williams has denied using a slur.

I just can't believe it, unless someone can explain why anyone would make a stink out of it if he (Williams) started it!

Maybe I am just paranoid or I am a just some kind of conspiracy theorist.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... igh-drama/

From what I read or heard on the radio, people were telling Williams to shut up when he went on his rant after the game. This remains to be seen if the Skins get extra tough love or if they back off.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:07 pm

from what we've heard they were both using inappropriate language …

the "official" has been suspended - I doubt that anything happens to Williams as there does not seem to be any audio confirming it
also it seems that Williams has been known to use the 'n' word a lot during games

but I do think that Williams and the Redskins will see much closer scrutiny from the other "officials" as a form of payback and to continue with their obvious bias against our franchise

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:55 pm

SkinsJock wrote:from what we've heard they were both using inappropriate language …

the "official" has been suspended - I doubt that anything happens to Williams as there does not seem to be any audio confirming it
also it seems that Williams has been known to use the 'n' word a lot during games

but I do think that Williams and the Redskins will see much closer scrutiny from the other "officials" as a form of payback and to continue with their obvious bias against our franchise

If Williams had a microphone, there should have been evidence if he started the spat. My guess: Williams was snarling at the other team and the umpire misunderstood. That's why baseball players will turn directly away from the home plate umpire before cursing themselves when they swing and miss. Williams appears surprised when the unpire says something.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:15 pm

welch wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:from what we've heard they were both using inappropriate language …

If Williams had a microphone, there should have been evidence if he started the spat. My guess: Williams was snarling at the other team and the umpire misunderstood.

Maybe Williams was snarling at whomever.... I would guess other than DH, there aren't very many players that would cuss out an Umpire as Darth pointed out.

We know it isn't beneath Williams to have a good time :) but, there is no way IMO that TW would do this during the game. I can see him getting mad and puching someone (player). No way would he cuss out an umpire/ref when you have a chance to win. That would be beyond stupid and he isn't that. TW is our future and he knows it.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:49 pm

we do know that Trent Williams has a well earned rep for mouthing off at EVERYBODY - players and officials - he's always yelling and loves to use the 'n' word

he will be in the spotlight from here on out

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Well, we also know the umpire is a two time loser. This isn't his first rodeo. What we don't know is what Williams said, if anything to the umpire. It's hearsay from the refs. There were other witnesses besides Williams.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:00 am

It really does not matter if Williams said anything or not …

the man lost a paycheck and there is no doubt that Williams will get a lot of attention

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:54 am

I found some audio. Here's a partial transcript:

Trent: Hello. Nice day for football.

Ump: STFU.

Trent: Excuse me.

Ump: I hate you and your team.

Trent: Are you talking to me, sir.

Ump: You are a good-for-nothing MFN.

Trent: Sir?

Ump: Don't "sir" me. Just keep your mouth shut I take what I give you ... bitch.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:32 am

DarthMonk wrote:I found some audio. Here's a partial transcript:

Trent: Hello. Nice day for football.

Ump: STFU.

Trent: Excuse me.

Ump: I hate you and your team.

Trent: Are you talking to me, sir.

Ump: You are a good-for-nothing MFN.

Trent: Sir?

Ump: Don't "sir" me. Just keep your mouth shut I take what I give you ... bitch.

LMAO!!!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:24 pm

The NFL’s statement notes that officials “are expected to avoid personal confrontations with players and be respectful of players and coaches at all times,” and it cites the collective bargaining agreement with the NFL Referees’ Association, which states that “at no time will a Game Official engage in any conduct which adversely affects or reflects on the NFL or which results in the impairment of public confidence in the honest and orderly conduct of League games or the integrity or good character of its Game Officials.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/red ... z2lgA61abG
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

That sums up that whole story.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football