NOW it's time to start Cousins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: NOW it's time to start Cousins

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:43 am

^^ I don't see anything in either post that indicates a 'yea' or 'nay' on the switch to Cousins :shock:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:48 pm

I think next year, if we hear the boo birds then maybe it is time for Cousins. Until then, please understand he is what he is, a back up!!! You wont be happy; even after you get your wish.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Starting him behind THIS line will just make his stock plumet. He most likely will get hurt, and then what? Some people need to think things through before posting
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:42 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Starting him behind THIS line will just make his stock plumet. He most likely will get hurt, and then what? Some people need to think things through before posting

I agree and this isn't even at worse.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:21 am

riggofan wrote:That's a ridiculous comparison. For one thing, nobody around here is going to be that crazy if Shanahan does decide to bench RGIII. The only thing fans around here know that they like is CHANGE. They'll cheer if he benches RGIII, and they'll cheer again if he has to bench Cousins later to bring back RGIII. And if you don't believe that, you weren't around here for Rex-Becks-Rex.

No it's really not. Shanny is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Some fans will cheer if he's benched, but the majority would be angry solely because of how he's the franchise, and how good he was last year. With Rex, we all knew what he was. Beck was an unknown, so of course fans wanted to see what we had in him. Then he came in and looked even worse, so everyone naturally wanted to shift back to Rex. Completely different situation with Griffin/Cousins.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:11 am

Stick with RGIII and fix the problems around him.

I couldn't agree more with this.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:22 am

gibbsfan wrote:Stick with RGIII and fix the problems around him.

you're right and it really is just that simple …
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:38 am

Same here. Griffin is not the problem, not by a long shot.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:52 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

you're right and it really is just that simple …

I would like to agree that the Shannys have done well by rebuilding this team, but just can't see it. Special teams and defense have gone from bad to worse, our overall record is terrible and we are again in last place, and the offensive line still sucks. The positive changes appear flukish, or almost. RG3, may or may not end up being a plus; Morris was an unexpected gift from the football gods, like Reed. On the other hand. Garcon was a solid pickup. Maybe Amerson will work out and Kerrigan seems to be the real deal. But, still, I do not think of Shanny and Allen as uber football guys, but rather projects only marginally qualified for prime time. We have no depth, we have weakness everywhere, after all this time. In all these Shanny years, our only real success was a single seven game win streak. We have been humiliated, not just beaten, time after time. Last week, when we dropped behind by a few touchdowns, we were reduced to one weapon-- Griffin to Garcon. It did not suffice. Surprize! If I had been the coach I would have spent the last two quarters handing off to Morris and mixing in short passes to Garcon, mostly. Morris had only 14 carries, almost none is the second half. How many times will we make the same mistake and endanger Griffin's life, as well as throw one of our best weapons overboard.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:04 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Brennan

We finally have our QB. It took a long time but now we have one. Growing pains are expected. We all knew this when the Skins drafted him. He had a great year thanks to Kyle,Morris and HIM!!!!
How quickly we forget. Reed, Morris, Garcon, DY, Helu are only going to help for years to come.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:43 am

The reason behind the offensive woes are very simple. The O-line was constructed of players other teams cut because they could not pass block in the NFL. Shanahan thought he could hide that by putting them in a zone blocking scheme with a mobile qb and utilization of the read-option. Now, the qb is hurt, teams have figured out what we did last year, the Offensive line predictably can't pass block, the receivers are lame, just like last year, Trent Williams looks bad, and we are terrible.

The defense has been bad every year we have had Haslett and will continue to be until he is gone.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:15 am

brad7686 wrote:The reason behind the offensive woes are very simple. The O-line was constructed of players other teams cut because they could not pass block in the NFL. Shanahan thought he could hide that by putting them in a zone blocking scheme with a mobile qb and utilization of the read-option. Now, the qb is hurt, teams have figured out what we did last year, the Offensive line predictably can't pass block, the receivers are lame, just like last year, Trent Williams looks bad, and we are terrible.

The defense has been bad every year we have had Haslett and will continue to be until he is gone.

This is true but you're missing the point of WHY he had to use those players. We didn't have the money to spend on anybody better. How is that Shanahan's fault??? How about giving him some credit that we made the playoffs last year using those same terrible players, same terrible defense?

Man, people drive me freaking nuts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:24 pm

riggofan wrote:
brad7686 wrote:The reason behind the offensive woes are very simple. The O-line was constructed of players other teams cut because they could not pass block in the NFL. Shanahan thought he could hide that by putting them in a zone blocking scheme with a mobile qb and utilization of the read-option. Now, the qb is hurt, teams have figured out what we did last year, the Offensive line predictably can't pass block, the receivers are lame, just like last year, Trent Williams looks bad, and we are terrible.

This is true but you're missing the point of WHY he had to use those players. We didn't have the money to spend on anybody better. How is that Shanahan's fault??? How about giving him some credit that we made the playoffs last year using those same terrible players, same terrible defense?

I understand what you're saying, however Shanny has always tried to use undersized linemen because it's the best way to run the zone scheme. They used to be able to cut block, and also pass rushers have gotten a lot more athletic since Shanny was last relevant.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:13 pm

brad7686 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

I understand what you're saying, however Shanny has always tried to use undersized linemen because it's the best way to run the zone scheme. They used to be able to cut block, and also pass rushers have gotten a lot more athletic since Shanny was last relevant.

Gotcha, different argument. Personally I don't know whether the zone blocking scheme still works or not. My impression has been that it works great in the running game just like it always has. I suspect we need a couple better players to have any hope of allowing Robert to drop back and pass. Anybody else have a more informed opinion on that?

I don't know that pass rushers suddenly got more athletic in the one year that Shanahan was out of coaching. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football