What if... (Coaching Staff)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
+++++++++

What if... (Coaching Staff)

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:38 am

Look... I believe in Mike Shanahan. I think he's been working very patiently and slowly because he believes that Snyder will be patient. He made a big mistake trading for McNabb (set us back two years) and trading for Brown... but all in all I believe he's taking the team in the right direction.

Rather than reaching on a QB like Blaine Gabbert or Jimmy Claussen or Christian Ponder or Andy Dalton... he bided his time. Waited to develop the rest of the team and went after a QB when the time was right. That resulted in RGIII, who despite playing poorly this season looks like a future star. He's got the intangibles, he's got the ability... but he hurt his knee last season and missed an entire offseason of work. He's way behind on offensive schemes and reading defenses. He'll get better. The team has dealt with unfair cap penalties but still...

I believe in Mike Shanahan

That being said. If the team lays another egg on national television, if they play half a game again, if the seats remain empty... I think he's gone.

If the unthinkable happens and Mike Shanahan is fired as HC, what would you do if you were Dan Snyder?

Me? I'd hire Russ Grimm as HC, change the culture. Grimm's got ties to Clancy Pendergast, who's currently the DC for USC. They run a 3-4. I'd bring him in and keep some continuity. Mike Miller could be a good choice for the offense as he worked closely with Grimm in AZ.

That being said, I hope it doesn't come to this... but if the team crawls through the last few games and looks listless, I don't think there's any way around it.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football