Chiefs at Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

I have a funny feeling...

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:37 pm

That we are going to upset the Chiefs on Sunday. Of our remaining games, on paper this one is the most obvious choice for us to be completely destroyed. Maybe it's just the homer in me, but I have a gut feeling that our defense is going to stop the rush, and Alex Smith (like the guy but he's a tad overrated) is going to make some boneheaded mistakes. Our offense is going to catch the Chiefs highly touted defense off guard, and I think we'll pull out an upset. Just seems like this always happens. We lose to the teams we should beat easily (Vikings, Giants) and seem to outplay the teams we should lose to (Bears, Chargers). I smell an upset.

Hog

Re: I have a funny feeling...

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:26 pm

We are due a win. This game I expect to get beat. I am hoping we can be competitive and who knows... We might pull a 4 quarter game out and surprise ourselves. If I could put some money down on KC we would probably win. I'll try to find a sucker.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:09 pm

I actually have a funny feeling that if these coaches can keep this together this year, and that is a BIG if, we are gonna come out next year and light it up. The media is throwing the kitchen sink at this team right now (half of it is total BS) and with only 3 wins, they're weathering it pretty darn well. I ultimately have come to the conclusion that they need to keep Shannahan. Questionable on keeping Haslet and Kyle. I'd actually love them to bring in Wade Phillips when he gets canned as well. Plus, we have some good young players on this team. We have a ton of cash next year, and Robert needed this year to not only learn how to read defenses better, but also be humbled. This will ultimately help him long term.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:36 am

If the reports of a rift between Griffin and Kyle and/or Mike are true, I don't see how they would be able to turn anything around even in a 5th year without the cap penalty.

DarthMonk

Chiefs at Redskins

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:12 am

Woke up to snow. Maybe it's a good sign. $7 on stubhub.

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:30 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:If the reports of a rift between Griffin and Kyle and/or Mike are true, I don't see how they would be able to turn anything around even in a 5th year without the cap penalty.

1) That's a big IF.

2) I just don't see that being such a big issue. Does anyone believe RGIII wants to come out next year and have a year like this one again? That affects his reputation, his endorsements, etc; All of that stuff is very important to him. If Shanahan is back next year, brings in some new players, addresses some of the other issues on the team, I'm sure RGIII will do his part to help win.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:39 am

I think that everyone concerned will make every effort to make things better here …

the media and some fans like to 'conjure up' and create things like this

Robert and Kyle are very good at what they do and THEY are going to find a way to work together AND be more effective
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:45 am

SkinsJock wrote:I think that everyone concerned will make every effort to make things better here …

the media and some fans like to 'conjure up' and create things like this

Robert and Kyle are very good at what they do and THEY are going to find a way to work together AND be more effective

Its a lot easier to like each other when you're winning. :)

Totally agree with you on the above comment.

piggie

Postby oj » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:10 am

I think the boys are going to have a good day. I truely believe some of the old time skins - like Fletch & Moss - are fireing the team up and giving them the pride that they deserve.
The wins/losses don't mean nothin on game day. We are at home, it is snowing and we're gonna kickass and humiliate the Chiefs - how dare they assume an Indian name!
Molon Labe

swine

Re: Chiefs at Redskins

Postby Mr Flit » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:55 pm

I'll take four quarters of competitive football and some competent officials. [-o< Oh and some receivers who catch 8-[

Hog

Back on track

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Do you remember playing with electric trains as a kid? Remember that piece of track you'd use run cars over in order to get the wheels back on the rails? That's the Redskins....if your team needs to get back on track, all you need to do is play the Skins....the Skins will get the Chefs back on track today :0(

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Not a good start so far.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:13 pm

3rd & 10. SMH

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Good throw on that 3rd down play. First down. Keep getting them. Blocking on the run isn't performing so far though.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:16 pm

F this team. Doomed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football