Interim Coaching Staff?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
+++++++++

Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Okay, so the OC is the coach's son, the DC is considered part of the problem... so who in the world would be the interim HC and who would fill the staff?

Raheem Morris is the only legitimate option as Interim HC IMO. Is there enough talent on the current staff to fill the other roles?
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Re: Interim Coaching Staff?

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:55 pm

I think you weather the storm. Both Mike and Snyder will save face if they wait until after the season.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Absolutely no point in firing them now. With just three games left, you don't embarrass a well respected coach like Shanahan, which would make the owner look like a vindictive jerk to potential replacements.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:26 pm

RayNAustin wrote:Absolutely no point in firing them now. With just three games left, you don't embarrass a well respected coach like Shanahan, which would make the owner look like a vindictive jerk to potential replacements.

Embarrassing him would be forcing him to stay for the rest of the year, lol
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:36 pm

RayNAustin wrote:Absolutely no point in firing them now. With just three games left, you don't embarrass a well respected coach like Shanahan, which would make the owner look like a vindictive jerk to potential replacements.

I think the owner already casts such an image. I think he had that image before Shanny & Son got there. Shanahan has made it worse for himself now, and getting the boot this evening wouldn't surprise me.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:48 pm

After today I'd be surprised if Shanny is here in the am... Kyle may get the option to stay hell maybe even be the interim hc, but has is prolly on his way out too. We need a lot of coaches, and the disgrace on all sides was clear as water today. No leadership. *sh$t* rolls downhill, and this management needs to be held accountable
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:03 pm

CBS post game show said Baylors head football coach Art Briles is an option. And that he said his extension with Baylor isn't necessarily locked for him to leave. I'm sure he would like going to the NFL. But we have so many problems... (And I think the coaching staff might stay till end of the season.)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:11 pm

There is ZERO chance that we'd ever see Spurrier here again and he's be a lot better option than bringing in a college coach - ANY college coach

this is the NFL and it would be a HUGE mistake to go that route especially with a franchise that has an owner like we do
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:13 pm

SkinsJock wrote:There is ZERO chance that we'd ever see Spurrier here again and he's be a lot better option than bringing in a college coach - ANY college coach

this is the NFL and it would be a HUGE mistake to go that route especially with a franchise that has an owner like we do

I tend to agree. Although Chip Kelly is doing okay. I think it would be most ideal to make the Baylor coach the offensive coordinator. But I doubt he would take that position. How about Gruden?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:22 pm

We have an owner that needs to stay off the field and away from the players - NO college coach is going to be able to 'control' Dan Snyder - NONE
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:36 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:

I think the owner already casts such an image. I think he had that image before Shanny & Son got there. Shanahan has made it worse for himself now, and getting the boot this evening wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think Snyder has an image like that ... I think he has a reputation for interfering too much but has rehabilitated that image with Allen and Shanahan running the team.

But the more I think about it ... and after listening to Shanahan's presser in which he made no effort at all to deny the "report" ... coupled with the desperately poor effort put out today by the team ... there could be immediate action, and I don't think firing Shanahan at this point would be viewed as knee-jerk reaction in light of this report looking like the truth rather than an embelished rumor.

Looks like there are big time problems here ... in the locker room ... with the leadership across the board, and no chance of putting out the fires. So, no .. it would come as no surprise to most, if there is a major shake up now.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:26 pm

There is no way that anyone with any sense would look at firing Mike at this time as anything BUT a knee jerk reaction by a jerk of an owner … :lol:

Postby redskin1018 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:38 pm

EA7649 wrote:CBS post game show said Baylors head football coach Art Briles is an option. And that he said his extension with Baylor isn't necessarily locked for him to leave. I'm sure he would like going to the NFL. But we have so many problems... (And I think the coaching staff might stay till end of the season.)

I don't see Briles leaving a Top 10 team in his home state where he just got a contract extension to walk in to the mess that is currently Washington. I don't think we should gamble with a college head coach, but I'd like to pull some coordinators that have experience coaching for and against spread option offenses.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:47 pm

SkinsJock wrote:There is no way that anyone with any sense would look at firing Mike at this time as anything BUT a knee jerk reaction by a jerk of an owner … :lol:

Um... I think you're absolutely wrong here. There's no way anyone with any sense would look at firing Mike as anything but the RIGHT thing to do. For any owner who cares about his product, the lack.of effort today was completely unacceptable, and someone needs to answer for it. Shannys presser reassured me that he doesn't care and has lost the players "buy in". If Snyder were going the knee jerk route it would have been vs niners or eagles.. or some other embarrassing moment. This game was disgraceful and the presser was the icing on the cake, especially with the rumor mill churning from last year. Today was a clear indication mike has long since checked out... And As the owner he is obligated to do something.. and fast.
Snyder is the owner, and that means the business he hires mangemnet to.manage said business.. Management is to set goals and achieve them or be held accountable. They in turn pass the goals set forth down the line. Firing the team is not an option, but blood needs to be shed. Shanny must have seen the writing on the wall, BUT hasn't done anything to avoid it. No action plan (fire Haz? St coach?), Had he been fired up, and pushing this team he might have a case- but honestly he hasn't showed any passion pretty much all year.
This is not on Danny boy...
And when he fires mike, its because mike gave up, not even because he didn't reach the goals he set forth. Dueces, I hate quitters!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:56 pm

SkinsJock wrote:There is no way that anyone with any sense would look at firing Mike at this time as anything BUT a knee jerk reaction by a jerk of an owner … :lol:

Well, most NFL prognosticators disagree with you, as most have said they would not be surprised at all if Shanahan isn't fired tomorrow .... and not one of them has suggested that it would be a knee-jerk reaction.

Of course, you've staunchly defended the Shanaclan regime, so no surprise you'd think that way. I, on the other hand wanted him fired after the Seattle game last year, and too bad that didn't happen ... we'd be a year ahead now, and the results couldn't have been much worse than we've seen happen this year with Mike and mini-me.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football